Northfield, VT
Norwich University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Norwich University

Katie

I have gotten many things out of my colllege experience thus far. I consder college to a few of the best years of my life. A few of the major things include great education, lasting friendships, memorable experiences, and life lessons. I have enjoyed getting to know not only many of the students on campus, but also all of my professors that I have had so far. Each one of them shows exceptional interest in wanting students to succeed. They have always done whatever they can for me to the best of their ability. Not only do they help with school work, but they also show interest and helping me with things outside of school. They great value in helping students the best they can. It has been so valuable to attend this school because I have learned so much in the past year and a half than I ever have before. One of the areas that I have grown the strongest in is in my faith and relationship with Jesus Christ. This school has brought up spiritually in a way that I cannot describe. I have been blessed to be able to attend this school.

I dont know if there is a certain person that should not attend here. I think it couold benefit an individual in every possible way, whether they have an addiction of some sort or whether they consider themselves to be perfect. I think this school help everyone in various ways on different levels.

My school has a very good academic program. The classes are on the tougher side, but I do learn many things that I did not know before. The professors that I have had so far I have absolutely loved. I joined a sorority and dont regret making that decision. Most of the people here are relaly nice.

Sommer

I've gained valuable experiences during my first two years in college; I have learned to accept responsibility for myself and time management the most. As a college student it is no longer my parent?s responsibility to make sure I?m making good grades and attending class; that is my job. And though it has been tempting to sometimes not attend class because I have that freedom I have learned that in order to do my best I need to attend all my classes. Also in college, you get to schedule your own classes and decide how many hours you want to attend. Though classes may start later and students generally don?t have to attend classes as long each day as compared to high school students, time management is just as important if not more important. With the ability to sleep later and attend classes for less time comes the responsibility to use time wisely. Learning to discern how to schedule my class time, work time, homework time, and free time was challenging but a very valuable experience. I have enjoyed my first two years and hope to find the funds for my latter two.

nicole

my college experience I have learned many things, especially to be more committed to my future that depends upon it. I would get this scholarship because I have no more aid to complete my studies and my dream is to get my college degree. I have great desire to finish my studies but without aid will not be able to finish.

cierra

So far, I have had a very solid experience. college is very exciting and I cant wait to go to a 4 yr college and further my education. it has been valuable because i have learned a lot and i will continue to learn a lot and it will help me be successful in the future.

My college experience has taught me how to take care of myself and grow as an adult. I have gotten life experience as well as a more detailed idea of what life is like after school. I have already learned more than I ever thought possible. College had made me want to learn more and continue learning everywhere. Here I have made lifetime friends and connections. I believe that the networking that I have done here will assist me in my future career. I greatly appreciate the military background of my university. Although, I am not in the military program, I feel that I have learned more about how our country opperates and gained a bigger respect for all those that serve our country.

Norwich University develops students academically, ]physically, emotionally, and morally. Here we learn the importance of supporting our country. This is supported by our campus wide flag salute every morning and evening and by the pride taught in our military classrooms. Norwich makes a point to make sure that each student has all of the support they need. Our academic achievement center helps all students with their work load and disabilities that they may have. The code of Norwich is 'I will not lie, cheat or steal, or tolerate those that do'. This code sets the standards of moral value.

The worst thing about this school is how it has changed over the years. In the past, Norwich University was a very difficult school to complete especially in the corps of cadets. I believe that they have made the process much easier lowering the exclusive nature of the degree.

Norwich University: A place where people strive to do their best- with the corps of cadets and civillian life- led by fantastic members of the Vermont State Militia, professors that have had much experience in their field of teaching, and members of the United States Military, Challenging you so that one day you can live a strong powerful life in the real world- living by the norwich moto, I WILL TRY- NORWICH FOREVER!

Norwich university is a dry campus, that does not allow drugs or alcohol of any kind. Norwich is a place of ethnic acceptance. We have memebers of all races, genders, and people from all around the world. We have one motto and that is I will try. We live by that moto! People around here will help you srtive for the best that you can be. We all want everyone else to succeed in their lives, so we reach out to others because as a memeber of the norwich community, you are family!

