Northfield, VT
Norwich University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Norwich University

Blake

Love this place! Norwich has amazing opportunities that are just waiting for you to take for yourself. At Norwich, you can never push yourself enough, and you always reach for the stars. This school is so close knit, I know that I will be involved here for a very long time.

Review of Norwich from Alumnus

Review of Norwich from Alumnus

Norwich University is a small, private, military and civilian school in the heart of Vermont. The scenery surrounding the school is breathtaking and the history surrounding the school and its beginnings is quite interesting. The combination of military and civilian students make campus life fun and well rounded and the bonds that are made, especially within the military lifestyle, will last years, if not a lifetime.

Erin

To my high school self, Do not fret. There are so many things that are unknown and I know that is bothersome to you but you learn along the way. You learn how to handle classwork, sports, extra cirricular activities and a social life well. Although you are unsure of how you will be able to handle it all at this point in time, do not worry, it is a learned technique. Also, the transition will be hard, but do not give up. Even when your patience, and strong will is being tested, do not give up. The challenges you face at college will be some of the hardest you have ever faced in your life but those challenges will mold you to be a great person and leader. It is okay to cry and to feel stressed, but never feel defeated. You will come out on top in the end, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Finally, have fun. Work hard and have fun, you will become an expert at balancing both work and a social life. Don't be afraid to smile and know that everything will work out in the end.

Norwich Univserity has traditions that are 195 years old. Norwich is the oldest private military college and is the birthplace of R.O.T.C. (Reserved Officers Training Corps). To be apart of these traditions as a student in the 2013/2014 academic year is humbling. Many great heros, military and civilian, have walked the same Upper Parade ground and building hallways as I do today. I experience that feeling of tradition every day I am at Norwich and my respect and discipline has grown for our country and my opportunities because of these traditions.

When I tell most of my friends about Norwich, I brag most about the opportunities I have. The ability to have training to become a disciplined, respectful and strong young person is something not often found today. Norwich teaches you the importane of values such as integrity and honesty and this is something not normally learned at a reuglar state school. Norwich also teaches you great time management skills and how to handle your work load; there is so much to juggle at Norwich, but it is a great experience!

michele

Assuming that I could go bck in time and talk to myself as a high school senior , I will advice myself to work harder in order to be accepted and have a scholarship to a very good and known university like Harvard university or Boston university. In adittion, I will advice myself choose my friend so that I will not be exposed to peer pressure because by doing so, I will focus more on my education instead of going to the movies or partying.

timothy

I would emphasize taking more AP classes. Not to be afraid to take on a greater academic load and to look past varsity sports and seek out at least one club or organiztion inviolvement. Most of all be proud of your accompllishments and be confident your future is exciting! Remember you can always change your mind just do the best you can at what you choose.

commraderie between students, superb school pride, community involvement, professors who care and an excellent library.

Nothing to do in tiny littlw remote town, no transportation available

Stacey

This school is a military school. Civillians attend the school too, but it was originally, and still functions as the oldest survivng military school in the United States. The air of discipline is something I really loved about this place.

The most important thing in your life is your family. Your family will always be there for you if you are there for them. Be strong and confident, and go in the direction of your dreams, knowing that your family is there for you always. Think about yourself for once, this is your life and you finally get to make a big choice in it! Never do something because you think you have to, you have to want to do something to be successful at it. Follow your instincts. (You have great instincts!) If you don't feel challenged enough where you are, go somewhere else. No one ever achieves anything without being challenged first. You have to seek out the challenge, and face it head on. So go find your challenge, and take it on with confidence, don't be afriad! Everyone is here supporting you, I promise.

This school feels like a family. Everyone knows everyone else, and there is usually a helping hand or a kind ear if you need it. The classes are small so you get a lot of attention, and the professors are usually willing to give you extra help if you need it.

Scott

I would go back and tell myself to really appreciate the help that the teachers and peers tried to give you throughout your journey. To really appreciate the classwork, and learn the study habits that should have already been instilled so I wasn't shocked going into college. Also, to learn how to balance both athletics and academics evenly so that I was able to take better advantage of the time I was given so that I wasn't scraping for time at the last seconds of a project or right before a test or exam.

The people make the school. They are the whole reason that you can't wait to go back, because they were the ones that were there for you through your time of struggle. Since I go to military school, in the beginning of training the cadre are all about breaking you down to build you up again. So when people break your rook buddies are there for you day in and day out.

A weak hearted one. The kind of person who is afraid of changing, even if the end result isn't immediate.

Amber

I would tell you high school seniors to enjoy every minute of high school. As a college student looking back I see now that the things that I thought that I would not miss I miss the most. Also be open minded about college. It's not a easy thing but it can be fun. When you have the chance to apply for scholarships, do so. College is not a cheap place to go. When you get to college make sure that you go to class. Another big issue os studing. If you want to pass a class or get a certain grade in a class you have to put some time into that class. Also do your homework. Your teacher can't fail you if you do all of these three things. Make sure you allow your self to get some sleep too. If you don't it can be horrible. The most important thing to college is time magnment. You are now an adult and you will be away from home so no one is there to tell you to do your homework or go to bed. But most importantly have fun.

Oredolapo

It has been drilled in you early in life that college is important, your only chance at living a decent life; getting a good job so that you can financially provide for your family. What I wish they had told you, “even with your determination and motivation, you need to refine your focus." To simply pick a major is easy. I believe that is why many bounce back and forth to different majors throughout their college education. But if one hones in on what it is that they truly love about life, the career path will guide you to your major. You don't go to college to find yourself, you attend college to sharpen the tools necessary to implement what you are passionate about in life; your career. Your determination and motivation are evident in your grades and ability to overcome obstacles. When you can sit with an academic adviser and expound on where you see your career 5 years post graduation, then you have chosen your major and are now ready to find the courses that are required to assist you in living the life you love.

Morgan

I would tell my self to always study hard and to always give 100% effort at all times. that this year would be a challenge and that if I stick with it and always do my best then I will be fine.

Personaly I think it is the Corps of Cadets lifestyle. Just because you are in the Corps of Cadets does not mean that you have to join the military after you graduate. In fact 40% of its members this year includeing the regimental commander are not going to join the military after they graduate. but going through the Corps of Cadets will help to teach you things students at normal colleges dont get. It will better prepare you for life.

Someone who is dedicated and driven Norwich offers both a corps of cadets as well as civilian lifestyles. Both offer there unique challenges and will better prepare you for life after college.

Norwich University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.