Valley City, ND
Valley City State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Valley City State University

Madison

It is a very amazing college, teachers and students are all super helpful and are always willing to do whatever it takes to help you succeed. No one is rude and everyone gets along quite well at VCSU. There's a variety of extracurricular activities to participate in and it's always super fun to go to sporting events.

Yariel

I believe that Valley City State University, or VCSU, is a small based institution who exemplifies its academics with its intelligent and caring professors. The small community is very college driven and supports everything that the college does. Small shops around the little town give student discounts and what student doesn't like cheaper things? The classes are small but very student driven. The activities to do around campus are plentiful and fun, including many social clubs and organizations. The food in the cafeteria is always hit and miss, but the residence halls and other campus buildings are beautiful and very functional. Overall, VCSU is a great little university that cares about its students and pushes them in the right directions in order for those students to become difference makers.

Tyler

I love coming here, everyone is nice, the professors will help you if you ask and they will know you by name. The facilities are great, the staff are always friendly, with a passing nod or a friendly chat with students. I am glad I am a student here.

Sadie

My opinion of Valley City State University is that VCSU is a second family. Between the faculty and students you cannon turn a corner without seeing a happy smiling face. VCSU really becomes like a family to most people. The professors at VCSU will take the time to help and assist students in any way that they can.

Caid

I love it here! I fit in well and am having fun. My professors make it easy for me to succeed. The class sizes are small but not too small. I love the feeling of community and the closeness of my football team. I can always find someone to hang out with. I feel comfortable here.

Paige

I would put more time into applying for scholarships. It's free money that is just waiting to be used for education. My goal is to not take out any student loans throughout my four-year degree. I want to apply/win as many scholarships as I can and graduate without any student loan debt. Debt just holds you back and keeps you from getting other loans in the future such as a car loan or house loan. I believe that society and the government have gone numb to the dangers of debt and they believe that it's okay to let it build up and pay it off for the rest of your life. I believe in being smart with your money and investing rather than spending way too much on education when I could've been using scholarship money.

I wish that I would've chose a better meal plan. There aren't very many options and you have to pick one. I got too many meals and not enough dining dollars so it feels like I'm wasting money for meals I don't use. Also apply for as many scholarships as you can get because it is free money.

brittany

Valley City State University is very social but focuses on the student and the student's education.

My classmates are fun, social, academically equal, and bring interesting ideas and learning environments to the classroom.

College is a good change in your life. It may seem hard at first, but in the end, it turns out to be really fun and brings a lot of knowledge into your life. The information you get here will help you in the future. You can make it, and you shouldn't feel worried about costs or even your ability to do it. All of your worries are wasted worries. Things turn out for the better once you take that first step.

Aaron

VCSU is an adaptive and technologically advanced university where a student should expect to work for and receive a quality higher education.

The main thing I have gotten out of my college experience is valuable life lessons. While what professors teach out of textbooks is very important to our professional life after school, the most valuable things I have learned are what they teach me when the book is closed. I have learned more in the past two and a half years of my life while sitting down and having personal conversations with my professors that I will apply to life after school than I learned from their lectures during the actual class periods. Without these lessons, there is a good possibility I would not be as focused on my future and would not have the tools to function as efficiently in the real world. College is a valuable experience that everyone should have the opportunity to experience and scholarships like these make it a lot easier for more kids to have those experiences.

This school has the adaptive capabilities so that any kind of person should attend this school. If someone is a hard worker and looking to get a quality education in a diverse environment, he or she should very seriously attend this school. I transferred from a school approximately 10 times bigger than Valley City State University and was afraid I wouldn't fit in here but the opposite was the case. I found out that I was able to find fit in faster here than I did at the other school.

Valley City State University offers a diverse campus with accessibility to technology in a world that will eventually require technological skills in the workplace. The ability to socialize with students from different areas of the world advances my perspectives in the classroom. The student-teacher ratio allows individual attention with professors and more opportunities to stay involved. The wide range of classes offered increases my skills in a vast amount of areas to better my knowledge for Graduate School and a career in Education.

Life as a college student has aspired me to value the meaning of friendship and the importance of leadership. Staying active in the community and staying informed on current events will enliven young adults to effectively communicate their ideas. Forming groups or clubs with people of the same motivations develop lasting bonds while expressing the voice of our generation. Members of a student-led club will learn how to polish and refine leadership skills. The experiences I have faced through being an active member of student organizations have taught me the importance of staying involved. The skills and tools used by our organization and in the classroom will prepare me for a future in Education. The ability to email my professor, organize folders of important documents, channel my creative thinking into a Word document, and to discuss World News topics by means of online discussion boards will prepare for a career in a technological advancing world. Debating controversial issues with other students inspires me to become more aware of the changes taking place in the world. Developing the knowledge of an intellectual allows students to become influential to change simply by educating ourselves on more than just reading and arithmetic.

Valley City State University is an accredited four year university that pride themselves on being a laptop campus. The centralized idea on distributing a Dell laptop to every student is the convenience and availability of premium software and communication tools. The official form of communication at VCSU is email and Cisco Unified Personal Communicator software that allows students and professors to communicate effectively.

Erin

My classes are small so everyone knows everyone; I like the small, home-town feel of my classmates.

My college experience is one that I will never forget. I have completed one semester of freshman year and I absolutely love school. The professors are more trusting and knowledgeable than what I’m used to and I can’t help but engage myself in their lessons. The work is definitely tougher, but that’s why I like it; I get to challenge myself and think about ideas in different and intriguing ways. Because of the new challenges I’m facing in college, I have gotten much more out of college than I expected. I now have more independence, I have learned time-management and know how to avoid procrastination, and I also can direct and control problems head-on instead of avoiding them or giving it off for someone else to handle. These lessons have been so valuable to me and will be to my future. These are the things that the professors can’t teach you, but you have to learn for yourself to really understand their importance. I’m going to carry what I learn in college with me for the rest of my life, whether it was taught in the classroom or from real life situations.

I try not to brag, but I do tell my friends that I like the campus and the people there are easy to talk to and get along with. You get one-on-one experience that you won't always get at the bigger colleges.

Valley City State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.