Michigan State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Michigan State University

Sailormoon

Michigan State University is a open, caring and bright campus. When you step onto that Green grass of the Spartans you will feel right at home. Not only does Michigan State offer a variety of scholarships they are also helpful when it comes to financial aid.

Though a lot has happened in the last year or so that can make a lot of people think negatively about the type of school Michigan State is, I honestly believe that those actions taken by a few do not represent the school as a whole. Many don't realize how much the student body has done to convey the message that that is not who we are, we are better, and we won't let our school be brought down because of it.

I think MSU is a great place to go to college. There's always room for improvement, but the classes are educational and there are many opportunities for all kinds of people. It's quite expensive, but there's no getting around that. Overall, I'm proud to be a Spartan.

Anne

All in all, I love being a student at MSU. Despite its flaws and recent controversies, it is a wonderful college to attend. Its wide variety of majors, huge offering of extracurriculars, amazing diversity, and beautiful campus are worth boasting about.

Buchi

Overall, my experience in Michigan State University has been phenomenal. I am in the Lyman Briggs Program and the education I get here is by far the best in Michigan. This program leans towards students who wish to deal with medicine for their career so it really helps me as I aspire to become an Orthopedic Surgeon. I made a great decision by coming to Michigan State University and I hope my entire college experience is like this.

Aaliyah

I truly enjoyed the Michigan State University Campus. It was absolutely beautiful. I enjoyed being able to see the students inside and out if their classrooms which gave me different views of the students. The students were very friendly and willing to talk to me about the campus and professors. I heard many wonderful things about some of the professors and the classes they taught. This is a campus I would enjoy going to come fall.

Karley

Michigan State University is a wonderful higher education facility. There are so many opportunities to become involved in a variety of different groups that you are interested in. There is learning opportunities all over the campus, so you are never not learning while you're here. It is very easy to make new friends while on campus as there are tons of people with similar interests as yourself.

Bethany

Love It!!!! There is always something to do, somewhere to go. The professors are helpful and nice. There are classes for anything and everything. The campus is gorgeous! There are people from all over the world, with all kinds of stories to share. It is just a wonderful place!

KristanI

I believe that Michigan State University is a campus unlike any other. I live for Saturday football games and winter time basketball. It is an atmosphere that cannot be described but one must feel it to understand what I am describing. The student body is like a family willing to help one another no matter the cause. The teachers and professors extend themselves and work overtime in most cases to make sure that students understand the material. It is a great experience overall.

Michigan State University is an amazing university. I am currently a freshmen at MSU and it has been a crazy, stressful, and fun year. There is no where else I would want to spend my college years. There is always something to do, and there is rarely a time that I stay in my room. I have created a bunch of friends. And while also having fun, they have some of the best academics in the country.

Joshua

Albeit recent events, MSU is still a great school. It isn't perfect, but no school is. I do feel that more focus should be put into academics and building up our facilities instead of feeding into the already strong athletic culture here. And the salaries are pretty unfairly handed out here. But we still attract an all star cast of instructors. I feel that I am learning from very qualified professors that do have my best interest in mind. With better management of money, I believe MSU can become an excellent university.

Londen

Michigan State University is a great school because it’s diverse and has so many opportunities! I never thought that college would be such a great environment. Everyone is so nice and they love to have fun. I also enjoy the fact that you can get into the honors college!

Paige

Michigan State is a great school, but we have been struggling taking control of women and women survivors. The clubs and academics allow one to expand their horizon and discover their passions. The food could be better as well as the respective culture of the campus. Overall, there is something for everybody at Michigan State.

Kudra

I really like it here so far. There's a huge assortment of clubs and student organizations, classes are of a variety of sizes and professors are usually pretty accessible, and the school spirit is definitely something else! People screaming "Go Green" to the reply of "Go White" is heard 24/7, and 1 out of every 3 students is usually wearing some kind of MSU gear. The people here are great as well, you can find people from any background, religion, political stance, etc. And there's a lot of support, academic, social, and health-wise. Plus there's a huge amount of job opportunities on campus so you don't even need to leave to find a place to work. Rooms are a good size, free laundry, and close to dining halls.

Madison

Michigan state university is my dream school. Since I was a little girl I hoped some day to become a spartan. Michigan state holds and amazing academic status and athletic department. The professors at Michigan state thrive to help their students graduate in 4 years with outstanding transcripts. Michigan state has the students futures in mind.

caleb

i really like it at MSU and i would recommend attending this school. there is a lot to do on campus and you will never be bored and many activities happen off campus as well. i live off campus so it is kind a relief to get away and be able to just be on my own every once in a while.

I think it is wonderful place for incoming students to grow and thrive. There are a lot of extracurricular activities available and the University Activities Board has something fun planned every single night of the week. It may seem like a huge campus at first but being a part of all these different groups can really make this big campus seem small.

Zhane

Michigan State University is a large campus and those looking for a big school should apply! The school offers a lot of sports and the school and involved heavily. School spirit is seen strongly as well. The campus itself is beautiful and mesmerizing.

