Dobbs Ferry, NY
Mercy College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercy College

Natasha

A world in a bubble full of hot air going nowhere.

A world in a bubble full of hot air going nowhere.

I would tell myself to be more attentive, not everything is what it seems. I would tell myself that I will make mistakes and to not beat myself up over them because they are necessary for growth. I would tell myself that at the first hint that there is something wrong with a college go somewhere else. Instincts never lie and if you smell a fish it's somewhere in the room. Stay out of state, learn different cultures and lifestyles, and never settle for the mundane. Most importantly not to rush and try to do everything at all at once, relax and enjoy.

The most frustating thing about my school are the lies. They lie about the quality of the rooms, food, they even lie about the athletics. If the advisors aren't in your field they have no clue what's going on so you ask why they would even give you an advisor outside of your field. It seems as if they have students incharge of everything and you can never find the person who's really incharge. It's very very very disorganized.

Ruth

If I could go back one year and advise myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself several things. Education is important, and a huge part of successful learning is being ready to face whatever comes to you. Try your hardest to achieve straight A’s in your college courses that you’re taking this year. If you do, by the end of freshman year, you will have a 4.0 GPA! Be extra organized as you start college because it’s too easy to forget assignment and tests that you need to study for. Most of all, remember the finish line. You’re doing this because you have dreams and aspirations and you care about the future. There will be ups and downs in school, but don’t be discouraged. When you’re older, you'll look back and be thankful that you were fortunate enough to continue your education. Remember that knowledge is something that no one can ever take away from you. Your degree will help you find a career that you love, and you will be able to live a comfortable, happy, content, and satisfied life. Keep Going! It’ll all be worth it.

lindsey

Keep God first, he won't let you down! Do more in high school and make an effort to be involved, don't just sit on the sidelines. College is all about being active, and you will regret it if you don't make an effort to fit in! Don't give into peer pressure, your friends will like you for who you are and the other people won't matter in the long run. Your grades do matter. Try hard in school so that you can go straight into a unniversity and not a junior college. Learn to save money, and save for school, loans will add up! Listen to your parents, they're on your side more than you think.

Maxine

If I could travel time I would pack up my delorean and tell my past self to cut the nonsense. College is a process. It’s going to take a number of events to achieve just one step. Studying comes before socializing. You will have plenty of opportunities to have fun after you graduate. Make sure you're prepared to take your sat because no college is going to want someone who is a slacker. When you get to college you will fend for yourself. Nothing is handed to you on a silver platter. If you want something get it and do it early too. Don't let anyone get in the way of your main priority and that is yourself. There are plenty of boys to go gaga for later down the road and you can make friends anytime. Remember discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.

I wish I would have known how much I would be taking out in loans before it came too close to the admissions deadline.

I love that my school has small class rooms. It's really easy to learn and communicate with my proffesors. I also love that the school is really close to home and compared to other schools tuition isin't too bad.

Eric

A helpful institution that can help me achieve my goals and access my career.

A helpful institution that can help me achieve my goals and access my career.

Transitioning into my first year of college was very difficult for me. There are some ways that I would change if I had the chance to. Not knowing what campus life was like, I was unprepared for college. If given a chance to return to my senior year in high school and give myself advice, I would prepare myself more efficiently. First, I would have been more financially balanced. I would have saved most of my money earned from working during my senior year and in the summer instead of spending my money on unnecessary items. I also would have applied for more online scholarships to help pay for my freshman semesters. Second, my grades for my senior year of high school would have been better in order to raise my grade point average coming into college. Maybe if i registered for summer courses i would have been a little ahead in college. Last, I would have prioritized for college better. A set time schedule would have been effective. My class schedule would revolve around times I have free to study and get enough rest for the next class or any other school activity I might be involved in.

Mercy College is not just any regular institution. It is a place where you can study all types of fields and your professors are friendly and very helpful. I would recommend a student who is social and hard working to attend this school. A student who isn't afraid to network with other people and meet new faces often will also suceed at this college. It would also be very helpful if you socialize with your professor often so he/ she can help you reach your goals for each class.

Oscar

Mercy College is a great College overall and very well known. It caters to students of all types and the school schedule is convenient... many programs to choose from... accelerated programs for undergraduates and graduates... It's very good for student and faculty interaction.

Honestly, you get out of Mercy what you put into it. They do accept almost anyone with a pulse--so some of the students are bright and driven, and others are just going to college to say they went to college. However, almost every faculty member I have dealt with has been extremely interested in teaching the students who want to learn. My professors have taught at, and been educated at, Columbia, Pace, and Harvard, etc. I have never had a large class, and feel as though I have learned a lot. Professors very insightful and everyone works with eachother.

