Los Angeles, CA
Mount Saint Mary's University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Saint Mary's University

serrina

I once heard a song by Trace Adkins where he spoke of his young daughter who stressed employment, marriage and children. As a father, he warned her to slow down and enjoy life. "You're going to miss this," were his exact words. I am now twenty, engaged, working two jobs and efforting to get through college. If I was given the opportunity to talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself those exact words Trace Adkins told his daughter. I would imform myself of the reality of being an adult: bills, college, marriage and kids. Life is fun when one is settled, but in order to suppot a family, they must have a job, and to obtain a decent job, one must have some sort of degree. When a senior, I had a four hour school day and an eight hour work day. If I could go back and talk to me, I would force myself to focus on the later, college, and not just the now, money. I would demand myself to take necessary, free classes that I now pay to take. So yes, I do miss hig school life, but I also learned a ton.

Taneshia

Advice i would give to myself would advise myself to study harder. To not take high school for granted and establish good study habits then. Do not worry about going out with your friends or trying out for all the clubs. College has plenty of time for you to join clubs. Advise myself to establish time management and also prioritizing things better. I would also advise myself to to choose a college that is more financially reasonable for my family then to choose the dream college because money does pose a problem. Overall i woudl tell myself to work hard and focus.

I feel that the worse thing at this school is that the gender ratio is not equal. It is a majority female schools and a few males. Sometimes it gets overwhelming with a school filled with the same gender. It would be nice to have more variety but my school is more known as a women's college.

ebenezer

Choose wisely, do not feel forced to accept

A person who cannot stand a single gener enviornment, and lack of social activities and school pride.

Madis

Mount St. Mary's College is a good school because of the intimate size of the classes, but it is way too expensive, and one could get more value at a college that is not private.

Do not make hasty decisions due to lack of time management. If you think any college will do, that is wrong, you have to enjoy this time in your life and it is definitely worth doing your research. If possible, contac students that currently attend the college(s) you are interested in so they can give you an accurate description of what it is like to be a student there.

The school is too expensive, there is a lack of student involvement in most events, and it does not have that "college" feel to it like UCLA or Cal State for example.

Briana

The advice I would give myself is to enjoy senior year in high school as much as I can. My senior year I never attended school dances, events, or joined clubs. Now I wish I had so that would be another advice to myself, to get involved in school as much as I can. Another advice would be to pay attention in my AP classes so I can pass the AP tests. Having to take some of the classes again in college is not good because it's only making me fall behind. The summer after senior year it's going to be a busy and hard summer. Realizing how hard it was to get the money to pay for tuition since fafsa didn't cover everything was hard. I would tell myself to limit how much money I spent my senior year and not buy stuff that isn't neccesary. The last advice I would give myself is to not slack of the last semester of high school. I would tell myself to keep my grades to be A's instead of B's because it will increase my chances of winning scholarships.

I wish I had known that they had no soccer team/ intramural sports.

I tell them that it is a private school and that class sizes won't be as big as their classes will be.

Lesby

Well rounded women whom are able to share life experiences and are willing to help on another in an situation that we are put in. Attending an all girls school has been a ompletely different experience for me. I went from attending a public school to a private which is a different transition. The women at my school are very supportive and humbled. There is always someone who is willing to accept you for who you are and not judge your appearance.

Finishing high school was one accomplishment but getting into great schools was another. Before going starting college i should have warn myself that money was definetly going to be a problem. I really didnt know that my first year in college was going to be so much responsibilty. In college your on your own and professors are not always going to be letting you know when cetain assignments are due like they did in high school. I would absolutely advice myself that college has a lot of expenses and you have to be your own agenda to be reminding you when certan things are due. Going to college can be an awesome feeling yet hard at times. Things dont come easy when you live in a house hold with a single mother trying to help you pay tution. I also wouldve advice myself that financial needs are always going to come in the way of school.

I truly believe that my school is perfect for me. As far as i know there hasnt been any reason for me to consider my school to have bad/ worse things about it. My freshman year in school was awesome not only because the professor were always there for me but because my school is gathered as a community is suppose to. As classmates we try to make a difference in each others lives. The best part about my school is that its small nd everyone knows everyone. There isnt a day when one can feel isolated.

As a high school senior I would have motivated myself to work on my time management and procrastination. In high school students can get away with turning in assignments late or studying the night before for an exam but in college that is not the case. I would tell my high school self to start preparing earlier and get on top of my school work. My high school was a college prep school so I feel like I was well prepared with everything else going into college.

The best thing about my school is the size. Because there is such a small population of students the ratio to students is amazing. There is always extra help that is offered to help the student succeed.

If you are a student that is looking to attend a college that has over a fifty students to a class and are planning on skipping class every other day becaue you think the teacher will not notice do not attend Mount St. Mary's. Here the professors are not strict because they want to be, they are strict because they want their students to do the best they can and get the highest grades possible.

Bianca

Bianca, when you are in college I suggest that you put your hard hat on because you will not be reminded to do assignments, you will have alot more responsibility. Also never fall behind in readings it is dangerous. Know that meeting with teachers and creating individual relationships with them is beyond important. It is also important to have good manners in class and be incredibly polite to those supplying you with an education.

I wish prior to enrolling at Mount Saint Mary's College that I would not have an outside social life with any of the students. Luckily I am from LA so I was able to still socialize but in terms of the girls I did not feel they wanted to associate, everyone was very focused on school. I also wish that I knew that I would struggle to find several classes that are not offered every year. This would cause me to push back my graduation date.

Definitelt what I was speaking of prior the amount of classes. They do not create enough sections within some Majors. There is such a strong emphasis on nursing other majors do not get as much opportunity.

Hellen

My classmates are determined and are really hard workers. Being a small school and having small classes we are motivated to further our education since tuition is expensive and have made sacrifices to attend MSMC. We consider one another like family and are always helping and supporting one another. Since we have a variety of different backgrounds and race we all have different ideas and opinion but what is important is that we all respect each other. All my classmates are really friendly and it makes it better learning with a room full of positive people.

The Mount has a great amount to offer to any student. If you want a good education, then MSMC is the place. You receive a good education that will apply to any major of your choice. The Mount produces successful and great adults who can enter the work force with knowledge, experience, and social skills. If you don’t want to be seen as a number at the Mount you have the opportunity to know your professor in a more personal level. If you like to get involved there are several clubs to can be apart of.

Sabrina

The best advice I could give would be to ASK MORE QUESTIONS!! I made the process of applying and transitioning to college much more difficult and stressful than it needed to be because I was too stubborn to ask questions. I had to deal with late clearance fees; fear that I would not be able to start school because my tuition was not fully paid; and frustration that I did not have a work study job because I never asked about the process. Now, I am proactive about asking questions before something awful happens. I realize how much easier it is just to ask someone. Here's why: I can usually get an answer a lot quicker; I often gain other important information, which I can ask more questions about; and lastly, I am building relationships with those around me.

I wish I knew that certain courses are only offered every other semester, or every other year. I wish I knew more about studying abroad.

Worst thing about Chalon is that it is on a hill, away from everything. The other thing is that there are apparent cliques, but those can be easily diminished. Also, the administration likes to give students the run around, don't let them. Another thing is the lack of activities going on.

Mount Saint Mary's University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.