Morrisville, NY
Morrisville State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morrisville State College

adrian

I would advice myself to make up your mind about what career you want to pursue. It is very important to make a firm decision about what career you want to pursue and not spend more than a year just taking classes. Talk to an advisor, be advised about the wonderful careers that the school has to offer. Be involved, join clubs and actively participate promoting school pride and public awereness. Study, study, study hard. Enjoy all subjects, although some might be harder than others to you, all courses are important. What you learn in one course will help understand another course with a different professor. Learn and not memorize, memorizing information always come back at the end of the semester and bites you hard. The last word of advise would be to enjoy your time while learning. Sometimes you might not understand a subject, just ask and network with other students. Chances are that other students feel the same way you feel. Enjoy!

Our school faculty is the best. Just today I went in to ask questions about the MBA program and the advisor did everything for me. I thought it was going to be hard, but I was wrong. It was very easy. It is not the only great experience I have with faculty and staff.

A person who party's a lot. The student who lacks personal motivation and thinks he/she can pass with a C.

shelby

My classmates are there to learn and get what they paid for.

My classmates are there to learn and get what they paid for.

If i could go back in time, I would tell myself as a high school senior that college is a positive experience that should be encouraging. College is a large stepping stone to bigger and better things that revolve around your best interests. Even if your career choice hasn't been decided, it is much easier to switch from a general studies program to the program you want rather than applying for college when you have finally decided.

A person who is attentive and takes advantage of the opprotunities as well as a genuine interest in agriculture, animals or automotive.

Ryan

Hard working job driven individuals.

Hard working job driven individuals.

I would tell myself to take more college credited classes while i was in high school. I would also tell myself that high school is not the real world and that it does not matter how many friends i have or how popular i am. I encourage myself to study harder and apply myself more towards my studies, education is not free forever. I would want myself to know that even if people do not see me as their friend they may see me as a classmate and that is good enough. I would like to tell myself not to worry about what i am going to do for the next thirty years rather what am i going to do tonight for dinner. In the end i would like to tell myself that if i work hard and study harder nothing is impossible.

The ratio of professors to students is nice and high.

Cody

Morrisville State College has a very culturally diverse student population.

Morrisville State College has a very culturally diverse student population.

Morrisville State College is nationally known for its equine programs.

Go into college with an open mind. Be willing to try new things and to not like some of them. Don't segregate yourself from the outside world. You will meet many different students and teachers and must keep an open mind.

Abigail

So far what I gotten out of my college experience is a new insight on things. I learn to question things and critically think...

The best thing about my school is that it is technology advanced from computers to vending machines that sells products for your every need. Also, the student activities club is a great organization. Every week students come up with events to keep the thrill going on campus. Activities anywhere from parties, free massages, movie night, and sport activities.

There isnt much negative things about this school except the unavailablity of certain majors and the rural area.

Nychika

what I think is differnet about my school is that I'm not just another number here. I am known as a human being and my name. another good thing about my school is that it has the fastest enternet service compared to other schools.

I would tell myself to not be afriad to speak up in class and if you don't understand something, at the end of the class ask the teacher to explain the work to you. The most important thing of all make your self adapt to waking up for 8 o clock classes early so you won't have any trouble getting up in the morning. Be more out going by joining different clubs and making new friends. Make the library your friend, go there more often because thats where the tutoring sessions are held. I know it's going to be hard but motivate yourself to push through the work and your hard work will pay off with a 3.02. Plus there will always be a party so most of the time it's better to miss a coulpe of parties than to miss a couple of homework assingments. Also, life isn't always hard so have some fun and live your life because each day you will learn how to be more independent. One more thing when your traveling back and forth from home to school try to pack light to avoid your father yelling at you.

A person that ready to learn and that is motivated to get through the hard word. you have to be a person that is not afraid to go after what you want dealing with Morrisville. The teachers here will show you the tools you need to pass your classes but you have to be the one to go after them. You can't be a lazy person because if you miss more than one day of classes you get left behind, And you have to be open minded. Morrisville has so many cultures and clubs to get into.

My school is the true college experience

My school is the true college experience

All the diffrent people from a walks of life coming together and living together

Don't take your education so lightly cuz life is short and it moves fast. before you know it you'll find your self like me trying to get back into school and do the right thing. Money will always be there to don't worry bout the little money you get now think about the Millions you can make when you finish school. Don't doubt your self you can do all things threw christ

Kimberly

I would tell myself that though the transition will be difficult at first, you will get through it and though you don't always physically have someone right there to talk to, you have people there for you. I would also tell myself to look on the positive side of everything, trials and tribulations are going to test you, and make you stronger. You will find some of your best friends when you least expect it, they will become as close as family to you if you let them, don't push people away in fear, and don't be so stubborn about getting help when you need it, you're not a burden to your friends, and you are a student athlete and a leader.

Nobody has any pride for this school, people settle for the fact that this is a small school. Some students feel that they need to consume alcohol to have a good time. Since alcohol consumption is not allowed on this campus, numerous students have found themselves in trouble in residence halls.

I brag about all of the new and exciting people that I have met and become great friends with. The time spent in the classroom and on the playing fields is also bragged about, not necessarily for the success of the teams, but because of the memories and friendships that are made.

Jamie

My classmates are very open and understanding students and they are very helpful.

There are many things that high school seniors stress out about their senior year in trying to prepare themselves for college. Now that I have already passed through that phase and I look back there are many things that I could have done differently. The biggest piece of advice that I can give now does not have to do with financial aid or picking the perfect school, it's about keeping the connections with the people closest to you, while leaping into a major expierence in your life. When people go off to college their old friendships dwindle. You always hear about how they'd wished they would have kept in touch with certain people. When I left for college I didn't get to say goodbye to my best friend and I hardly talked to her the first few months of school. Now that my first semester of school is done I look back and wish that i would have stayed in better touch with her and that we would have talked more. So my one piece of advice would be to not let your friends slide to the side when you go off to college.

i consider the best thing about my school is the size and location of it. It is a very small school in a rural setting. When I was searching for the perfect school for me this one was on the top of my list just because it is out in the middle of nowhere.

LaKisha

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior, I would tell myself to apply for every college possible! At that time I was so concerned with "big name" colleges and universities that I was not thinking about something that could have possibly changed my life. I would have told myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. I would have said that I needed to visit the schools to get a better understanding of what college required of me. I wish I knew then what I know now.

Morrisville State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.