Dobbs Ferry, NY
Mercy College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercy College

Francine

I have often thought about what I would do if I could go back to high school knowing what I know now. I would tell myself that there is nothing to be afraid of and that I am a strong person. I would be able to follow through on my college applications and complete the admissions process instead of running away and not going to college. I would have left my familiar surroundings behind and went away to school. I certainly would not have taken ten years off to party and hang out with friends. I also would have encouraged my friends to go to school too. Fear is something that causes people to do things they are used to doing instead of trying new things. Fear crippled me emotionally for a little while but I am no longer afraid. I am a strong independent woman now.

I liked the fact that they had several campuses beccause it made it easier for people who lived far from the main campus to get their education without having to travel great distances. I took classes at three different campuses.

The campus and the classes were culturally diverse and the students were of various ages. I was one of several older people in my classes. I had a great experience with the Professors, they were very helpful to me.

henri

Mercy College, the best place for young adults to flex their entrepreneurial skills while you are in college or at the very least when you are young enough not be bogged down with a career. Mercy is also a great place to start your venture as you have lots of free time, access to a large pool of people and your school can provide much-needed support. One my main goals as a student entrepreneur was financially bridging the gap between college and the post-college world, better known as “real life”. Thats what I can say about mercy college .

As a senior in high school, my mail box filled with college brochures that attempted to familiarize me with each campus and the various opportunities their institution had to offer. Now, as a college student, I realize just how little these colorful publications indicated what was awaiting me this fall. I have found that college is not just an “institute of higher learning but rather, an experience. The college experience is defined by once in a lifetime opportunities. Opportunities on the college campus range from sports and religious groups, to a unique social atmosphere, and recently discovered freedom. Truly, college offers something for everyone. Every imaginable type of club exists on campus. Religious groups of all denominations, as well as a variety of athletic events for both fun and competition can also be found. At the end it has valued me by seeing that growing as an individual has helped me adjust to the unique system of living college boasts. This is the only time my life where am assigned to a complete strangers, and told me make an eleven by eleven room our “home” for the next nine months. And as well opening the door to better career opportunities

To attend this college I believe should be outgoing .Someone looking for excitement meaning willing to participate in clubs and teams or consistently quiet study environment. better you know yourself and the more comfortable you feel with who you are before you start this process, the better you will be able to handle all the confusion and make a good decision. Someone who is well prepared for the challenges awaiting him/her. Set goals for yourself . Take notes and evaluate yourself so that you know what you need to improve on. Thats the type of person will be well suited

Kimberly

There are multiple differe ethnicities. Normally id be against it but i am getting used to it. Its different and sometimes can be hard to adjust because we all have different opinions.

Ive Gained many new friends and a new perspective on life. It has been valuable because it gives me a break from home, gives me time to grow up on my own.

The Living Situation and the College Surroundings, i wish i would have known that there isnt much to do around it unless you have a car or take public transportation. I wish i had realized that the dorms are small and everyone knows everyone also the public bathrooms cause a problem with living there because alot of people dont know how to clean up after themselves.

Chris

My college experience has given me a new appreciation for higher learning and a second chance towards teaching. I have been out of school for twenty two years but have returned to finish my Bachelor's degree. I want to complete my Master's in 2012 then move forward to a Ph.D. My professional career has spanned over twenty one years in the radio / broadcast industry and I have been blessed to learn from some of the best. I would love to share this knowledge one day by teaching radio broadcasting in the New York area. If I didn't have a great teacher when I attended Iona, I wouldn't have gotten as far. It's my job to do the same for students on day. As a returning adult, you quickly realize the value not just in the educational process but the journey and quest for knowledge and new experiences. The value of interacting with peers, professors and other professionals is priceless to say the least. This scholarship can help me to move forward and bring others with me as I complete a life long goal.

The ability to attend classes online at your own leisure is great for a full time employee and full time student like myself. You're able to interact with classmates from around the country online as if they were sitting next to you. The professors are great and the overall experience has been very good.

Nothing yet... You just have to have self-discipline when you work on your own.

Joseph

I have taken a lot out of my college experience for one thing is a bigger ego and more pride. I am also getting ready for a career that interests me and that I am excited to be in. Attendance is of the must importance seeming that you can not learn if you are not present to learn. My GPA is 3.7 and I can honestly say it took attendance, experience as well as a lot of hard work. I have been attending college for the last two years and it has changed my life for the better. I feel that I can accomplished anything and that I am ready to do so as well. Thank you for this opportunity Joseph Fox

T'Keyah

My school is best known for its landscape and how nice the campus is. Also their psychology and business programs. Mercy is also known for more programs that they provide for those who would like to further their education.

