Seattle, WA
North Seattle College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Seattle College

Aron

"Dear High School Senior Aron, Before you toss this aside, as you have so many other pearls of wisdom, and decide to continue learning the hard way, take a moment to ponder this letter. Though you may see yourself wise beyond your years never forget that reality holds no regard for your so-called wisdom. There is no more humbling an experience than realizing your own lack of wisdom, especially when others are there to share in said experience. Be patient and be attentive. As much as you may hate to hear this, education will most assuredly open more opportunities than you could imagine. Commit to this now. Being frugal doesn't mean your cheap. Being impulsive is exciting, but think before you act. Trust in people. Invest in yourself. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Learn from every experience. Be confident while at the same time possessing humility. Take these invaluable words of guidance and practice them each day. Trust me, you'll thank me later. Now, I've got to get back to my time machine Delorean before I miss the lightning strike. -Your Elder Self P.S. Avoid business men named Madoff"

I wish I would have known about the quality of education provided at North Seattle Community College. I would have started much earlier than I did. Of course, just about every school believes in their level of education, but having been in the working world prior to attending NSCC, I already see the benefits of my education. I feel like I will be very prepared to attend any four year university as though I had attended a four year university from the start.

In my time at North Seattle Community College I have noticed a very diverse student body. People from all walks of life with very different goals in mind come together and make it a rather enjoyable experience. In my opinion, anyone who wanted to attend this school and sneak out without engaging others or being engaged by others, socially or academically, may have a difficult time. There really is no kind of person that couldn't thrive and North Seattle Community. NSCC staff and students create an environment that is ideal for learning.

It is a highly diverse school in terms of age and ethnicity. It also has a large selection of primarily as well as partially online classes, which is an advantage for those trying to fit school in with work and family life.

Dear Megan, You've waited your whole life to graduate high school and begin college. Your parents' house has been oppressive and your school has been restrictive and college means one thing above all else: FREEDOM! Oh sure, an education also, but you're a smart kid and you've always taken that for granted. College means no rules, parties, and ice cream for dinner if you so desire. I come from the future to tell you that freedom will be your downfall. You will overcompensate for the past eighteen years by staying up all night, drinking excessively, and rarely going to class. You will have a blast, but it will be short-lived as you are going to flunk out. Your parents will cut you off, and it will be 10 years before you will be able to get back into school. It will be worth it when you do, because you will be able to appreciate it. But I am hoping to save you the anguish and the wasted years. Enjoy your freedom-in moderation. Be responsible and remember that you are in college to LEARN; class must come first. You will thank me when you're thirty.

If you are attending college partly for the social life, this school isn't for you. The few social events that are sponsered by the school are not very well-attended, and it is difficult to meet and get to know your fellow students, other than the ones in your classes.

John

It's much cheaper, the class-sizes are relatively small, and the math and science teachers are exceptional.

Take at least a year off and travel outside the U.S. During that time, think about what will make you happy but also generate some income. Then formulate a good education plan, one that doesn't involve graduating with a huge amount of debt.

Anyone wishing to save money on the first two years of study in college before transfering to a 4-year school.

Lesley

I think that North Seattle Community College is a reasonably average junior college.

Looking back, and knowing who I was in high school, I would not have wasted my breath on giving myself advice. I would not have listened then. Instead, I would have stood by as a mentor and when I screwed up, I would have said to myself, "I know. It's really hard sometimes." The only advice I would have given myself would have been, "You know what it takes to be healthy and happy, just remember to practice those things."

Though I am curently on the 'right' academic path, I wish I had recieved better career counseling. However, I am very thankful for the education I have recieved and my instructors who very much work hard to tailor their teaching for my benefit.

Munish

My school is mid-sized with a lot of caring teachers.

My school is mid-sized with a lot of caring teachers.

If I were to go back in time I wouldnt have to tell myself anything. College, work, and life is what you make it, no one is going to hold your hand, or help you. To be successful it takes time, and devotion, with out one or the other success is unattanable. After I graduated from highschool I followed this mindset. No one said the road to success was going to be a smooth one, there is going to be alot of bumps, curves, and even some unfinished patches along the way, it is your job to saty focused and perservere through the tough times. Without these obstacles success is unkown.

The best thing about my school is that theclasses are not too big, allowing for better student-teacher relationships ultimatley resulting in a better learning environment.

North Seattle College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.