Dobbs Ferry, NY
Mercy College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercy College

Oliver
Hands down the most unsatisfying college experience I would ever imagine possible

This has been by far the worst semester I have spent at Mercy College thusfar. The classes I took this semester? 3/5 were online. Construction on campus? All day and night long. Navigating the destroyed campus supposedly under construction? A nightmare. Security guards on campus, their constantly on their phones or asleep on the job. Makes me feel real safe. Last but not least, the WIFI, Res Life, and the facilities such as Showers are all unacceptable. Wifi is terrible, no work can be done in the dorms. Res life and anyone who works with them, are snippy and speak always as if they could hate their job just a little more. And Showers Mercy? Come on, they should get hot on a regular, consistent and rapid basis. Its ridiculous not to be able to shower at certain times of the day, or even find paper towel in some of the bathrooms... Really terrible school experience so far with Mercy College and I really regret spending all this money so far on such a sub par, half assed school. ZERO STARS

Really
Terrible, if I could have given zero stars to Mercy I wouldnt Hesitate

Terrible, if I could have given zero stars to Mercy I wouldnt Hesitate

Unfortunately My experience here at Mercy college has been that of a slippery slope into a theoretical spiked pit of dismay, disorganization and disrespect. I started here in 2013, and have been steadily seen a decline in both services provided for students who live on campus here, and those apply for "lucrative new majors in up and coming fields" as Homeland Security was advertised. Low and behold, the Last of my classes have been Only offered online and I mean 75-80% of my courses pertaining to my actual major are online. There is a constant air of entitled, authoritarian rudeness throughout the entire Resident Life, and the Dean of Student services Kevin Joyce and his Assistant, Patricia Cristiano are rude and unhelpful every single time they are contacted with a problem regarding the dorms. This campus when I applied here in 2013 was scenic. As of last semester the entire middle of the campus INCLUDING 2/3rds of the parking near the dormitory, has been ripped up for construction of new dorms. -THE PICTURE DESCRIBING THIS CAMPUS on THIS WEBSITE IS COMPLETELY INACCURATE -Construction 730 AM to 530PM -Hot water takes anywhere between 5 to 30 minutes to reach the showers... -TERRIBLE WIFI COVERAGE has prevented me from posting for classes, and this review - I get billed twice, if not three times every semester repeatedly even after paying the bill for room, board and tuition the first time, every time... -Parking is no where near the dorms -Commuter orientated school, so if you commute youre Good!!! -Sub par teaching. The FEW teachers I have met throughout the time ive been here (LESS THAN 5) Have been exemplary and deserve either a raise or to be working in a higher paid position -Did I mention the Heat doesnt turn on until complained about or the 2nd week before school gets out is upon us -Actually have had a foreign english teacher before with a heavier accent than normal who completely garbled the language she was supposed to be teaching us, English...not Armenian -Private credits, thats right, you cant transfer without loosing atleast half of your credits -More often than not, the PACT student advisers are inept Really, Really unsatisfied with the experience Mercy College Advertises and then fails to provide. I really am. Also, if youre considering trasferring, good luck taking more than half of your credits with you regardless as to how much time, money or effort you have spent with these people.

Esther
fine college

Most of the staff are very helpful and accommodating.

fine college

Most of the staff are very helpful and accommodating.

Ceceilia
mercy college review

overall great place

mercy college review

overall great place

Mercy College was very financially inexpensive. I went to Sacred Heart University for my first two years, and then transferred to Mercy College. It cut the cost of tutition more than half and my experience at this school has been wonderful. The tuition cost is great and it definitely sets itself apart from other really expensive schools.

Knowing what I know now about myself as a soon-to-be college graduate, I would most likely tell my high school self to work hard, get involved and try new things. However, there really is not too much I would go back and change. I do not regret anything I have done or anything I have accomplished in these past couple of years. I believe things happen for reasons and mistakes occur to help us learn from them. So, from all such mistakes I may have made, they all sincerely helped me become the woman I am today and utterly change all previous preceptions I had on life. I would simply just tell myself to continue to work hard, follow my dreams and never give up. Times get hard, but it is truly the difficult times that determine who we are and what we are to become.

I love the staff. They do everything they can to help all students and really take the time to help whoever needs the help.

Eleanor

Very co-operative and hardworking

Very co-operative and hardworking

I would encourage myself to socialize more because life is not just about working on one's goals and aims, it's about who you know and who you can reach out to at some point in time. You may need help from others and same applies to them. Know who you are, where you want to be in the next few years and why you want to be there. Hardwork Pays!