The things unique about my school is the amount of transportation provided. Also the progams they have some places don't have.

The experience I've gotten from my school is like no other. I have gotten to see all the clubs and oppurtunity that's out there. I also have met new people and made new friendships. The reason it has been vaulable to attend Mercy College is because I have learned new things. Another reason is because I have come in contact with people that will probably be in my life for a long time. It is also vaulable because meeting new people opens more doors and more things to offer for the better in my future.

Dorothy

We have this wonderful program "PACT". Basically we have mentors and the mentors are here for us whenever we are in need of help. Its pretty cool to have someone looking over your shoulder at time when you feel like your slipping. So that they can push you to want to succeed in everything that you do. Its small, and very family oriented. I hear great things about Mercy College every year.

You have to definitely stay at the top of your game. You slip and it won't be easy to get back up but you will eventually get back up. Its like a lesson learned before really living in the life of an adult. Its an eye opener. You learn alot about yourself while in college.

Its so far from my hometown, which is located in New Jersey. I love Mercy College, the freshmens moving including me are going to make Mercy College famous than it already is. I adore it and you would adore it to if you were to attend that college.

Mercy College is a wonderful campus with amazing professors, students, and counclers that work together and work with the students to reach their full potential.

My college is known mainly for its outstanding acedemic studies. It is one of the top colleges in the state of New York for many things such as its amazing five year education program.

There are so many wonderful things that I have been able to take out of my college experience. In only my first year at Mercy College I have made friends that I will never lose and have learned life lessons that I will never forget. Being a dorming student my experiences go farther that those that simply attend the college. I have been able to experience life on my own and the joy of meeting the new people around me. My professors at Mercy have helped me to get closer to the stars that I wish to reach and have pushed me to be the best that I can be in the field of study that I am striving to complete. My experience at Mercy College is more valuable to me then anything someone can own. I would not give anything to lose this experience nor would I change anyhing about it. It would have to be one of the wisest decisions of my life and I thank God and my mother every day for allowing me to have and enjoy the experience.

I am currently enrolled in my second year of college at SUNY Albany. Last year, I attended Hudson Valley Community College. Even though it has only been one year, college to me has been worth the while. In my first and only year of college, I have made many friends and learned quite a bit about my major already. I have wanted to be a veterinarian, or help animals in some way since I can even remember. Being enrolled in the Biology program has made me confirm that I still want to do so. I have learned so much in Biology, and I wouldn't take any of my knowledge away for anything. In the Biology program, I have met so many people that are so diverse, and that I am able to call my friends. Basically, the most important thing that I have gotten out of my college experience is the knowledge that I want to stick with exactly what I have planned to do my whole life. My friends, and teachers have helped me through my first year, and have showed me what a wonderful thing it is to be able to study Biology and help animals.

Carlen

I applied to Mercy College not only because it was the school my mom graduated from but because it offered many things I needed. The professors were exceptional, if I received a low grade on a paper they would ask me what I needed help with and they would inform me of the hours and days they were available to tutor. My classes were small, the professors encouraged us to get to know our classmates and I enjoyed the lectures and even the research papers because they were interesting and informative. I love this school, I love the fact that I can attend both the Bronx and Manhattan campus during a semester, I like the fact that because they provide trimesters so I don't have to take classes till midnight. I've been at Mercy for two years now and I have never received a grade lower than a B, I have a 3.3 GPA and I have worked hard for it. At Mercy hard work pays off, I actually enjoy my classes and I look forward to the discussions. Mercy College is the exact environment I needed to grow mentally and emotionally, which I have.

In order to attend Mercy College a person needs to be willing to work hard. The professors at this school make it easy to pass the courses but you have to be willing to put in the work. As long as the person keeps working hard, doing the classwork as well as the homework in the manner the professor asked then you are sure to receive a passing grade. This school is mainly for people who are goal oriented and who will stop at nothing to get where they need to go.

I believe that someone who is not focused on school and who is much more of a party animal than someone who is career oriented should not attend this school. Someone who has yet to figure out what they want to do in life and who basically finished High School just because they showed up most of the time then this school is definitely not for them.

Mercy College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.