North Iowa Area Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Iowa Area Community College

Sydney

NIACC is a terrific community college. The class sizes are small. The tuition is very affordable. Nice campus. You get to know the professors and other students. NIACC is a great place to start your college education. You won't go broke the first two years of college and also get to mature before moving on to perhaps a big university.

Miriam

I really enjoy attending NIACC. It was easy to meet and work with a guidance counselor, and I feel relieved knowing that I am taking the right classes to get me a degree in early childhood education. I have a handicap, so I find it a smooth transition to commute from home to college every day. All the professors are very professional, helpful, and accepting when it comes to understanding and aiding me through disability services. Overall, NIACC is a wonderful college to start out with. I will definitely recommend attending school here to my younger siblings and friends!

Kathryn

North Iowa Area Community College is a great place to get started on your college adventure. It's not too big but there are still things to do and people to meet. The awesome thing about being in a small school is that you get to know everyone really well, including your professors. NIACC professors are super awesome and are always willing to help you succeed.

Brittney

North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC, as it is commonly referred to), has a great academic reputation, number 14 in the nation for community colleges in fact! They also have wonderful and knowledgeable instructors for the most part. The only down-side really that matters though, is that the other employees, such as those in administration, are very unfriendly and sometimes even belittling. It's truly a shame to have a counselor / adviser who honestly doesn't want to be there, and who gets irritated when asked for advice, while openly complaining. However; if a student is willing to learn, and make the most of their time at NIACC, it is a wonderful and affordable stepping-stone in the path to a higher education, and I truly am happy to have spent my first two years of college there.

Marandah

My overall opinion of NIACC is that it's a very safe community to live near. My fellow classmates and professors and other staff are very polite to one another. Help is always offered to those who need it. It's a great place to start out before going to a 4 year college.

Pieer

It’s not bad but there is better

Alannah

North Iowa Area Community College has been good to me in the aspect of working with me when life situations got in the way. They not only worked with me when I had to drop out of classes but they have given me a second chance which I am very grateful for!

Emma

In my opinion for being a community college North Iowa Community College is a good place to be. It is far enough out of town that we have space to do what we want but be able to go to school. The price is better than going to a private or state college and compared to other community colleges I feel safe.

Briana

I love NIACC! There is no other college I would prefer to attend! It's completely worth the hour drive every day! I love all my instructors! They are very committed to helping each and every student no matter what the have to do. Even if it means taking time out of school to help a student.