Northland Pioneer College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northland Pioneer College

Amy

Overall, while this is a community college and does not provide all that a 4-year university does, it fits my needs at this point in time. I am 19 and in my second year, working towards my Associates of Science in the hopes of transferring to a 4-year and completing a Bachelor's in Chemistry. I was never the most academically inclined individual in high school, and NPC has provided me a kind of do-over. Without this campus I probably never would have continued my education, believing that I was not smart enough, nor financially capable of attending a four year. This campus, while it does not have much, has become my gateway to a whole new life. I can take the classes I need and work at my own pace and I don't have the pressure that I did in high school to be the very best in my class- I can work towards becoming the very best for myself. Community colleges, such as this one, should not be frowned upon, because they lack the recreation that a big top notch university. For many, they are merely a stepping stone, the shallow end of a deep pool,that allows them to have a taste of a higher education without plunging into the icy depths of debt, stress, and commitment that goes hand-in-hand with university. NPC has allowed me to get my feet wet, and has given me the courage to dive in to what I hope will be the rest of my life.

Kari

There is no dormitories on any of the campuses. There are nine different locations in the state. There are no sports, which is okay with me. I lived at home with my parents during this time. (Still do.) I'm about to get my associates. Overall, I had a good experience with Northland Pioneer College.

Kevin

Northland Pioneer is a Community College with over 9 campuses spread out over the extremely rural area's of North Eastern Arizona, and for many students they are the only game in town unless they want to leave the area to attend a University. For a CC they are decent with a good selection of topics covered primarily at the two big Campuses in Show Low and Holbrook, the smaller campuses often have the majority of their classes in class via Tele-conference/Video call with or with out the professor in the classroom with you.

albert

Well first hand to me it is a really great school to attend small but very busy an instructors are always availiable an the school for you to succeed at your goal to graduateits a very great school

Kyle

Fantastic college, it's a small, tight-knit group in every class I attend. I'm really glad I get to go here because it will be a great transition for me, from high school to here to university. There is an overall comfortable feeling at any of the campuses you go to and it's easy to get engaged in what you are passionate about.

Kiana

It's a great school. They challenge you as a student and help prepare you for universities.

Dawnis

It is a good community college to start out at. There are not many extra curricular activities at this school. However, the class sizes are small and that is wonderful. I would recommend this college to other students who are nearby to this and are either going back to school or starting out.

Hailey

While Northland Pioneer College is a smaller community college, it provides the same academic experience and opportunities as larger colleges. NPC offers a variety of Associate degrees and certifications with tuition at a relatively low cost. Despite the low cost, classes are still efficient and of high quality, teaching students pretty much the same thing as what would be taught in higher-cost classes. Overall, I believe NPC is an excellent school to earn an Associate degree before moving on to a larger university to pursue the rest of your educational career.

Dalyce

Northland Pioneer College is an awesome school. They make it easy for Native Americans to take classes. The ones who live in really rural areas like Hopi, can even take classes. The class sizes are good. Not to many students at each campus. The teachers are more then willing to give you help when you ask for it. The office staff was always helpful. They are never rude to you when you ask a question.

Hailey

Northland Pioneer college is a great place to attend for an Associate's Degree. While it doesn't have on-campus housing or very many facilities, it has various courses for all sorts of majors and has a pretty cool library and break area. The instructors are all pretty nice and seem to know what they're doing.