Midland, TX
Midland College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Midland College

renee

Midland College is a diverse, intriguing school that can, and will, help direct you in the right path for whatever future goals and degrees you may want to acheive while attending college.

Dear Renee, i strongly suggest applying for scholarships and grants in the beginning of your senior year to get a head start on everybody else applying for the same things you are. Make sure you want to take the classes you have signed up for, or else you might just end up dropping them because no one is forcing you to go but yourself. Be responsible about going to class and keeping up with your work, because for the most part, many college classes only grade the tests. Make sure you have a job to keep up with the all the bills that come along with college as well because we know how expensive they can get now. Dont stress too hard over the little things, counselors and administrators are there to help you and will assist you in any way they can so go ahead and talk their heads off about any concerns you might have. And just remember to have fun! college is of course about furthering your education, but it is also about new experiences! it is supposed to be the best time of your life so keep that in mind and you will do Great things!

Well, since Midland College is a 2 year school, i wouldn't say that this school is directed toward any group of people particularly. I think this school is great for students just coming out of high school and are not sure what they want to do with their life just yet. Midland college can be a gateway school to many other 4 year colleges specific to your desires once you figure out what that is, after you have finished up your prerequisites.

Mary

As a general rule of thumb, highschool seniors are slackers. Maybe not in every aspect in life, but when it comes to school they are more focused on moving out and finding freedom, than being educated. I was a "general rule of thumb" senior slacker. I already knew where I would attend school, and only put up the effort to make the minimum GPA requirement. I was more focused on community involvment and social engagements than pursuing education. While I don't regret work I did in other aspects of my life, I wish I had paid more attention in school. If I could go back in time and speak to senior me, I would say," Finish strong. Put up the effort now as to prepare for what will come later. I realize now my education is very important, always. Whether you are in first grade or starting your career, you are always being taught. It is best to get into the habit of absorbing what information is available to you. Otherwise, you will wake up to find, not only are you ignorant, you do not have the skills to remedy the situation. " Hopefully I would listen.

I enjoy the options in the online courses. I work and go to school, this leaves very little flexibility in my schedule. An online course provides flexibility. Having the opportunity to take a few of my courses online makes my college experience a lot less stressful.

What I enjoy most about Midland College is the personal feel you encounter. My highschool was small and tight knit. No one was ever "just a number". I get the same vibe from MC. Midland College makes you feel like your goals are importanat to them and you are an individual and not just part of a headcount.

Geoffrey

Great community college with opportunities to receive a degree in association with several four-year colleges. Midland College has a friendly atmosphere emphasizing community involvement.

I would tell myself to take school more seriously. As a junior and senior, I became complacent and did not apply myself as I should have. College would have been much easier had I prepared myself for it. I would have planned my studies toward my college degree instead of just getting by and walking across the stage with a diploma. Maturity would have helped in making these decisions, but like so many other high school students, I suffered from "burn out." I grew up in a single parent home, and my mother was mentally and physically unable to be involved in my activities, so many of my decisions were left to me. I would have told myself I could not control the actions of others, only my own. I would have concentrated more on my own goals.

I brag most about the staff at MC. They are friendly, helpful and willing to listen. This may be typical of a small campus, but MC is exceptionally student-oriented.

Midland College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.