Oakland City, IN
Oakland City University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Oakland City University

Kennedy

Oakland City University is a great university with a small town feel. It is in a country setting but is close to the small town of Princeton and the larger city of Evansville. The educators and administration are invested in the students education.

Molly

Oakland City has truly been a blessing in my life. I love the atmosphere and everything I have learned so far attending. The faculty is always there to help and available when needed. The faith-based learning is also a huge plus, for I have a very strong faith in God. I love that I can be open about my faith to my classmates, because it isn't really a hot topic in public schools. At Oakland City University not only are the academics great, but the spiritual development is also something that OCU should be very proud of. I'm proud to be a part of the OCU family.

Ryan

Out of my college experience in the Fire Protection Engeneering program so far I have learned many vaulable characteristics and ways to protect myself and my community in emergency situations. Once I obtain my associates degree I would like to travel across the United States Investigating structure fires and educating the public on fire safety. I love working with kids, so therefore I believe I can make an impact with my edcatino

Oakland City University is best known for the graduation rate and even more about teaching education to college students. Education is the main thing students are majoring in at Oakland City University, because of how the professors teach it. After graduating from this university especially with a degree in education a student is gauranteed a job because of how experienced the graduate is and the background from a christian university.

From only attending Oakland City University for almost a year I have experienced a lot. College is very different from high school from the teachers to the atmosphere. At Oakland City University I have noticed that the teachers or professors are a lot more laid back and all have different cultural backgrounds. Something else that I have experienced is that a student really has to work hard to get good grades. In high school students barely had to be in class and they could still pass. While in college after missing just a few days a student can be kicked out of the class. So, while teachers might be laid back they are there to teach and want students to be there to learn all of the material. Another thing I have experienced in college is a student needs to be responsible for themselves. Deadlines and paperwork are not up to the parents anymore it is up to the attending student. So while only in college for less than a year I have learnt overall to be responsible.

The worst think about Oakland City University is the location. There is not much to do around the campus like other universities. Even with activities provided on campus the choices are slim and only offered on certain days. If there was more to do on campus or around campus it would make Oakland City University more enjoyable for students, like me.

Faith

My college experience has taught me many valuable lessons. Growing up in a home where any dreams of furthering my education were immediately crushed was very discouraging. Not having parental support has made my college experience much more challenging. However, my choice to step out on my own and pursure my educational dreams against all odds has been a great experience. Attending Oakland City University has been valuable for me not only because of all that I have learned but because of the life that it has given me. Both students and faculty have been very encouraging of my aspirations and have given me the support I need to make my education experiences profitable. My time here at Oakland City has not just been about academics. It has inspired me to live life, pursue my dreams and make something of myself regardless of circumstances and discouragement.

The best thing about my school is the people. It has a small town feel and the people become like your family.

Oakland City University is a small town school with affordable education and very friendly and involved people.

Frances

College is so important to not only my future but also my family and future children. I want to set an example to my children that you can do anything you set your mind to, and no goal is out of reach. So far attending school has kept me focused on studying instead of parties and other distracting things. Going to school will allow me achieve my degree in nursing and change the lives of every patient I come into contact with. I am excited to make it through college and into the career I am passionate about.

Oakland City University is a great Bible based campus with motivated teachers, and I am very glad that God influenced me to come here.

Everyone is different, so it is hard to describe everyone in one sentence; I would have to say "unique."

When I was in high school, I always looked forward to being in college and feeling all "grown up." Now that I am here, I really do appreciate and enjoy the experience more than I anticipated. It has a lot more freedom than grade school did, and I really like being able to manage and determine my own schedule for the most part. Since I participate in Varsity Soccer, it was definitely very busy first semester, but it helped me learn to balance my time out. I have loved the social aspect of college. I always enjoy meeting new people, and I have made so many great friends. Having a Christian environment was a key factor for me, and I definitely feel that here. All the classes are also great, and the teachers are very helpful. Overall, I am definitely loving college so far, and I look forward to the rest of my years here. I know it has already been valuable, and there is even more to come.

Someone who likes big schools, lots of parties, and not attending class. The campus is liqour free and attendance is a big part of the grade one receives at the end of the semester.

I like that the school is small and that the professors really get to know you on a personal level. You are a name to them and not just a number. Also, I like the friendships I have made while attending school there, and also furthering my athletic experience in college.

If I would sit down with a future college student, I would tell them to visit all the optional college campuses. If they have narrowed it down to only a couple, they should visit them each once for sure, maybe twice. In my experience of visiting the campus, I knew right when I arrived that I wanted to be there. Oakland City University is a small church based campus, but they do not exclude you if you do not believe in the same religion. Also, pick the right size for you. Big campuses can be very overwhelming, especially if you are from a small area. Next, get involved with the school. I do not mean you have to sign up for every club, but when you are asked to join or play on an intramural team, for example, do it. Those experiences are the best thing that will happen to you. Lastly, be open to everything. Making new friends is one of the most exciting experiences. It gets your juices flowing, makes you nervous, but you will end up with some of the best friends, and those friendships will last a lifetime.

Mindy

My classmates are helpful, dependable, and enjoyable to be around.

My classmates are helpful, dependable, and enjoyable to be around.

Go around and check out the different campuses. Sit in a class period or two. Also, talk to students that currently attend that school and see what they think about it.

A person who likes to drink alcohol and wants to attend a large college .

Katherine

Make it the best that you can. Choose the one that you think is the best for you.

There are not enough job opportunities in Oakland City and it is boring on the weekends.

I tell them that my teachers are amazing and that it is one of the best education schools around.

Oakland City University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.