Northwood University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northwood University

The class sizes are small, and allows students to get to know the professor and classmates. The small class sizes make it easier to get help from the professors as needed. They have many ways of communicating, and will go out of their way to help a student that needs help. The professors at Northwood University are dedicated to helping students learn and succeed in school. The comradery among the students and staff is amazing! I am a non-traditional, 28 year old college student that takes classes online through the Adult Degree Program and attends class on campus. I have never felt so welcome and a part of the Northwood University culture! It is amazing! They are very involved in sports, arts, politics, and student life, and are even more involved in volunteering and helping those that need it in the community and beyond. This campus has so much to offer to students! The housing options, the food, and facilities are great. Northwood University is in Midland; a community that has a lot to offer to students and is not far from other major cities such at Bay City and Saginaw and outdoor recreation up north or even along the bay. I had a good start at Delta College, and made the best life decision ever transferring to Northwood University. I hope potential high school and college students really consider Northwood University for the pursuit of their college degree!

Cassidy

It is a great school! If you love small classrooms, being very active with professors, and a great education, then this is the school for you!

Colin

Northwood offers specialized Majors that you begin studying on day one. The class sizes are smaller and more attentive than your average University classroom. The campus store is always being update with the latest fashions as well as books/textbooks. The food on campus is always being rotated and is themed with different locations throughout the world. Northwood is perfect for all business students looking for smaller class sizes and a more social atmosphere.

Jordan

Not the best. I have good friends who make my time enjoyable. The administration, especially the deans, don't listen to students very much and all the school cares about is the money at the end of the day. Some teachers are great, maybe 1-2 a semester. The others either don't know how to teach, or are so foreign you can't understand anything they say. You buy you're degree here, so don't expect to be an expert in your field when you leave here. If you're not going here for automotive, go somewhere else!

Jonathan

Northwood is a private business school that specializes in small classroom sizes to better connect with your professors. With classrooms that have no more then 30 kids in them, connecting with professors is very helpful and definitely recommended to become the most successful. We prioritize sports more then we should and the campus live can be very slow. But educationally, it is worth the time attending due to the connections built up and the experience.

kendall

I personally believe that Northwood university is a great school to attend. The size of the school is small but that is not a bad thing. Your friends and peers become like family to you and you will make bonds that last forever. The food could be Improved but they do have a lot to offer. Students will find that there are many clubs and activities to do and attend on campus.

Jose

Northwood is a small school with a strong importance on entrepreneurship and business. This university has small class sizes and very strong conservative background which sometimes can be a negative. The quality of the food needs improvement and the housing and athletic facilities have been improving over the past years. I'm happy with my experience at Northwood and the class sizes definitely help.

Kemar

I'm a freshman student-athlete still adapting to collegiate life. The campus is very quiet and safe. The business curriculum is very current based on today's climate which is great. Campus life and culture is above average but there are some great student fro across globe that are becoming life long friends.

I transferred to Northwood after spending 2 years at another private university and found that Northwood was far more academic based with student learning at the center. Rather than relying on its name, Northwood truly prepares students for their future career while providing endless opportunities to network and find their future employer.

nicole

I enjoy Northwood University because it has allowed me to expand my own views on life. I learn something new about life from every professor I encounter. I am also a Non-Traditional student, meaning I work almost full time and am a full time student. Being able to be enrolled in an adult degree program that allows me many opportunities for night classes and online classes I can easily complete both my academic and working goals.

Corbin

Choosing northwood was the absolute best decision I could have ever made. I have relationships with my professors that go beyond the classroom. Every professor truly cares for their students in a way I have never experienced. The attitude amongst campus is always positive, our school radiates happiness. The people I have met are truly amazing people. Northwood is home and if you’re looking for an amazing experience in a small town on a small campus, you’ve found your match.

Anna

Being an international student at Northwood University, I made the best possible choice in order to become a successful leader of a free-enterprise society in the future. Northwood University has the most diverse community consisting of people from all over the world. Just being just the part of this community and making more and more friends every year is a big honor to me. The class sizes are small, but I love it because you get to know your professor better, and you have more connection to the class material.

Kelsey

I love the class sizes of this school and most of the professors however there are a few that many feel shouldn't even be teaching which can make learning material difficult. Also there are many new buildings which are nice, but there are also outdated ones that need to be updated and remodeled to match the newer buildings that are now on campus.