Mount Pleasant, TX
Northeast Texas Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northeast Texas Community College

Adana

This is a very small college. They only play soccer and softball/baseball. Some of the programs have been closed down in the past several years due to funding or a lack there of. Most people on campus are not very social unless you know them, but the facility/staff is very nice and helpful.

My overall opinion of Northeast Texas Community College is that it’s a great community college. It has a lot to offer a new or returning student. Friendly and most helpful staff I’ve experienced. Clean and well maintained campus grounds. They keep the staff , students and visitors updated by providing a weekly newspaper ; full of current events and students opinion. I’ve been really satisfied with the outstanding results the college offers in all areas.

Sydney

I think it is a respectable community college in this area of Texas. With the limited amount of resources for a college of NTCC’s size, I believe they do the best they can with what they are given. I only take classes online, but I have been on campus many times over the years for various reasons.

NTCC is an excellent community college. The campus is in great condition and many new renovations have been made to improve overall campus experience. Most importantly, the professors promote active learning and truly want to help students succeed. Often, many professors and other faculty members go above and beyond.

Teresita

Overall not a bad experience. Generally felt like 13th year of school if you graduated from a nearby HS. If you take the time to join at least one club/organization that'll make your time there more memorable. Be thankful of the free parking while you have it!

ALYSSA

Northeast Texas Community College is a wonderful campus where the teachers care about your success, if you do. All it takes to receive the help you need from a teacher is simply to ask. There are also other faculty on campus very interested in student success (counselors, etc.) who can be reached at any time. The school has a fantastic theatre program and center for the performing arts where there is a play, seminar or concert nearly every week.

Jillian

The professors often base their opinion of the class on one student that does well, so then they assume that the whole class will do well, or vice versa. Also, the campus has been under construction for many semesters, and it is very distracting to have power drills and sledgehammers in the background of your government class. They cut off many parts of the campus, making us students walk much further than necessary, and sometimes that means you are late to class.

Mary

My class mates are a bunch of pixles compiled into words and pictures on a computer screen.

DON'T GRADUATE EARLY! Listen to your friends and take all the time you have left with them as a blessing. Homework isn't important--friends are. Boys only cause problems. Keep your mouth shut. Take caution in all things that you do. Rely on God.

Online classes still have to be completed, even though you don't have to show up for class. Google may have all the answers, but they arent always right. Don't be shy--you won''t make friends that way. It's worth it to make a huge decision. Follow your heart, not your head. When it feels wrong, it is. DOn't do anything God would disapprove of.

Alisha

Northeast Texas Community College (NTCC) was unique because it offered students, who were eager to learn, so many incredible opportunities to go beyond standard education. After joining the Honors Program, I was given many opportunities to present my own scholarly research projects in places such as New Orleans at the National Collegiate Honors Council last year. I was also invited into Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society where I was given many more opportunities to grow academically, socially, and as a leader. These are just two of the many ways students can go beyond standard education at NTCC.

When I was considering going to college, I was terrified. In fact, I was so stressed about attending college that my first year was only about stress. I was doing well in my classes, and I had joined Phi Theta Kappa and the Honors Program on campus, but I was not happy. I even sacraficed a free trip to San Jose, California, with my chapter of Phi Theta Kappa because I was so stressed about my classes and all the things I had to take care of at home. Looking back, I realize how many opportunities I missed out on because of how stressed I was. If I could see the me that was preparing to enter college, I would slap myself and tell me to stop stressing! I would say that it's okay to be scared or even terrified of something, but when a person sacrifices opportunities to learn and grow as an individual just because of fear, that's when fear gains too much power in one's life. I would tell myself to maintain the stress level that pushes me to do well in my classes, but to loosen up enough to enjoy my college experience.

Most of the facilities on campus were great; however, I was disappointed in the atmosphere of the Academic Skills Center. Though it was quiet, the computers worked for me without trouble, and it had enough tables and chairs, it had such a terrible atmosphere that I could never get any studying done when I was there. I think it was too dim, and the walls were so bland and white that it seemed like the room of a very dreary institution. I rarely ever saw students visiting the Academic Skills Center, which lent to its eerie atmosphere.

Damien

If I could go back and pass on some advice to myself as a high school senior, I would attempt to explain that no matter what the odds are, you can rise above and prosper. Everyone faces challenges, and sometimes it may seem that the whole world is against you; but through hard work and intelligent decisions, anyone can stand up against adversity and change their future. As long as you do not give up, you can achieve any goal. Throughout life, you will face millions of challenges. Challenges that could make or break you. However, those very same challenges should be seen as opportunities to better yourself by learning from them and adjusting accordingly. This is America, the land of opportunity; and everyone can achieve their dream regardless of what anyone else tells them. You must never give up.

The worst thing about Northeast Texas Community College is the doors throughout campus have electronic door open buttons, but they do not work. Students with disabilities have a difficult time entering the buildings.

Anyone who is interested in getting an affordable yet quality education should attend Northeast Texas Community College. Earning credits to transfer to a four year university at Northeast Texas Community College is a very intelligent decision.

Northeast Texas Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.