Norwalk, CT
Norwalk Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Norwalk Community College

Account

NCC is an okay school. It is a great way to increase your GPA and get a degree to fall back on before you transfer. Sometimes with a bit of research, you get a really cool professor that really cares and is willing to do whatever in their power for you to succeed. There are cons such as expensive food, lack of school spirit, bad school communication and the school rarely acknowledges a students achievements.

Aimee

Your opinion on this school will definitely vary based on the kind of person you are. I came from a large high school, was a varsity athlete, and a social person. Finding friends at NCC is difficult, we don't have dorm rooms or halls to be "forced" to meet people, and the age of people is very different in classes; although most of the students are very nice, its hard for a 19 year old to befriend a 40 year old in their class. Athletics are not a thing, we don't have club or intramural sports other than the dance club which is extremely disappointing, I think that my experience here would dramatically increase if we did. The teachers are awesome for the most part, as many also teach at other accredited institutions. Tutoring services are available, but the library has horrible hours. Most colleges wont accept some of the credits earned at NCC, so transferring is difficult. Norwalk Community College is a good place to start, but if you can go away, definitely do so.

Jeremy

It's just another community college that's very small. I'm just there to go through the vet tech program and then transfer to another college. The campus is small and there are only two buildings that have all the classes, eating areas, and other college services.

Rachael

Their physical therapy assistant program is horrible. They claim they set people up for success but fail half of their students to look good to maintain their passing rate on the boards exam. The less people they have taking the test the higher the chance that they will be able to keep that 100% passing rating. You know something is wrong when 50% of your students don't end up completing your program. That's not setting up many people for success. Starting this program is a waste of time especially since there are only two teachers for both of the classes, who are too busy to spend time helping you. I strongly recommend the other programs in the state if you want to be given the opportunity to become a physical therapy assistant.

karolina

I love Norwalk Community College! Not being able to attend a 4 year college like many of my peers because of financial situations NCC gave me a chance to pursue my nursing career and be able to afford it. The nursing program at NCC is amazing and being done with my first year I have learned so much and I know that during my second year I will learn even more and I will leave the program feeling confident and ready to take on my next steps in my nursing career.

Tatiana

It's a great school in general to get your associate's. Staff is very kind for the most part and they try their best to help students fulfill their academic needs. Students really do care about their studies, and the counselors are amazing and always looking out for the students. There's many clubs to join and every semester, there may be new ones to expand interest.

Audrey

I wish it was a 4 year!!

I wish it was a 4 year!!

Omar

I wish I had known how to take advantage of the resources that surrounded me, such as libraries or technology centers. It would have made my first semester go a whole lot smoother. Using those resources to your advantage is probably one of the most important ways to succeed in college.

Take your time. The road to success is a long, harrowing journey. It can be scary. It can be ruthless. But it's important to move at your own pace. College is a whole different animal than high school. Your success in your hands now. You'll have to make the time for schoolwork, and it will seem difficult, but it is manageable. You may not succeed at first. But no matter what happens, know that you're not alone. A recent study indicated that almost 30 percent of first year college students fail their first semester. It is a difficult transition, but it's not impossible. If it happens, It's not the end of the world, but you can't feel sorry for yourself; it's up to you to take initiative and pick yourself up. Take it slow if you need to. Everybody has their own way of attaining success, and you will find yours with time. There's nothing wrong with starting off with a few classes at first. As you adapt to college, you can take more, and it will be easier. Eventually, you will find yourself, I promise you that much.

Norwalk Community College is well renowned for it's affordability and small, student focused classes. Unlike many four- year institutions that have large lecture halls , the classrooms here rarely exceed 25 students, and make learning more dedicated to the individual. The professors really care about the students, and take the time to help you succeed. You will truly get the most for your money here.

Ryan

It's proximity to major University's, as well as Norwalk Community College's ties with Yale, UConn, and other community colleges allows for easy transfer of credits. The professor's take seriously their job to challenge and educate the students, and in some cases I think the teaching is better since many of them are available after class hours for one on one tutoring. Yet, the price for the education is substantially less than the surrounding University's. It's relatively small student body ensures more attention from faculty and adminstrators.

Cause and effect is not just relegated to science or chemistry, it applies with equal force to decisions. Our future can be profoundly impacted by our pursuit, or lack thereof, of additional education after high school. The degree to which we try to gain more knowledge, is the degree to which we can enjoy more success in life. Of course, such educational goals require sacrifice, and as a young person we may be hesitant not being able to see the benefits immediately. Nevertheless, benefits are there, they are real and tangible, and become more apparent as our life goes on. College can be challenging, forcing us to grow in ways beond just our grasp of basic concepts of reading, writing, and mathematics. It can teach us to be more courageous, independent, and outgoing. These qualities are appreciated by employers, family, and friends, and these relationships determine to a large extent our happiness in life. Higher education by no means guarantees us a great future, but it does increase our chances to be happy. So don't procrastinate, or be too timid to make a decision about college, since as a 'cause' of our decision there will be an 'effect'!

That the programs for Health Care are extremely full at this college. Though the advisors try to steer individuals who they feel don't qualify away from Health Care, hand in the application anyway if you're interested in the program! Their advisement while appropriate in some cases, can prevent capable students from pursuing goals they may feel confident of accomplishing. My own experience has been similiar, and while I don't regret being in the program I am in now, I still desire my previous goal which was Nursing. The Nursing program at Norwalk is exceptional.

Norwalk Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.