Bangor, ME
New England School of Communications

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend New England School of Communications

Alex

The New England School of Communication has merged with Husson University to produce a school of excellent quality with a wide range of courses between business and nursing with Husson and Audio and Video with NESCOM. This allows for student to enjoy the full range of benefits offered by Husson University while also learning from the brightest minds in their skill at NESCOM. There are many benefits from this merger, but it also inherently absorbs all of the problems of Husson University. these include ghetto dorms and a standardization of education that is hit and miss. However, aside from the Husson merger, NESCOM is a superb school filled to the brim with active professionals with years of experience under their belts. Almost every class you take (except Computer Apps cough cough) is completely relevant and interesting, allowing you to dive directly into your field of study. Personally I enjoyed the fact that there was near immediate hands on learning, working with the consoles to familiarize yourselves with the basic concepts to be latter expanded upon. This is by far it's selling point, at least with me, as with other schools you might be lectured for 2 years and then touch the consoles in the later stages, and personally information not executed disappears. Overall, it is a great community of people that have years of experience in their fields that will help you with any trouble you have if you seek them out. A great school and perhaps the best in all of New England for anything even remotely related to audio or video.

Linda

Nescom is up beat and hip, it has a great mix of professional but the school is small enough so everyone is part of one big family.

Listen up! College is a big change from your life at home! You will pick a degree and shcool that no one in your family supports you for doing. The one person is your mother, even though you two don't get along now, be nice to her. She's the one who helps you with your funding. But your two sisters and father do nothing but put it down and say you're making a huge mistake. But don't listen to them! Don't let them get inside your head, follow your heart and what you love to do and the rest will fall into place. At the same time, be realistic about life after college and focus on your future and paying back your loans! Good luck and don't let mean family members get you down!

The fear of not having the money to return each fall. And the amount of loans I have accumulated. Why? It's terrifying.

Katrina

You will be fine when you finally figure out what you want to do(mainly HIT). It'll be a hard road and you will have to deal with some bad things before you get to school, but all of it was worth getting yourself pumped up to go to college. College will be hard, too, but you will have awesome instructors who will help you learn everything and you will push yourself to make the best grades and attendance to get into some extraciricular activities at the school. You will love when you get into the college cause you will meet wonderful students and the staff at the school will be easy to get along with. The campus isn't big so you will be able to move around quite easily and you will only deal with one class per day, but you will learn more than you could ever imagine. The family will be so happy and impressed about you keeping wonderful grades and your knowledge, so it is definately worth it when you finally get to go up to mom, dad, or anyone to show them your grades with your head held high.

Heather

I was a High School dropout for reasons unknown. However, I wasn't the ideal dropout. I was an honor roll student when I was told by the state of Maine I couldn’t graduate for missing too many days. My teachers and principal all enjoyed me as a student but I could not stand being in class and I didn’t know why. Two years after I left high school, I pursued my G.E.D and a trade at Northlands Job Corps Center in Vergennes, Vermont. It was here that I attained the reason for my failure with high school. I obtained my G.E.D with relatively high scores, and completed a six month trade in two weeks. I identified that I was an accelerated learner. I was getting bored in the high school classroom from repeating the work already accomplished. It made me feel confined and not challenged enough to want to stay in class. What I would tell myself in high school is to "Keep challenging yourself. Ask the teachers for more work and let them know that you are not being stimulated enough to keep your focus. Most importantly get your High School Diploma!”

The kind of person who should attend New England School of Communications is someone who is ready to take charge of their own life and is serious about starting a career in the communications field. NESCOM has so much to offer it's students in a wide range of variety. Students are able to colloborate this variety into a mix of what their needs are. Whether your into making music, being on tv, being live on the radio, writing an article or the selling/marketing of the product, NESCOM has it all!

Right now New England School of Communications and Husson University are in the plans of a complete merge. Husson University will essentially offer the New England School of Communications Degree. This has student's worried that NESCOM may lose some of it's richness in the program itself. The Quality of the education that is provided at NESCOM currently is held very valuable and high. Students are concerned that the Husson merge will lesson the quality of education that NESCOM students are currently recieving.

