Palos Hills, IL
Moraine Valley Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Moraine Valley Community College

Brent

If I could go back in time to talk to my high school senior self I would tell him. College is very different form high school it will be hard but it is also the most rewarding. During college you will find out who you are and what you are meeant to do. try everything sieze every oppertunity that comes your way and regret nothing. I would also tell myself to follow his dreams and he should become a counselor because I know he really enjoys helpng people and that for him is the best way to accoplish his particyular goal.

The best thing I consider about my school are the advisors. they will help you in whatever way they can. form making sure all of the graduation requirements are met to picking out classes to finishing college applications, the advisors will do whatever they can to make sure you suceed in whatever career path you choose

The kind of person who should not attend Moraine Valley Community Cpllege is someone who does not care about their college education. Whoever attend MVCC should have a goal in mind of what they want to accomplish wether it be a associate of arts or sciences or becoming certifed in a certian profession ie nursing message therapy or waht have you. students who don't care what they go into shouldn't attend MVCC. However if you are not sure of what to go into then MVCC will help you find the right career path for you.

Tim

A place were those who may not be able to afford to go away to school can get a quality education.

Your degree is what will get you in the door of a career, but it's the knowlege that you've gained from your classes and experiences that will keep you there.

Passionate teachers that are able to inspire their students to make something of their lives.

Sammy

The most unique thing about my school is the ethnic/racial diversity. There are people from all different kinds of ethnic backgrounds. Just to name a few of the races present at my school there are some of the following: White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, European, and Middle Eastern. The cultural mix up is a great way for people to learn about other races and cultures. It also offers a better education in the class room because you get multiple points of view, and can make things very interesting to say the least.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would have a lot of advice to give myself! I would tell myself that college is no joke, and that I should start practicing better study habits. I would tell myself to start applying for more scholarships because when you have to pay for school on your own it can be tough at times. I would say that I can't be lazy anymore and have to get use to trying my hardest on all homework assignments. I would also stress the fact that I need to begin reading more often so I can be ready for the tremendous amount of reading I will have to do in college. Those would probably be the most important pieces of advice that I would give myself if I could go back and talk to myself during my senior year. There are a lot of differences from high school to college, and I believe that I previously stated will help me make that transition more smoothly.

The most frustrating thing about my school is all of the people who hangout around the school as if they were in a lounge, or club! School is a place for getting your work done, and bettering yourself for future oppurtunities. My only focus in school is to get excellent grades by any means necessary. The majority of my school is filled with people like myself, but there are still a great deal of students who are always hanging out and goofing off in the library and disturbing others who are trying to get their work done!

Individuals who attend my college come from a myriad of different places, backgrounds, cultures, etc and are all eager to learn and experience new things.

As much as I love Moraine Valley, I would have advised myself to apply to a 4-year university, rather than attend a community college. While there are many oppurtunities and experiences I can have at Moraine, I believe it is still holding me back. I am limited in classes I can take that pertain to my major and am not experiencing the full campus-life experience. While Moraine was a good choice financially I still would have attempted to convince my younger self to try harder in the last few months of high school and apply to higher up universities. But, had I been unsuccessful with that, I would have merely said to arrive to school early the first couple of days for parking and to meet as many people as possible. It's not much to advise, but it's two very important things I wish I had known upon entering the school for the first time.

I brag primarily about the classes. The teachers are pretty laid back and the cirriculum is challenging yet easy at the same time. A majority of my teachers don't require students to turn in homework, which is pretty cool considering that I have zero time to do homework due to work and other activities. Though while they are lax about homework, they are strict on tests and projects. How well we do there determines our status and grade in the class.

Widad

Moraine Valley is best known for its diversity. My school does not just limit itself to one race and ethnicity so the beauty of it is that you can expect a variety of well-rounded students hailing from a myrad of diverse backgrounds.

One of the first things that I would tell myself is to always listen to my parents. As I was growing up, I learned that my parents know best so when they want me to have a higher learning of education then I should go with that advice. I started off getting my certificate instead and when I finished it, I realized I wasn't too satisfied with it so I am now going for my bachelor?s degree. If I had listened to my parents to begin with, I wouldn't have wasted 1.5 years. Another piece of advice I would tell myself is to have taken my AP classes more seriously so that I can use it for college credits. College is such a different environment than high school so I should tell myself to be really prepared but at the same time know that it?s an eye-opening experience that one should have because education is very important to have in your life.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is one who lacks determination and drive. Moraine Valley is all about meeting the student's academic needs and pushing them towards bigger and better things. A person needs to make sure they actually want to learn, otherwise Moraine Valley is not the school for them.

Marco

The advice I would give myself as a college senior is to not worry so much about college. The problems always have solutions, the answers are there...just have to go looking for them.

MVCC is a community college focused on the individual students and their progress. The school displays a dynamic array of ethnicities and is an over all lucrative experience for a high school graduate. The best thing about Moraine Valley, I would have to say would be the wide range of students it has. It's good to branch out and meet new people with similar goals.

A person who is uncertain of what they want to do with their future. Also someone who does not have a lot of income to spend on a four year university. It's a welcoming place.

yousef

my classmates were helpfull, yet only cared about themselves.

my classmates were helpfull, yet only cared about themselves.

My school is best known for its two year programs.

The advice i would give is even though you are a senior, you cant really take school lightly because the process only gets harder, therefore focus on your future, and also let the fun part of life play its role, however do not let it overtake you and lead you to failure, thus let it lead you to great amounts of success. Also even though a senior in highschool, allow your self for a great challenge in the classes you take because that will help you greatly when goin into college.

Nina

My classmates are diverse, opionionated, and highly intelligent.

My classmates are diverse, opionionated, and highly intelligent.

Moraine Valley Community College is a very diverse school. It offers many different certificates and offers students different choice for Corporate America. Moraine is a very well known community college. The staff is very helpful on campus and the school offers us many different resources. It is a great choice for high school graduates to first start college off at. I am very happy with my decision to begin college here.

When I was in high school the counselors did a horrible job of introducing college. If I could go back in time I would of made more of an effort to ask questions about the different colleges and universities and I would of also went and visited the schools. I would have visited so that I was able to talk to students already in college to see what the tansition was like and how they adjusted to it. The advice I would give myself is ask questions and explore every option.

Kane

No matter what subject or educational level you're are enrolled in, your classmates will be diverse in all aspects: race, ethnicity, and of course their disire to learn.

I've always been an academically minded student and I rarely got anything but straight A's, so I would probably do a fair share of self congragulatory praise if I could go back. But I would tell myself that choosing Moraine Valley as my college of choice is a very sound decision; it's very cheap and you get the same general education you would get anywhere else. Actually, it's a fantastic school; the teachers are well learned and mostly knowledgeable about what they teach and there's no end to the amount of people you can meet there. I would probably remind myself to put more effort into studying rather than the last minute cramming I became accustomed to in high school.

If you're the kind of person who wants to get out and explore the world, Moraine Valley isn't really the place to go. It's a commuter school; so there aren't dorms and you have to live relatively close. Location, then, would be the most frustrating part. Oh, and parking.

Diverse, studious yet lazy at the same time

Diverse, studious yet lazy at the same time

Do you're best. It's not a joke and everything you do now and everything you do affects everything when transferring schools and scholarships!!! Even tho its a community college, its sometimes all you got! Work with your best and make the best with what you got!!

Transfer Credits and the counselors know nothing.

Moraine Valley Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.