Dobbs Ferry, NY
Mercy College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercy College

Maxine

If I could travel time I would pack up my delorean and tell my past self to cut the nonsense. College is a process. It’s going to take a number of events to achieve just one step. Studying comes before socializing. You will have plenty of opportunities to have fun after you graduate. Make sure you're prepared to take your sat because no college is going to want someone who is a slacker. When you get to college you will fend for yourself. Nothing is handed to you on a silver platter. If you want something get it and do it early too. Don't let anyone get in the way of your main priority and that is yourself. There are plenty of boys to go gaga for later down the road and you can make friends anytime. Remember discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.

I wish I would have known how much I would be taking out in loans before it came too close to the admissions deadline.

I love that my school has small class rooms. It's really easy to learn and communicate with my proffesors. I also love that the school is really close to home and compared to other schools tuition isin't too bad.

Eric

A helpful institution that can help me achieve my goals and access my career.

A helpful institution that can help me achieve my goals and access my career.

Transitioning into my first year of college was very difficult for me. There are some ways that I would change if I had the chance to. Not knowing what campus life was like, I was unprepared for college. If given a chance to return to my senior year in high school and give myself advice, I would prepare myself more efficiently. First, I would have been more financially balanced. I would have saved most of my money earned from working during my senior year and in the summer instead of spending my money on unnecessary items. I also would have applied for more online scholarships to help pay for my freshman semesters. Second, my grades for my senior year of high school would have been better in order to raise my grade point average coming into college. Maybe if i registered for summer courses i would have been a little ahead in college. Last, I would have prioritized for college better. A set time schedule would have been effective. My class schedule would revolve around times I have free to study and get enough rest for the next class or any other school activity I might be involved in.

Mercy College is not just any regular institution. It is a place where you can study all types of fields and your professors are friendly and very helpful. I would recommend a student who is social and hard working to attend this school. A student who isn't afraid to network with other people and meet new faces often will also suceed at this college. It would also be very helpful if you socialize with your professor often so he/ she can help you reach your goals for each class.

Oscar

Mercy College is a great College overall and very well known. It caters to students of all types and the school schedule is convenient... many programs to choose from... accelerated programs for undergraduates and graduates... It's very good for student and faculty interaction.

Honestly, you get out of Mercy what you put into it. They do accept almost anyone with a pulse--so some of the students are bright and driven, and others are just going to college to say they went to college. However, almost every faculty member I have dealt with has been extremely interested in teaching the students who want to learn. My professors have taught at, and been educated at, Columbia, Pace, and Harvard, etc. I have never had a large class, and feel as though I have learned a lot. Professors very insightful and everyone works with eachother.

I will explain, how my past choices and strong family values and support have lead me into making better choices for my future. I suffered the disappointment of not getting into any of the choices for High School I applied for. I remember the feeling I had when I opened the first letter and saw that I was not accepted. I was upset but still had hope that one of the other choices I applied for would accept me. My mother cradled me in her arms and assured me that it was going to be okay. With supreme effort and support of my family, I was accepted to St. Raymond’s. I was extremely grateful to St. Raymond’s for accepting me. My dream school was All Hallows High School, and with hard work and perseverance I was accepted into the school in my sophomore year. I have learned so much from my parents about life and what I must do in order to get where I'm today. I am very fortunate to have so much support from my family and mentor to do better. I thank you for taking the time to read my essay.

Francine

I have often thought about what I would do if I could go back to high school knowing what I know now. I would tell myself that there is nothing to be afraid of and that I am a strong person. I would be able to follow through on my college applications and complete the admissions process instead of running away and not going to college. I would have left my familiar surroundings behind and went away to school. I certainly would not have taken ten years off to party and hang out with friends. I also would have encouraged my friends to go to school too. Fear is something that causes people to do things they are used to doing instead of trying new things. Fear crippled me emotionally for a little while but I am no longer afraid. I am a strong independent woman now.

I liked the fact that they had several campuses beccause it made it easier for people who lived far from the main campus to get their education without having to travel great distances. I took classes at three different campuses.

The campus and the classes were culturally diverse and the students were of various ages. I was one of several older people in my classes. I had a great experience with the Professors, they were very helpful to me.

henri

Mercy College, the best place for young adults to flex their entrepreneurial skills while you are in college or at the very least when you are young enough not be bogged down with a career. Mercy is also a great place to start your venture as you have lots of free time, access to a large pool of people and your school can provide much-needed support. One my main goals as a student entrepreneur was financially bridging the gap between college and the post-college world, better known as “real life”. Thats what I can say about mercy college .