I will explain, how my past choices and strong family values and support have lead me into making better choices for my future. I suffered the disappointment of not getting into any of the choices for High School I applied for. I remember the feeling I had when I opened the first letter and saw that I was not accepted. I was upset but still had hope that one of the other choices I applied for would accept me. My mother cradled me in her arms and assured me that it was going to be okay. With supreme effort and support of my family, I was accepted to St. Raymond’s. I was extremely grateful to St. Raymond’s for accepting me. My dream school was All Hallows High School, and with hard work and perseverance I was accepted into the school in my sophomore year. I have learned so much from my parents about life and what I must do in order to get where I'm today. I am very fortunate to have so much support from my family and mentor to do better. I thank you for taking the time to read my essay.

Francine

I have often thought about what I would do if I could go back to high school knowing what I know now. I would tell myself that there is nothing to be afraid of and that I am a strong person. I would be able to follow through on my college applications and complete the admissions process instead of running away and not going to college. I would have left my familiar surroundings behind and went away to school. I certainly would not have taken ten years off to party and hang out with friends. I also would have encouraged my friends to go to school too. Fear is something that causes people to do things they are used to doing instead of trying new things. Fear crippled me emotionally for a little while but I am no longer afraid. I am a strong independent woman now.

I liked the fact that they had several campuses beccause it made it easier for people who lived far from the main campus to get their education without having to travel great distances. I took classes at three different campuses.

The campus and the classes were culturally diverse and the students were of various ages. I was one of several older people in my classes. I had a great experience with the Professors, they were very helpful to me.

henri

Mercy College, the best place for young adults to flex their entrepreneurial skills while you are in college or at the very least when you are young enough not be bogged down with a career. Mercy is also a great place to start your venture as you have lots of free time, access to a large pool of people and your school can provide much-needed support. One my main goals as a student entrepreneur was financially bridging the gap between college and the post-college world, better known as “real life”. Thats what I can say about mercy college .

As a senior in high school, my mail box filled with college brochures that attempted to familiarize me with each campus and the various opportunities their institution had to offer. Now, as a college student, I realize just how little these colorful publications indicated what was awaiting me this fall. I have found that college is not just an “institute of higher learning but rather, an experience. The college experience is defined by once in a lifetime opportunities. Opportunities on the college campus range from sports and religious groups, to a unique social atmosphere, and recently discovered freedom. Truly, college offers something for everyone. Every imaginable type of club exists on campus. Religious groups of all denominations, as well as a variety of athletic events for both fun and competition can also be found. At the end it has valued me by seeing that growing as an individual has helped me adjust to the unique system of living college boasts. This is the only time my life where am assigned to a complete strangers, and told me make an eleven by eleven room our “home” for the next nine months. And as well opening the door to better career opportunities

To attend this college I believe should be outgoing .Someone looking for excitement meaning willing to participate in clubs and teams or consistently quiet study environment. better you know yourself and the more comfortable you feel with who you are before you start this process, the better you will be able to handle all the confusion and make a good decision. Someone who is well prepared for the challenges awaiting him/her. Set goals for yourself . Take notes and evaluate yourself so that you know what you need to improve on. Thats the type of person will be well suited

Kimberly

There are multiple differe ethnicities. Normally id be against it but i am getting used to it. Its different and sometimes can be hard to adjust because we all have different opinions.

Ive Gained many new friends and a new perspective on life. It has been valuable because it gives me a break from home, gives me time to grow up on my own.

The Living Situation and the College Surroundings, i wish i would have known that there isnt much to do around it unless you have a car or take public transportation. I wish i had realized that the dorms are small and everyone knows everyone also the public bathrooms cause a problem with living there because alot of people dont know how to clean up after themselves.

Chris

My college experience has given me a new appreciation for higher learning and a second chance towards teaching. I have been out of school for twenty two years but have returned to finish my Bachelor's degree. I want to complete my Master's in 2012 then move forward to a Ph.D. My professional career has spanned over twenty one years in the radio / broadcast industry and I have been blessed to learn from some of the best. I would love to share this knowledge one day by teaching radio broadcasting in the New York area. If I didn't have a great teacher when I attended Iona, I wouldn't have gotten as far. It's my job to do the same for students on day. As a returning adult, you quickly realize the value not just in the educational process but the journey and quest for knowledge and new experiences. The value of interacting with peers, professors and other professionals is priceless to say the least. This scholarship can help me to move forward and bring others with me as I complete a life long goal.

The ability to attend classes online at your own leisure is great for a full time employee and full time student like myself. You're able to interact with classmates from around the country online as if they were sitting next to you. The professors are great and the overall experience has been very good.

Nothing yet... You just have to have self-discipline when you work on your own.

Mercy College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.