Pottstown, PA
Montgomery County Community College-West Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Montgomery County Community College-West Campus

Caitlin

I am having an all-around good semester. It is my first year in college, and I am exited to see what the future holds! As of right now, I am majoring in Liberal Arts and Humanities. I am not exactly sure on where I plan to be after graduation, but I plan on receiving my associates degree in 2020!

Kyler

For a community college it is great. They have a variety of classes and different times so you can always find a class that fits your schedule. I think the professors are understanding and try their best to help you succeed. However, I don't think the advisors are that good. Every time I see a different advisor they give me a different schedule to take. I would recommend this community college though for your first two years to save money and get your general credits.

Henrique

Profs are easy to reach, and so is your advisor. But there is absolutely NO help from the financial aid office. They will not answer questions, and are reluctant to help in any way that requires some type of communication. The students are fun and classes are very small. The college is a great school, but do not expect help from financial aid (especially the higher ups).

Andrea

It seems like music and theater are very popular at both campuses. There are also a number of groups dedicated to community service type projects. I have seen study groups and support groups as well. From what I have observed, there is a group for anyone who is looking to join one.

The students at MCCC are a very diverse group. There are people of all ages, races and cultural backgrounds represented. It is truly a cross section of our community. What I love is that almost every single person I have met has been friendly and open. It makes for a very inviting and welcoming environment.

My favorite class so far has been English 101 with Mr. Lee. He is an amazing teacher who engaged every single student in the class. Everyone participated and learned. It was fun and one of the most educational classes I have had yet. The students all had a desire to learn in his class and he treated each student with respect. In general, class participation depends on the subject. As a student doing pre-requisites for the RN program, most of my science classes are very competitive and involve more listening than talking, except for in Lab. The Nursing program is extremely competitive and highly regarded. My professors have almost all been willing to take time outside of class if needed to provide extra help to students who need it.

caleb

I would advise my younger self to stay focused and to look at the end goal. I would say that there are many things that can be distracting but that in the end graduating with a degree is much more important. I would tell myself that there are many organizations willing to assist in helping pay for expensive college tuition and to not be discouraged when applying for colleges. I would tell my younger self that being an adult is no piece of cake and that having a well paying job is worth every late night studying.

I wish I would have known about the different types of scholarships available to non traditional students like myself. It's great to see that organizations assist in post secondary education for adults.

A person who knows exactly what degree he or she wants should not attend. It would be more appropriate to attend a 4 year university to get maximum education to prepare for the work force.

Kendra

It would be a dream to go back and talk to my younger self. I’ve grown a lot in the last year and there are so many things I could say. If only I had the car form Back to the Future or the TARDIS from Doctor Who; I would take my journals full of advice and experiences back to my younger self. I would try and make it so that I could avoid certain situations and make the best out of my last years of high school. I would tell myself that guys are not the world. I would say that I need to focus on my dreams and not allow a guy to control what I think and ruin my social life. I would also remind myself that I have a unique high school experience and that I need to make the best of it. I would tell myself to get involved, make friends, and spend as much time as I need simply having fun. Eventually, the real work has to begin. I would also give myself my journals. That way my past self could get immediate advice from me.

The worst thing has to be advising. You will fidn your way through friends and your own research. I feel that each advisor says somethign different and no one has a straight answer. They will also try to talk you into harder classes than yous hould take or classes that they think will be more practicle. Sometimes they treat you like you don't know what you're talkign about. I just don't like the advisors and many others have found their own way around scheduling classes without them.

This is a school for someone who isn't entirely sure about what they want to do. Whether they want to try many different kinds of classes or many different kinds of careers this is the place for them. It is also a place for someone who might not have the money to afford a four-year. This shcool gives a great education and has many trasfer opprotunities. It's a great way to get an Associates: I love it!

christopher

I would have to say that I enjoy Montco for numerous reasons. the cost is fractional compared to the other schools that are in my area. I am a firm believer in attending community college first. The teachers are great and it is very personal due to the class sizes. I find it better to get the attention I need in the classroom with a smaller setting rather than a class with say a hundred.

If I could go back in time to the year 2000, I would definitely tell myself to develop better study habits and be more assertive. I would also tell myself not to waste fifteen thousand dollars on computer school that would ultimately be useless. I would tell myself to cut to the chase and begin my career in human services and start to help troubled youths, because that is what I am destined to do. On the other hand, I would tell myself to not change a thing because all the poor choices and wasted career attempts made me who I am today.

Again, I would reccommend this school for everyone.

My school is unique because of the oppurtunities the school provides. My community college provides classes that will transfer to all state schools in Pennsylvania. I am planning to attend West Chester University next fall. Luckily, only two of my classes will not transfer to West Chester University. My community college is a great experience because it affordable and reliable.

If I knew what I know now, I would go back to my first day as a high school senior. I would tell myself to not worry about the price of college. I would tell myself, "Don't just go to a community college because you have no money". I would tell myself to be assertive, and determined. I would say, "Do your best and apply to West Chester University, the school of your dreams". "There is no difference in the transition from a high school senior to a community college freshman. You only get that college freshman feeling once. And I felt like I was just going back to 13th grade. Strive and dream, you can achieve anything." Now that I know what I know now, I'd go back and re-do is all over again. I wouldn't let money hold me back from my dream.

The worst thing about my school is the label it has. Most people believe that students who attend a community college is because they are lazy. That is not true. While other students who go to universities, party, and waste their parents money, I work hard at my community college. I do not come from money. I was told at a young age that my parents will not give my any money towards college. I am paying my own way, unlike most students. I know

caitlin

This is not the first time I've thought about this. My senior year of high school consisted of me doing a whole lot of nothing. I would give anything to go back to even my junior year and talk to myself. I would tell myself to stop slacking off and get really good grades. I have a 4.0 GPA my first year at college, and I always knew I was capable of getting good grades..it was just my attitude. I would make sure I changed my high school career around by getting all A's and B's, guarunteeing a scholarship to a bigger college.

The worst thing about my school is the size. As much as I enjoy being able to connect with my teachers on a smaller personal basis, I wish I was at a real college. I feel like I'm in highschool again walking through the halls at Montgomery Community College, yet I don't have enough money to go to a bigger college.

Adele

It's fairly affordable compared to many other schools out there which is definitely a plus, but what I like most about my school that makes it unique is that it is always trying to improve and do something new for the students to appreciate. My school will have an evaluation after every semester in order to make sure that everything that can be done, is being done. There is always something going on for the students benefit such as a workshop or gathering of some sort and they are always educational as well as fun!

Go to community college first, and figure out exactly what you want to do and where you want to go before going out and making any rash decisions. Consider all of your options and don't let anyone tell you that you can't go somewhere you want to go or do something that you want to do. Work extremely hard and don't let anything stand in the way of your goals. If money becomes an issue, there are always options out there such as scholarships or financial aid. Don't ever give up until you've achieved your goals.

The best thing about my school is actually something that my one professor mentioned that happens to be the reason why he loves teaching at our school. He found, and I definitely agree, that our school is full of ambitious students that want to get as much out of their classes as possible, mostly because when it comes to community colleges, the students are funding their own education and thus, more motivated to get their money's worth.

Montgomery County Community College-West Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.