As a senior in high school, my mail box filled with college brochures that attempted to familiarize me with each campus and the various opportunities their institution had to offer. Now, as a college student, I realize just how little these colorful publications indicated what was awaiting me this fall. I have found that college is not just an “institute of higher learning but rather, an experience. The college experience is defined by once in a lifetime opportunities. Opportunities on the college campus range from sports and religious groups, to a unique social atmosphere, and recently discovered freedom. Truly, college offers something for everyone. Every imaginable type of club exists on campus. Religious groups of all denominations, as well as a variety of athletic events for both fun and competition can also be found. At the end it has valued me by seeing that growing as an individual has helped me adjust to the unique system of living college boasts. This is the only time my life where am assigned to a complete strangers, and told me make an eleven by eleven room our “home” for the next nine months. And as well opening the door to better career opportunities

To attend this college I believe should be outgoing .Someone looking for excitement meaning willing to participate in clubs and teams or consistently quiet study environment. better you know yourself and the more comfortable you feel with who you are before you start this process, the better you will be able to handle all the confusion and make a good decision. Someone who is well prepared for the challenges awaiting him/her. Set goals for yourself . Take notes and evaluate yourself so that you know what you need to improve on. Thats the type of person will be well suited

Kimberly

There are multiple differe ethnicities. Normally id be against it but i am getting used to it. Its different and sometimes can be hard to adjust because we all have different opinions.

Ive Gained many new friends and a new perspective on life. It has been valuable because it gives me a break from home, gives me time to grow up on my own.

The Living Situation and the College Surroundings, i wish i would have known that there isnt much to do around it unless you have a car or take public transportation. I wish i had realized that the dorms are small and everyone knows everyone also the public bathrooms cause a problem with living there because alot of people dont know how to clean up after themselves.

Chris

My college experience has given me a new appreciation for higher learning and a second chance towards teaching. I have been out of school for twenty two years but have returned to finish my Bachelor's degree. I want to complete my Master's in 2012 then move forward to a Ph.D. My professional career has spanned over twenty one years in the radio / broadcast industry and I have been blessed to learn from some of the best. I would love to share this knowledge one day by teaching radio broadcasting in the New York area. If I didn't have a great teacher when I attended Iona, I wouldn't have gotten as far. It's my job to do the same for students on day. As a returning adult, you quickly realize the value not just in the educational process but the journey and quest for knowledge and new experiences. The value of interacting with peers, professors and other professionals is priceless to say the least. This scholarship can help me to move forward and bring others with me as I complete a life long goal.

The ability to attend classes online at your own leisure is great for a full time employee and full time student like myself. You're able to interact with classmates from around the country online as if they were sitting next to you. The professors are great and the overall experience has been very good.

Nothing yet... You just have to have self-discipline when you work on your own.

Joseph

I have taken a lot out of my college experience for one thing is a bigger ego and more pride. I am also getting ready for a career that interests me and that I am excited to be in. Attendance is of the must importance seeming that you can not learn if you are not present to learn. My GPA is 3.7 and I can honestly say it took attendance, experience as well as a lot of hard work. I have been attending college for the last two years and it has changed my life for the better. I feel that I can accomplished anything and that I am ready to do so as well. Thank you for this opportunity Joseph Fox

T'Keyah

My school is best known for its landscape and how nice the campus is. Also their psychology and business programs. Mercy is also known for more programs that they provide for those who would like to further their education.

The things unique about my school is the amount of transportation provided. Also the progams they have some places don't have.

The experience I've gotten from my school is like no other. I have gotten to see all the clubs and oppurtunity that's out there. I also have met new people and made new friendships. The reason it has been vaulable to attend Mercy College is because I have learned new things. Another reason is because I have come in contact with people that will probably be in my life for a long time. It is also vaulable because meeting new people opens more doors and more things to offer for the better in my future.

Dorothy

We have this wonderful program "PACT". Basically we have mentors and the mentors are here for us whenever we are in need of help. Its pretty cool to have someone looking over your shoulder at time when you feel like your slipping. So that they can push you to want to succeed in everything that you do. Its small, and very family oriented. I hear great things about Mercy College every year.

You have to definitely stay at the top of your game. You slip and it won't be easy to get back up but you will eventually get back up. Its like a lesson learned before really living in the life of an adult. Its an eye opener. You learn alot about yourself while in college.

Its so far from my hometown, which is located in New Jersey. I love Mercy College, the freshmens moving including me are going to make Mercy College famous than it already is. I adore it and you would adore it to if you were to attend that college.

Mercy College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.