I love MSU! It's not an inexpensive school but the experience is so worth it. There's something here for everyone with its diversity and many opportunities to meet and gain new friends. We're big on competition but we always help our fellow Spartans out. There are some personal things that we all dislike as a unit, like the parking (it's terrible!), but I wouldn't pick any other school to attend and hopefully graduate from other than Michigan State University.

Chelsie

MSU is a great place to go to school. The atmosphere is inviting and there are always plenty of things to do! The professors are top-notch and the classes or intriguing and a lot of fun to be in. I'm so glad I chose MSU!

Brent

Michigan State is a great place to receive a quality education. This school is generally a pain to transfer credits into. I lost almost a semester and half of credits when I transferred. There are plenty of clubs and organizations to become apart of. Get involved at this College!

Miglena

Overall, I love MSU for what it offers both inside and outside of the classroom. The current political climate around campus is a little strained since the trial with Nassar; however, this is the perfect moment to engage with the administration and make MSU an even better and more empathetic university. If we come together as a community, then MSU will be that much more equipped for the future. In regard to the campus life, it is convenient with cafeterias available. The dorms are not bad, but also not that amazing to live in. There are plenty of opportunities to find what your passion is and seek to achieve it.

Alicia

Overall, I love Michigan State University. It presents a great atmosphere with lots of friendly individuals that look out for each other. I have that most students are willingly to help one another. Furthermore, this university provides lots of opportunities and resources for students.

Imani

Michigan State University is what ever you want it to be. Whether you're introverted or extroverted, book worm or party animal, MSU is for you. There are so many resources on and off campus, it's crazy. I've only been at MSU for one semester and can't wait for the next. GO GREEN! GO WHITE! GO STATE!

stephanie

Michigan State University is a great institute but some of the people that attend are horrible.The housing is okay, there is an insects and rodent problem that needs to be taken care of. The food selection in the dinning halls and local market (Sparty's) is repetitive and too greasy. I like my courses and the selection of friends I managed to make. I feel I am growing into a promising young adult and I have the feeling I will make it out with a promising career.

Mohamed

I truly love MSU. It has a beautiful environment as well as a great academic structure. People and students here live to learn, explore, and discover opportunities that the university has to offer. We are the future. This is why Michigan State University is helping us pave the way to success. Spartans stand together! GO GREEN!!! GO WHITE!!!

Ryda

Michigan State University is said to be located in East Lansing, however Michigan State IS East Lansing, Michigan. If you are looking for a college with different cultures and a bustling city life, that is not MSU. MSU is its own culture, melting pot of the students combined sewn together by higher education.

Parker

My first year at MSU seemed kinda cold. The more I got involved though the more I felt at home. Some people feel like you could talk to all day just like old friends. I kept my head up and I know that there is always something for someone. The campus is huge and sometimes uninviting. It also takes a long time to figure out your campus.

Erin

Michigan State University, though a very large campus and institution, is extremely well accommodating to students, staff, and guests! Whatever the need is for student life, MSU will provide it as best as possible and if they cannot, the students take matters into their own hands. MSU is a good university for those that are looking to explore many options and possible career paths!

Mouna Dehghan

My overall opinion on Michigan State University is that this is one of the best schools in the country. We are full spirited and no matter what you're never alone in any type of situation. There are always people to talk to and get advice from whether it's in class, outside the class, about clothes, parties etc, the list is never ending. I love my school so much, I have great pride for Michigan State because I have found where I belong. No matter what goes on with the current events that are happening, the students have so much pride and will stand up for what is right. In conclusion, my overall opinion on Michigan State is that no matter where you are around the world, you will always be a spartan.

I think Michigan State is a great school and I am ready to attend in the fall and start my career in livestock Industries and hopefully pursue my career. I have heard a lot of negative things about MSU lately but I love the campus and the teachers they have been nothing but nice to me and my friends when we have came to visit the campus and get ready for our next years as a Spartan!

Katrina

I love it. I am nothing but happy to have picked to go here, despite how large the campus is. I am able to access help whenever I need to and there are people everywhere with the same interests as me. Michigan State University has already opened many doors for me and I hope will continue to do so.

Michigan State University is a huge school with a diverse group of students, although the class sizes are so large the school does an amazing opportunity of involving students of all interests and majors in the community. Theres a vast majority of different clubs and organizations for people of an interests from bats to crafts. The housing makes you feel right at home, theres spacious rooms and all the amenities you'd ever need. Michigan State is an amazing school fit for any person.

Julia

When I visited MSU, my overall opinion is that this university is better than others. When I visited here, students were the tour guides. The atmosphere that the MSU students brought was not fake at all. They all seemed to genuinely like their school and talked about taking pride of being a Spartan.

Alannah

Despite many stereotypes and outside opinions, Michigan State University is an amazing school to be a part of. Even thought the campus is big, you find your place here and learn to love it as your home. There are so many available resources to help you not only feel comfortable but also succeed. You become a part of a community here and we all bleed Green!