Knowing what I know now, I would go back and give myself the advice of paying more attention and trying harder in school. Being in highschool is a fun experience, but when you transit to college things change.. Doing the work in high school is a pre start for college. If you don't do your homework in high school then you most likely won't be someone to do your homework in college. If you are someone that goes out and drink all the time, or doesn't pay attention in class, then college is going to be a failur. You will end up going out on weekends, and falling asleep in class. Sleep is one thing that is lacked in college, becuase studying takes up so much of your time. The average class is a study time of three hours a day. That is 15 hours a week multiply that by 5 classes and you have 75 hours of study time a week just for classes. Most of your time will be dedicated to school work, so it would be a good idea to practive that while still in high school. Make your educatuon your number one priority.

Felicia

My Classmates vary from extremely intelligient to slightly unintelligient and from hard working to lazy.

Norwich University is a combined campus with both civilian students and students who are in the corps of cadets. The corps of cadets is the military part of the school in which the students are training to serve the country. The civilian and corps students attednt the same classes and interacte with eachother daily.

As a high school senior I would tell myself to have more fun and let loose. I am not saying do not study. I am simply saying have fun and enjoy being young because entering college is one step closer to the real world with more and more responsibilities. However, you must study hard and develop the study habits that will continue with you in college. Develop a system in which you can balance both your studies, sports and social life. Without all three life can get a little out of hand. You have to study if you want to do well and if you want to continue playing sports in college you must continue to constantly work hard at that as well. But that does not mean that you can not have fun just hanging out with your friends and not worrying about anything. You have to have some relaxation time or else you will drive yourself crazy. Do not stress. You are to young to be stressing. Many experiences will come later in life when you can worry about stressing. Lastly, love yourself for who you are because the only person you need to impress is you.

Sean

It is the oldest private military college in the United States. At this school not only do we have a variety of different races and cultures we also have two distinct lifestyles, traditional students and those in the Corps of Cadets.

It is a very small school and is a very tightly knit community. The classes are small and you get one-on-one help from your professor not from a graduate student.

I would tell myself that I have a long, tough road ahead of me. To stay focused in school and do it with my maximum potentional. Also I would tell myself to take every opportunity that is available to me and if there were not any available to make opportunities myself throught hardwork and determintation. I would tell myself to take advantage of what the school has to offer and become more involved in the school than I am now.

Adam

I would say two words to myself- go and do! I would tell myself to go out with friends on Saturday nights, do more with my free time, go to more school events, and do everything I could. I would want myself to enjoy life more, knowing how little free time there is when attending college. I would want myself do something that I enjoy, like painting, more often. I?d tell myself instead of studying all Saturday, go to that football game! Go to prom! Go out with friends more! Go outside and enjoy the sunshine with friends instead of sitting playing video games all day. I did not take full advantage of all the opportunities presented to me in high school, and that?s what I would change. Doing more may have made high school more enjoyable. Going out more, I may have made more friends. Doing all these things may have changed me in ways that would have carried over into college. I may be better off now making friends, going to more social events, doing more ?fun? things if I had done and gone more in high school.

I get a sense of family at Norwich. The professors are willing to help with whatever they can, and have their doors open to us students at all times. Also, I have met a lot of great people that I feel will be my friends forever. They are willing to help me whenever I need it and always asking to do something together, such as go shoot hoops. Norwich is a small school in attendance, and because of that, everybody feels more like students, more like individuals than just as a group of unknown students.

Being 400+ miles away from Norwich is the most frustrating part of Norwich. Finding ways of getting home over breaks has proved to be difficult and time-consuming. But, I have found a few good friends that live near my hometown that are willing to drive me home. I am short on funds, so I can not always take a plane or train home, so having friends that drive is always a plus! Another problem is not knowing what the road conditions will be farther north, so trying to prepare for the unexpected is also quite frustrating.

james

Focus. Pay attention. Decide. Finishing high school should not be your only goal. You need to think beyond graduation and start preparing now. Start thinking of what skills you have and how they can transfer into a career. Start thinking of what skills you do not have and how you can turn them from weaknesses into strengths. You need to have a plan starting now that you can carry with you throughout your college journey. What interests you? What careers can incorporate your interests? What types of jobs are there going to be if you graduate with that major? These are all questions you need to answer before applying to colleges and definitely before choosing a major. The average person changes careers five to seven times within a lifetime and the better prepared you are the more likely you are to succeed. So many people follow their parents paths of graduating high school and heading to college just because it feels like the right thing to do. Maybe taking a year or two off is not such a bad idea if you are really undecided. All I can tell you now is that the more prepared you are the better!

Norwich University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.