Victoria

During my senior year, I realized that the kids I had considered my closest friends for 7 years—or the brainiacs—were incredibly judgmental. They were constantly making assumptions about other student’s personality traits and lifestyle based upon what they looked like and who they talked to. If you attended Parsippany Hills High School, the top 10% of the class knew who you were, knew your business, and they felt superior to you because they were more intelligent. I realized in my last year of high school that while these people may have been my companions in the past, it was now time to move on. They gossiped about my life on top of everyone else’s as I sat in my honors classes alone and ostracized. Looking back on days where I felt rejected, I would tell myself that in college this experience will make you extremely resilient. You will become a confident, strong young woman, unafraid of being her true self and losing friends is ok if it means being happier personally in the end. You can not live for others, you must live for yourself because you are the only thing you have 100% control over.

The NESCom students are usually enthusiastic about their classes and all of them are excited to be here.

NESCom is best known for being a school of nerds and geeks, but all of the students are completely okay with that.

I have always had a type A personality, so the advice I would give my former self would be "Don't freak out. College is important, but it's not scary. You're going to make friends easily, and the classwork won't take over your life. You'll have time to relax, and time to work, and time to waste making questionable decisions. You will not go through college perfectly, you will not always succeed, but you will also regret not going. You know you will never be satisfied until you have tried your hardest; Don't bother worrying that you will not be good enough. College is not a competition, it is an experience. You must take advantage of this experience. You will never be eighteen again, and it would be criminal to ruin this brief time of your life with anxiety over whether or not you will fit in at school. Trust me, you will; You will be immesuarabley proud of yourself as long as you take the time to enjoy college while you can."

Annette

Everyone is great. They're fun to be around. It's really easy to get along with everyone. There's always someone to hang out with. And always someone to lend a helping hand.

I would tell myself that college is a great experience. It's okay to be nervouse, because it's something you've never experienced before. You will be fine though. You will really learn to adjust being on your own. The teachers care about your education just as much as you do, but there's only so much they can do, so it's important to give your all no matter what. Your primary reason for being there is to better yourself and your future, but it's okay to have fun doing it. Don't get too stressed out. College will also make you broke. So, work anytime you can, without getting behind in school and save every penny. Apply for as many grants and scholarships as possible. It might seem hopeless, but keep at it. No matter what your college life brings you, make sure you look at the long term results. Don't think too much in the moment, because that could hurt you. Think before you act, be a good person, and the fun and rewards will follow along with you.

A christian who wants to further theirr education and grow closer to God while doing it.

Michaela

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would just tell myself not to worry. During my senior year, I worried about any possible thing that could go wrong when starting college: Would I make friends? Would I like my classes? Would I be able to get good grades? I spent all of my time worrying. So if I could back in time, I would tell myself that everything would go smoothly when I start college and that I had nothing to worry about.

The thing that I consider the worst at my school is the dining accomodations. I have Celiac disease which means I am not able to eat foods containing gluten. I find it hard to eat most of the meals that are prepared by the school because they often use ingredients that I am not able to eat so I don't get the best meals that I can and I find myself not eating healthy portions as it is difficult to do so.

Any person who is not willing to do hands-on work should not attend this school. NESCom is a school of communications, and the students are actually made to do things that they will do in their futur career rather than simply studying the topics out of books.

Ethan

Hello high-school-Ethan, this is you, writing from the future, and I’ve got some things to tell you about college. Firstly, ask for a new room freshman year, yours has bed bugs. Secondly, CALM DOWN. I know you’re horrified about the idea of leaving to go to college, of leaving behind home and comfort, family and childhood, of making new friends and tackling new challenges like “LAUNDRY”. But I’m encouraging you to (try to) forget all that for a second and focus on something: making the best of it. Here’s something you may not have noticed in high school, things go by fast and what seemed liked ample time to mess around quickly turns into what-happened-to-that-year-and-what-did-I-get-done. I’ll tell you, the feeling of a lost opportunity is a deeper sting than the failure of an attempt. So take a risk, be emabarassing, don’t waste time thinking your passions are a waste of time. You will make friends, you will be able to handle your school work, you will adapt as always. You’re going to be fine.

The awesome friends I have made and the AMAZING equipment I get to use.

What I wanted to do with my life and that this school is not artsy at all.

Linda

The single most greatest thing that has ever happened to me.

The single most greatest thing that has ever happened to me.

Try harder. GPA is everything. Put your heart into everything you love...even if you just 'like' it. And everything works out. If you want it, you'll find a way to make it happen.

Someone who is artistic, outgoing, and technology savvy.

New England School of Communications administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.