Elizabeth City, NC
Mid-Atlantic Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mid-Atlantic Christian University

John

Over all it is a great to attend and learn at. My walk with God has been improved since I started school here. The teachers are great and they keep the classroom fun and not boring. Student life always has something going so there is never any time to be bored.

Carmen

Stay encouraged and remain focused on YOUR goals. Don't allow ANYONE to distract you or deter you from reaching your goals. Try not to overload or overwhelm yourself. It is okay to say NO!!! Don't be afraid to fail and take a chance. You would be amazed at what you can accomplish if you just keep the faith and step out and take that chance. You are a lot smarter and stronger then you think. Not everyone who gives you advice, has your best interest in mind. There will be some people out there (family and/or friends) that will love to see you not succeed. REMEMBER... you are doing this for YOU and no one else. Lastly, find yourself a good church home, stay in prayer and read your Bible daily. You won't find encouragment from anyone else except from yourself and God! Good luck Baby Girl...You will make it!!

Can't do it in one sentence, but I can in one word....AWESOME!!!!

Before attending this school, I wish I had known that it was such a close knit group of staff, students, and administrators. Having known this proir to attendance, I would'nt have been as nervous about moving away from home.

A person who is unwilling to seek a close relationship to Jesus Christ should not attend this faith-based school. Also, someone who is not motivated to do their work and turn it on time is not suitable for this institution.

Thus far as a college student, my experience has helped me learn responsibility, independence, and dedication to doing my best academically. Additionally, I have developed more effective study skills as well as meaningful friendships that will last a lifetime. It has been valuable to attend because upon graduation, I will be a registered nurse, as well as have a bachelors degree in Biblical Studies. Attendance has also brought pride to my parents as well as to my older brother, as I am the first to attend a University. Further, with my father being disabled and having had a life changing surgery which saved his life a few short years ago, I strive to succeed and make him proud in all I do. Attending this institution has made me a better, more successful and responsible young adult.

It is important to not head to college focusing on having fun all the time. It is a lot of work and can be over whelming at times. Take time for yourself and just relax. Try your hardest and know that that is truly what counts. Also, do not procrastnate because it really will kick you in the face in the end. I have spent far too many nights staying up until 4am working on papers due that morning. It only brings a lot of stress on you and you may not be able to get a good grade because of it. At the same time, know when to relax and just kick back with your friends. Build good relationships because they will last a long time and continue to encourage you throughout life. Time management is something that you need to start at the very beginning of your educational career. Enjoy and work hard!

One of the best things about Mid-Atlantic Christian University, (formerly known as Roanoke Bible College) is how well the professor work with the students. They truly do care about each one of their students and want to see them succeed. It is so easy to go up to any of your professors and ask them for help, if they see that you want help and our willing to work they will do all that they can to help you.

I would say that our school is most known for their emphasis on community service. The faculty encourage everyone to be involved. They want us to go out into the community and show people love. Show people God's love. they really do care about the world and the people in it. I have learned so much about loving and caring about each and every person since I have been there and have had been oppurtunities to put this into practice.

Clinton

Start practicing self-control. When you get to college there are so many opportunities to do fun and interesting activities, but there will be times when you need to put fun aside and be disciplined enough to do your work. Self-control and discipline are ESSENTIAL to having a successful college career.

I live off campus so I sometimes feel disconnected from the students that live on campus. Maybe the school can do more to fix this problem.

My classmates are energetic and most of the time they are willing to learn; however, sometimes it seems like they don't care.

sarah

I think the best thing about this school is the people. Proffessors and students alike. Everyone is always friendly and welcoming and a joy to be around. Also, another great thing about this school is the Christian atmosphere. It's great to be able to go to a Christian school and be free to talk about Jesus and worship Him without being afraid of what others will think or say or do.

I don't think anyone in particular shouldn't attend this school. However, if they are not Christians then it might be awakward for them and may lead to problems with people in the school, being around someone who's not a Christian.

If I could go back and give myself advice, I would have a lot to say. First off, I would say, make sure you know what you're standards are. If you don't have any it's going to be a stuggle to stay alive in college. Even if it's a Christian college you still need goals and standards. Establish these before you come so that when you get here you wont be tempted to back down and conform. Second, I would say to be prepared. You can't control what is going to happen but you can prepare yourself. Thirdly, I would say, keep your focus on God. He's the only one who can help you and get you through the tough times. . I have experianced this first hand and it's something I wish I could take back. Lastly, I would say, don't get innvolved with a boy. Friendships are fine but not relationships. they will only distract you and cause confussion and heartache. There is so much more that I could say but these are the four main things that I've learned and would want to warn others about.

BETTY

If I were to go back in time as a high school student, and knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition I would definitely put more time into my studies and take it more seriously especially the math. I believe that I would put more time into the math because it's just no getting around the math or the algebra, which is my challenge. It has been too long since I have been in school, I graduated from high school in 1971, two years later I got married and had our family of 5 children, and going back to school is not the same. If they had computers then I would have learned all I could about computers and software because there are a lot of papers to do and power-point projects as well. Knowing what I know now about college now , I would be more responsible with my finances realizing that college is expensive and to be able to even go to a University is a blessing as well as a priviledge that many do not get the oppotunity to be able to take advantage of, inwhich I am grateful.

It is a small school and it is close to home.

Preparing Missionaries to go out or the Country to do work.

Craig

I would tell myself to make sure that I kept a balance between a healthy social life and keeping up with schoolwork. This is a somewhat difficult transition when trying to get very good grades. While that is important, it is also vital for someone to create friendships while at college.

Before coming to this school, I wish I had known the importance of long-term friendship.

My fellow students are fun, encouraging, and helpful.

Chris

I would definitely tell myself to go out for more scholarships than I did. I'm not in debt as much as some, but I will have to pay off the few loans that I do have for a long time. My life now is nothing like I would have imagined in high school. I'm married now and own a home; in high school I thought that wouldn't happen for a long time. I would tell myself not to focus so much on trivial things and focus more on the long term goals. My school work should have come first, when often times it took a back seat to hanging out with friends. The simple message would be to stay focused; on my future, on my school work, and on my spiritual life.

A great school if you are seeking to go into any type of Christian ministry. It has a family atmosphere where the professors are willing to talk, hangout, or help at any time.

Donna

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior what would I say. I would tell myself to hang in there. The world is not as easy as it may seem. Put your education first and guys second. I know that you do not want to listen to your mother and grand mother, but what they are telling you is right. You are to young to be ready to live the life of an adult. Foucs on school and get them grades up so you can get into college and make yourself and your family proud. YOur family really do love you and they want nothing but the best for you and your life. Do not let that boy take you down the road he has already taken hisself. The reason I am telling you all this is because I love you and what you are doing now will effect us both in the future. So listen and take my advice. If you do not change now it will only end up hard for you in the future. I know I am already in your future.

Mid-Atlantic Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.