Polina

Emma

I love Michigan state. I just finished my first semester and had a great experience. I am an out of state student and coming to a big school was scary. I felt comfortable in classes and did not get overwhelmed with the work. I was able to make a home for myself at Michigan state and there's no other school I'd rather go to.

Michigan State has a beautiful campus, which I enjoy very much. The whole university has great student life and there is always support nearby. The professors are very good about helping you in your educational path and there are always opportunities for you to further your career!

Maaria

The people at Michigan State is what makes State great. They also have one of the most beautiful campuses in the US. The best part is the college campus because it is basically its own city. We live in our own bubble and consider this University as our home.

Reese

Michigan State University is a university where everyone belongs. The beauty of a big school is that there is a place for everyone. There will always be a club, fraternity, or study group for you to join and you can find something that works for you.

Cimone

Despite what many may think because of the recent events that have taken place my school has one of the best academic opportunities. Speaking from experience, my Animal Science classes are mostly hands on and gives students like myself, who are from an non-agricultural background, an opportunity to experience agriculture. These opportunities include visiting the farms that are on the outskirts of campus, visiting companies that are popular in the Ag. community. I am thankful that I attend a university that give me an opportunity the branch out and experience adulthood, college life, and seeking career path opportunities.

It is the best college to go to.

molly

I think Michigan State University is a great place to go to school. There are so many academic opportunities and things to get involved in. You come here to learn and there’s more than you could imagine to learn about through classes, clubs, groups, and many more things. The campus is very diverse making it very welcoming to anyone.

Camery

Michigan State University, the prestigious university founded in 1855, provides students a campus that offers endless research opportunities, academic resources and social engagements… but lets face it! Any college is only what the student chooses to make of it and in this sense, MSU is very unique. From the squirrel-watching club to the deeply rooted Greek life and back around to the die-hard sports fans, every student has a place to be themselves. Personally, as a student who struggles with large class sizes, I find easily accessible resources to be most valuable. The MLC, math-learning center, has personal tutors who can walk you through any math problem for any math class. Despite the many wonderful aspects of Michigan State University, unfortunately there are just as many downsides. On game days, especially referring to big games like Michigan State University versus University of Michigan, the traffic is terrible! Boisterous students and visitors covered in body paint fill the streets, taking full advantage of their pedestrian rights. The chaos from tailgating and game day excitement quickly moves to the night where rowdy college students roam the 5,192-acre campus, drink liquor and even burn couches in apartment complexes. I often wonder why the air smells of marijuana but as of June 2016 officials legalized the substance. Of course the new law comes with many stipulations, college students only hear two words: weed and legal. Needless to say, MSU’s party scene can be so stimulating that it can sometimes be a downfall but then again, it simply depends on the student!

Peter

I am currently a Freshman at Michigan State University and I am loving it! Campus is great and provides the perfect mix of urban and rural environmnets. Sports teams are fun to watch and there is always a variety of ways to seek help in classes and any other way imaginable. Its a great school! I have no regrets!

Lisa

Michigan State is a great college and a beautiful campus. The professors and TAs are always ready to offer assistance when you have questions. The tutoring facilities are also helpful. It's a large campus, but has a lot of uniques opportunities if you take to explore it

Sloan

I absolutely love Michigan State University. From the beautiful banks of the Red Cedar River, to the newly renovated Brody Complex, there is something captivating about the campus. The teachers are extremely helpful and available. The class sizes are large, but that is expected from a Big 10 college. The teachers are very accommodating and want the students to be successful. There are countless clubs to be a part of and hundreds of ways to get involved on campus. There is something for everyone, and if someone is feeling ambitious they can go out and create their own club. All of these things combined make Michigan State University an amazing college and a place I am happy to call my home for the next 4 years.

Seba

Michigan State University is a peculiar university as it has the perfect balance between academics and proper college experience. The diversity and wide range of students allows each and every person to feel like they belong somewhere and truly is a place to find long lasting friendships and a bright future. Its academic structure is extremely strong, as it challenges the student to think and solve real life problems that require them to actually go out there and have a taste of the field they're studying. It's truly a wonderful university.

Alexandria

Michigan State University is under a lot of fire right now with the case of Larry Nassar, however the university itself is handling student relations with great understanding. MSU has many amazing resources available 24/7 to its students, including free counseling, doctor's visits, tutoring, etc. Though the previous administration had some issues, they are working to restructure and improve. We have done a vote of no-confidence (resulting in a 94% vote of no-confidence, along with the call for the Board of Trustees to resign), and are constantly hosting events on campus to increase a feeling of inclusion and safety. No college is perfect, but I would choose Michigan State University 100 times over if I could.

Kylan

Michigan State University is an outstanding university. There is immense diversity and culture. The faculty members are extremely helpful and empathetic. Academically, Michigan State University holds high standards for the students and helps prepare its students for the next step in life.