Danvers, MA
North Shore Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Shore Community College

Sophie

For my purposes-gaining credit while in my gap year-North Shore Community College has served me well. I would most likely not, however seek a degree from here. The classes are good for elementary/fundamental skill building, but lack a level of deeper thinking and analysis seen in most upper-level educational institutes. That being said, the price is great and the professors seem to really care about their students.

Jackie

I love North Shore and how affordable it is. I plan on being an elementary school art teacher and North shore is putting me in the right direction for this to happen. I hope to continue my education here for the next year. This school has wonderful professors, great classes, and a convenient location.

Danny

Its a great school, I recommended it for people who want a new start, and who want to get a great career start.

Gene
Stay Far Away!

Stay Far Away!

If I could do it all again, I would most likely have sought private vocational training rather than pursuing a degree at this institution. The administration and paperwork process is unnecessarily tedious, I never had an instance where I did not require overrides for schedule choices within my major. These processes usually took 15 to 20 minutes to complete and quite honestly should not have required me to personally go into the offices in the first place. It also did not help that the office staff treated me like I was incompetent until they themselves found that they needed to do some "special override". While much of the administration has been cleared up by local government intervention, many of the office staff will still prove to be an issue for new students, returning students and alumni alike. The education is substandard. While there are professors who DO care about their students, the curriculum is out of date which in the end short changes the students. Within my own program I found myself in the 2013/2014 year working out of books and equipment over 10 years old. While most students will agree, new editions of textbooks every year is a bit much, in progressive programs such as medicine and technology having the cutting edge info is vital. My degree was technology based, in the hardware class I brought in parts and cables from home because there were no examples in the lab of current computer hardware. The fundamental "advanced" class on networking had students working with Microsoft Server 2003. The current version is 2012, in it's second revision with a new version on the way. The disaster recovery course had us running out of a book from 2002. Likewise, our networking security book was pre-2010. I ended up getting an education that would have been top notch in 2004, not 2014. After attending NSCC, I would have been better off not attending it in the first place.

Olivia

North shore Community College is best known for their outstanding extra help services. Unlike some other colleges, North Shore as multiple options to help you succeed and do the best you can. Each professor personally knows you by name and truly wants to see you succeed.

If I could rewind time and go back a year to my senior year in highschool my best advice to myself would be to truly enjoy the time you have there. As cliche as it sounds its true. College is a completely different ballgame, the work load is alot heavier and you do not have the same faces in every class, every day like you do in high school. Senior year of highschool is your last time to be a kid without most of the responsibilites of being an adult. Don't get me wrong, college is great and being treated as an adult is definitely a perk, but don't forget to cherish the time you have, while you have it. Soon, everyone will be off to different colleges, and you won't see half of the people you see now. Sure, you'll keep your close friends, but everything changes. College will be a great new adeventure in your life, but don't forget to slow down and enjoy the ride.

I believe the best type of person to attend this school is an individual who is truly motivated and willing to learn. I belive anyone who is willing to put in the extra effort to succeed, and is willing to seek help when needed would be the best fit for this school.

Matthew

There is no going back in time. The decisions you make now will affect you for the rest of your life. I think that I have made all of the right decisions so far and I will continue to do so in my academic career and beyond.

Very environmentally sound with a nice, new campus. A very smooth and easy commute on the highway to get there.

It's a school for pretty much anybody, especially if you don't have the money or grades to get into a four year school right away.

Jayson

Dear Jayson, I don't know how to really explain this to you, but I'm you from the future. It's 2013, and you've had a lot of crazy years. The point of this is to tell you about transitioning to college life. Going to Erie Community College will be decent for you. It's cheaper than most 4 year schools, and you'll get a good education. You need to pay attention though. School is more important than working at Wilson Farms or spending time with Rebecca. Just make sure to take a History class so that you can transfer to UB sooner once you leave the Military. School is fun, and you'll take a lot of really good classes and meet great people both in the military and in college. Take advantage of the Tuition Assistance program while you're in the Army. This will allow you to get closer to your education goals. Work hard, eat right, exercise, take everything in stride and you'll be in a slightly better position than I am now. I will tell you that you'll be very happy when you meet Masami.

Usman

If I were given the opportunity to go back in time and meet with my past self, I would probably advise myself from not getting involved with our family business. I made a horrible choice by getting licensed as an insurance agent and now regret not finishing my education. If I were given a second chance, I would've definitely finished my college education and pursued a career in which I would actually be happy.

robert

The best way to be successful at North Shore Community College is to have drive and keep up on your class work. Most teachers are willing to work with you but not if you are not a responsible person, so be responsible and respectful to your professors and they will be more than willing to help. Also get to know your advisors and staff so that you will have recommendation letters for scholarships.

I would not change anything about my high school years. I was not able to become a student until I was independent from my parents. I would have still waited to go to college mostly due to becoming more mature in the process, and having the mental readiness to succeed at college.

I was well prepared for classes. My best advice is read as much as you can about your college so that you will be prepared for what ever comes your way. Complete community service that could open up scholorship opportunites.

Kelsey

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself that there is nothing wrong with starting at a community college. The education is phenomenal, and the teachers are very accommodating. The school should fit the student, and a community college is a great place to start out in. All the transfer opportunities are just a bonus if a student wants to go on to a bachelor?s degree. Not that there?s anything wrong with an associate?s degree, of course.

Anybody willing to invest the time and effort into their future should attend this school. Students should be willing to do their best in their chosen field of study; nothing less is acceptable by any definition. Students should also not be afraid to talk to their teachers. It it their job to help students learn. If there is any difficulty, the teachers will do their best to help in any way.

I brag about the hands-on training that comes with the learning process. I learn by doing, and the experience I get when I'm in the classroom is unparralleled. If there is a mistake, I learn from it, and try again until I get it right.

North Shore Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.