Minot, ND
Minot State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Minot State University

Wade
Tell us about your professors.

Tell us about your professors.

We have an excellent student-faculty ratio here at Minot State. They are really engaging in their classrooms proving really you are not just a student number at Minot State!

Describe the dorms.

Check out what it is like to live in one of our awesome dorms!

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

You not just a student number at Minot State!

Most work alot of the time and like to party.

Selecting a college is something to take seriously. If you are unsure in the begining, choose a school that has alot of major choices. make it a priority to visit the campuses you are considering to see how you like the environment, and talk to a financial aid counselor to help figure out what you can afford early on. Once you get to campus, get involved in an activity or within your major, such as with research in order to get to know people, this is especially important if you don't live on campus. Try not to get too stressed out, but be serious with your class work. Enjoy this time and explore!

Jack

It was a small school, cozy but professional.

It was a small school, cozy but professional.

Don't always go with the big name...it may only be a name.

Dedicated instructors. My instructors really helped me to understand what we were doing and I was well prepared to begin graduate school. There was a lot of one on one attention, and that was really conducive to learning.

Ryan

My classmates are very friendly for the most part.

My classmates are very friendly for the most part.

I would tell them to visit many schools and make sure it's the right shool. Try to talk to as many students as possible to see how they like the school and to talk to the faculty.

I like the small classes and the students are friendly.

Susan

Sometimes you just have to choose a college and try it out for a semester. It is easy to transfer and every college has a different feel to it. As long as it has the major you want to choose, give it a try.

I think the best part of the school is the student-teacher relationships. It is easy to talk to them about homework, classes, and our lives in general. They understand that we are busy out of school and in school. We have small classes at MSU so everyone knows everyone else on a personal level.

I think this school would be great for anyone interested in furthering their learning. The classes do take a lot of out of class time for homework, so if you don't have the extra time, right now might not be the right time for you to enroll.

Brooke

First of all, location is key. I chose to attend a university close to home, and I could not be happier with my choice to do so, however everyone has different thoughts on this issue. Many students choose to attend universities far from home and end up later regretting it, and many choose universities close to home and regret it. Choose a college where you feel comfortable with your surroundings, the facility, the professors. It may seem scary at first, but find these things out before making a decision. College is a major step in an individual's life, and it is crucial to know you are going somewhere you will feel accepted and where you believe you will do well socially, academically, and physically. Make sure to always expect study time because yes, it is college, but make sure to also make social time. College is all about learning how to balance time and energy. Study hard, enjoy meeting new people, go to class, attend on campus activities, keep your head high, do not let go of your dreams, and have fun! Just remember to keep your priorites set, and don't forget about that diploma awaiting you!

I brag that the class sizes are smaller, and there is more one on one between professors/students which is a major plus. I brag that the professors are there for the students, and they really want to help the students learn to the best of his or her ability. Everyone is friendly, it's a beautiful campus, and it's not too big where you know nobody and not too small where everyone knows everyone; it's the perfect size with a great atmosphere.

Sometimes it may at times seem like sports are everything, but that's an issue at any school. Academically speaking, there are really no frustrating aspects to comment on.

Minot State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.