Minot, ND
Minot State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Minot State University

Madison

My overall opinion to Minot State University is that for a college in a smaller populated state such as North Dakota, Minot State has almost any opportunities both academically and in extracurricular activities. If a student needs help to revise a paper or assistance with a class, we have an excellent Writing Center and Tutoring Center. The class size to student ratio makes the education experience more intimate and easy to relate with the professor on a name basis. A selling point is the affordable tuition compared to the excellent education received at the university. Activities and club opportunities are held almost every week to get students engaged and moving around campus instead of being cooped up in the Residence Halls all day long after classes. I have become far more involved on campus because of the opportunities and happy I chose Minot State University!

Khemi

Good faculty staff, accessible Professors who are ready to support through out school stay, average no of students in class which is healthy because there is enough concentration and sound intellectual discuss. Sports life is so endearing. Am one of their female volleyball players! Am always encouraged as am able to blend both studies and sports together successfully. The school rocks!!

Disa

This school is great for just about anyone. The professors are amazing and so easy to get in contact with and get ahold of if you need to. The class sizes are small enough that you can get help on any problem you may have throughout your time here. There are many different kinds of activities To get involved with and people to get to know. Overall, amazing school!

Morgan

The University so far has been excellent. I just started and the year is just beginning so all of my reviews have been based off of what I have seen so far. My first impression of the University has been great. There has been a lot of things to do on campus, and I have had fun so far. I hope the rest of the year will be just as great.

Sharon

The staff, faculty and students at Minot State University feel like extended family instead of just a school. The curriculum and extracurricular opportunities rival those of larger colleges and universities. The history department is supportive of their students while challenging them to become responsible historians who will maintain history accurately.

Rohit

Small University. Small CS and Maths department. Needs more activities. Boring atmosphere. Awesome professors. Very less cultural or recreational events. Needs more growth in several departments.

Not too much to choose from. Teacher student ratio is a plus here.

Jesica

Instead of attending college for a year, and then joining the AF, just join the AF straight out of High School, then you will get the life experience, maturity and knowledge to do well afterwards and do college right!

The weather. North dakota weather makes getting around campus, however small it is, a nightmare. There is almost always ice ot slip on in the winter months and the wind chills can reach "life threatening" conditions according to weather officials. The sidewalk structure at the campus is poorly laid out and forces students unnecesarily out of their way.

This is the kind of school that someone that is not comfortable with crowds would be at home at. The campus and class sizes are small, but not so small that it feels unscholastic or wanting.

Tasha

I would tell my self to not be afraid of the classwork or the change. I was terrified that I wouldn't be smart enough to handle college work, and I was worried that the teachers wouldn't care about helping me. I have found that college is ten times better than high school. You are allowed to pick what you want to take, because of this it wasn't hard for me to keep my grades up. Also, school wasn't as hard as high school teachers made it out to be. As long as I stayed focused I was fine. The teachers are willing to help you. There are also alot of programs to help you as well. I would then inform myself about campus life. How it is like a small community. There are always people around you wanting to get to know you. College was definately the best decision I have made so far.

Jason

My school is the bomb-diggity-yum for the incredible professors that actually care about their students.

Take a year off and learn more about yourself. Save the money you earn that year and don't rely on student loans. Remember that classes will get tough, but if you persist and persevere, you will make it. Not every project will be fun, and not every assignment will make sense. Your GPA is important, though, so you must remain vigilant and stay on task. Turn in all your assignments on time and make sure you're reading up on all the subject matter. Stay active and keep up with friends and especially your peers. You cannot achieve your dreams alone, and nothing is more satisfying than sharing an achievement with someone who understands. You must stay active and keep your weight under control, but you have to do it smartly. Understand that your dreams are important, but so are other people. If you help people to achieve and enjoy their dreams, they will do the same for you, and there is no better feeling. And keep your GPA up.

The worst thing about my school is the rising costs for books and tuition that seems to afflict all students. Thankfully, MSU still seems to be much better than other schools, but it is the worst thing about my school.

Minot State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.