Ebony

my classmates at mercy college was very helpful and supportive.

my classmates at mercy college was very helpful and supportive.

I did not give myself a chance to become a senior. I was Awarded to the state of New York and even though I was giving the same opportunities as children living with their parents, I allowed other people to define who I was. if I could go back in time I would tell my self.. "Ebony, dispite the fact you are left in this system all alone, you must make the best of it". "Ebony you have big dreams of becoming a powerful lawyer and active social worker. inorder for you to get there you must first take your time and slow down. Do not listen to the girls and case workers at the agency and group home, allow them to be your motivation for success". The last thing I would say to myself is , "Ebony keep in mind, if you work hard now you will enjoy great benefits later and before completion of college companies would offer you positions".

i wish that i would have know that there was no career assistance after graduation at the manhattan location.

Brandon

If i could go back and tell myself as a high school student what to expect and be ready for in college, I would start off by saying come prepared day 1. In high school things are very laid back and you can get away with alot more. In college, you need to take it serious from day one because more than likely they will start teaching material by day 2, if not day 1! The next thing i would tell myself is although the schedule is way less time spent in school, do not miss days just because! Attendance in college is so important not only so you do not hit your absence limit, but also so you stay on top of the material. If you have a class two days a week and you miss a day, you probably missed out on alot of valuble information! The final thing i would tell myself is to always take good notes and study as often as possibly! You are alot more responsible for you own education in college and it is the link to your future. Not to mention you only get one shot, so make it count!

Debbie Ann

Debbie-Ann, college life can best be described in three words : A different world. You will enter this world with little supervision and no one to hold your hand so you must be your own advisor and remind yourself of why you came to college, to succeed. Life doesn't have a do over button and everyday counts so please manage your time wisely and get great grades because if you don't graduate you will be doing it all over again. College life will expose you to alcohol and parties which will be your biggest downfall. My best advice to you would be to stay away. I encourage you to find a balance between studying and having fun but take the time to reflect on all the things you love now and seek out those that have the same interests. Lastly, remember to take your Bible. Let this be your guide- in all things remember that God has always answered your prayers and he will your best friend. You will reach a bump in the road so I want you to look this word up and no matter what remember it: Tenacity.

I can't think of anything that I regret about my experience so far. I did the research on the program I chose to enroll in and the staff was in constant communication with me and met my needs.

I think this school is a great match for any adult who is working full time and would like to go back to school. They offer an excellent program that caters to the working individual with classes that take place during the evenings, the advisory staff constantly reaches out to the student via email, and the campus is very accessible by bus and car (the highway is less than three minutes away). I also appreciated the fact that parents were able to bring their children to the campus while they pursued their education.

James

I wish I was told to be more outgoing sooner in the year, because its hard to make friends if you only leave your room for class. Be friendly and open-minded. I really started making friends when I put myself out there and started going to events and socializing.

What's the Greek scene like?

There isn't really any frats or sororities on campus. The only housing resembling that is due to certain teams such as lacrosse having their own house to dorm in.

Tell us about your professors.

Since class sizes aren't in the fifties or hundreds, you can really have a teacher/student relationship with your professor. Professors will know your name and are dedicated to helping you succeed.

I think every student should at least know their way around campus and come with an open mind whether about socializing and meeting new people or joining different clubs and benefit organizations.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

There is a big involvement with sports with many of the students attending Mercy. Although there is no football team, students play on the field hockey team, lacrosse team, baseball team, soccer team, etc.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library has an extensive list of books and have helpful librarians ready to assist anyone who needs help with research or have trouble with anything in the library. They have their own cafe and a quiet section where students can really focus if need be.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I chose to attend this school because it was one of the only schools to offer Music Production/Technology and was relatively cheap compared to tuition of offer school with this program.

Classes are not filled with fifty or more students so you really can have a one-on-one relationship with their professor if needed. I am in the music production/technology program so I take classes based on the fundamentals of music as well as the technology and techniques involved with recording in a studio or during live performances. General education classes are focused on learning for the sake of learning, but classes within your major are definately geared towards education for job seeking.

The stereotype is that this school is mostly for Vet Tech. majors or Pre Med. majors and while that is one of the more popular majors, there are many other really good programs and this school such as the Music Production/Technology program or the communications program.

Mercy College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.