North Platte, NE
Mid-Plains Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mid-Plains Community College

Kobe

I am a high school student who takes online classes through MPCC. I have enjoyed my experience taking classes through the college. I feel as though I have learned a lot and also had a relatively easy time doing it. I have not, however, visited the campus so my review on their campus life is not accurate.

Erin

Mid-Plains Community College was a great place to start for me. Although we have faced some challenges with the Code of Conduct for certain students, I am sure they will do the right thing and set an example as to how students should be treated and show students that there is a zero tolerance for harassment.

Emma

It's okay but they run it like a high school. There isn't much to do and it is pretty boring. The teachers are good and so are the class sizes but there aren't very many clubs or groups to join. There are a lot of things that are only for the sports teams because just like the high school only the sports kids matter.

Loren

My overall opinion of Mid-Plains Community college is a very positive one. I love all the professors and teachers I've had; they're really there to make sure you're successful. Even if you aren't able to make their office hours, they go the extra mile to meeting with you when you can if you really need that help. Everyone, Faculty and Staff, are so warm and welcome- definitely making you feel at home.

Deborah

Academically this school is challenging but the instructors are willing to help along with free tutoring at the Student Success Center. There is a high percentage of athletes on campus so their is always a game to go to. When I was about to graduate and I was looking for scholarships to transfer to a four-year school I did not get much help finding any to apply for. I wish I would have receive more guidance in that area.

Mid-Plains Community College is a cost effective school that has excellent facilities, class, programs,and the sports are really good. The campus's are not very big so you feel safe wherever you are on campus. The college is very close with the community and they community is willing to do what they need to have students succeed.

Justin

The most popular groups at MPCC are the sports teams, predominantly the basketball and volleyball members. Teachers tend to favor them and it bothers me.

A majority of the students at my school are very kind and generous. However, some do not realize that they should go to a more difficult college regardless of money issues. I have a feeling they are not learning much but they do not want to change colleges because of financial problems.

Sierra

Mid-Plains Community College is a very small, and people-oriented school, where academics and personal achievements are emphasized and celebrated.

I would tell myself to buckle down and not let my school work get away from me. I would advise myself to choose a small school, such as MCC, before moving on to bigger places. My freshman year of college was really difficult. I was too far from my young sibling that I am extremely attached to. I didn't have a support system, and I really messed up my first year of college because of it. I would tell myself to get involved right away, as well- to build friendships. I would advise myself against taking economics because it is definitely not my forte. In all, I would tell myself to keep up my grades, and not get too down in the hard times.

If you're a big city person, don't try to attend MCC.

RyAnn

Our school is best known for our student/athlete program. Most of the on-campus students are also athletes. Which takes a big chunk of time out of our education and learning time. People know MPCC for the hardwork that not only the students but the student athletes put into their schoolwork. Each athlete is dedicated and that shows in our grades and transcripts.

Other schools I considered were a lot bigger and each 4 year schools. I wouldn't have had the one-on-one time as easily with professors as I did here at MPCC. It helped me improve my grades and get the absolute best help that I could. I knew people by name and the professors made an effort to learn mine as well. Professors spent their study time helping you. That is something very special about my school.

As a senior in high school I was always stressed about fitting in. Now I know that it's not about fitting in with everyone it's about finding yourself and who you are. College is about starting a new life from the one you had before. It gives you a feel of freedom and life outside of what you're used to. I know now that being scared is okay but, it shouldn't be everything you're feeling. Yes, college is scary, but college is also interesting, life changing, a new start, and something amazing. No matter where you are you won't be alone. Every other freshman at the college is in the same shoes as you. All of my friends now thought the same thing I did, they wouldn't make any friends. Now we are all so close and it took no time at all. College isn't as scary as it sounds, so before you stress yourself out, sit back, take a deep breath and remember that no matter what, everything will be ok. It was definitely worth the wait.

Andrew

basketball helping out the community

basketball helping out the community

TO study harder. Don't take the 1st school that offers you a scholarship.. Start out at a two year school first. Listen to the advice other people are giving you when it comes to choosing your college and what to do.

Anyone interested in a two year college or who would like to go onto a 4 year University

Mid-Plains Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.