Michigan State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Michigan State University

Tasnim

It is super friendly and welcome to all. I truly hope to attend here for my higher education years. The students here are extremely helpful and the most utmost humble people I have ever met. Almost everything perfect for this university except for financial aid. While there are opportunities, I feel as though it is almost harmful for the people in the middle.

Jada

Michigan State University is a dream. Come live the dream! The campus life is great. They have a lot of housing options to choose from. If you haven't heard about the meal plans and food, you're missing out. We get unlimited swipes at the cafe and can eat whenever and however much we want. The sporting events are super fun, it is overall a great college experience. Go Green!

Jasmine

Michigan State University is a great school. There is plenty to do on campus and the resources available to minority students is incredible. There is also an emphasis on student health and well-being, which is evident in the numerous counseling services on campus.

Abbie

This university is an amazing place to learn, succeed, and grow as a person. The classes are a variety of sizes allowing anyone to find a size that fits their academic needs. The professors and other students are always willing to help! This university makes it possible to achieve any goal you set your mind to.

MSU is a huge campus, with lots of activities to partake in and a lot of people to meet. There's a club or sport for just about everything. The people you meet on campus are lifelong friends, and all are willing to help you succeed in academics. The campus facilities are normally very clean, and the campus food has lots of good choices.

Katlyn

Overall it is a great school, and I thoroughly enjoy my time attending school. There are many opportunities that I have taken advantage of such as tutoring run by students, and even joined the in campus quidditch club. The atmosphere is very encouraging as they promote teamwork and make it seem like a noncompetitive society.

Isabelle

I have live in East Lansing my whole life. I think every school has its up and downs. It’s a school you have to learn som how.

Elysia

I currently attend Michigan State University and I could not see myself attending another university. The education is preparing me greatly for my future, I feel included in university life, and there is no shortage of school spirit, clubs, and activities. Being a Spartan is one of the best experiences of my life.

Orlandria

Michigan State University is a great college that welcomes every student with open arms. You will never be secluded because there are hundreds of student-created clubs that hold different interests. Class sizes are appropriate and you can usually find a study partner. Dorms are average, a little outdated but you can choose your roommate or have a roommate that hold similar interests to you. The professors vary just like on other college campuses, but go to ratemyprofessor.com and you can find reviews on most of them. Sports are huge, we are part of the Big 10 Conference and the student section is always hyped up because our sports teams play phenomenally at the D1 level.

It is a good school with many great academic and extracirricular opportunities like internships and clubs. I have met some great people here ans hope to meet many more. I feel like the food gets a bad rap, but I actually like it. In my experience, the professors are always willing to help out students if they need it.

Coral

It’s a waste of money. You’re paying for a big ten university but for what? Scandal and a fancy sheet of paper? Hey need to seriously re-evaluate What they are charging students as well as what they spend their money on. They pay guests to come and speak “for students” but in reality it’s only professors that are interested in them. They spend money on rebuilding and remodeling but only buildings they think will get more traffic from outside. The dorms are horribly uncomfortable and they don’t have central air, nor does the heat work the way it’s supposed to. The water on campus is gross, it sometimes comes out of the faucet with dirt in it.

Chloe

As a young girl I was always around campus. Whether it was walking around in the 4-H Children's Gardens, getting ice cream from the dairy store, or supporting our football spartans, I had enjoyed every bit of it, and dreamed of attending when I got older. Now, my dream came true. I am now enrolled as a freshman majoring in Environmental Studies and Sustainability. I am in love with the campus, the culture, and the many opportunities that I'm presented with, oh and having the Target on Grand River doesn't hurt either.

Nate

Michigan State has provided me with amazing opportunities and friendships that will last a lifetime. The school spirit here is second to none. There is no feeling like waking up early on a brisk fall morning to get ready to go to a home football game. My overall experience has been great!

Dejah

I love my school. There are some problems that exists, but this is common for most places. One of the best things is the constant support you come across on Michigan States campus. There is always groups that are available to you. We form a union tied together by our love for green and white.

Joslyn

I enjoy going to Michigan State for many reasons. I am big into academics and sports which are both very big at MSU. They take their academics very seriously and let the students know that by having academic advisors readily available and the teachers having set office hours. Therefore I think MSU is a great school and does a great job welcoming its students.