Marion, OH
Ohio State University-Marion Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ohio State University-Marion Campus

Logan

It is a great university with small classes and a diverse group of people. The professors are great and easy to contact and reach out to. There is no on campus housing so you will have to live off campus but that tends to be a lot cheaper anyways. Most people transfer to Ohio state main campus after their first year.

Amy

My overall opinion of Ohio State University-Marion Campus is that it is a great school if you are wanting to start out small and then transfer down to Main campus to finish out your education. I find all of my professors and academic advisors extremely helpful and supportive in the decisions that I make.

Meg

It’s a campus of smaller and more interactive classes. All of my professors are very willing to help it and answer questions! I love the different places they have to study and the cute activities they always have around campus. It’s overall a very interactive and caring campus.

Tonya

I love the Ohio State University-Marion campus. The class sizes are small so it makes it easier to have some one on one time with the professors if need be, if you have a question about something specific the professor is happy to sit down and talk through it with you, which I do not feel like you can really get this on a bigger campus. The professors really get to know you which helps a lot when you are having trouble in the class, because then you can have a real conversation with the professor instead of their assistant or not at all. The community itself is very close, I see at least 5 familiar faces every day on campus if not more. You are more likely to know the people in your classes or even in the same major as you since the campus is so small. One thing that I would really like to see on campus however is some food options other than the vending machines that we have, other than that the campus is great.

Andrew

I am a sophomore and have really liked attending the Marion branch of OSU so far. I will be going to main campus Fall 2017 but attending a small branch for my first couple years has benefited me. The small classes make

Kyle

good campus for those living nearby. If you have to get housing, what is offered is limited. The teachers for the most part are great, and the lass size is good. No food offered on campus or on campus housing though. Marion is a small community without much to do.

Like I said before, I lacked the financial aid to attend OSU main campus because I was unaware of the scholarship opportunities available and I didn’t realize how important my ACT scores were when applying to schools. Always being a great student at the top of my class, and I thought I wouldn’t need to practice for standardized tests, but later found that I couldn’t preform under the pressure. Even though I am a smart individual who is highly capable, my ACT score did not reflect my potential, and because of that, I received no financial aid. I also relied too much on others to inform me of outside scholarships. I qualified for many and had a good chance of receiving some, but missed my opportunity by not applying. My biggest regrets are not taking the initiative to find scholarships and not adequately preparing for the standardized tests. The most important advice I could give that I wish I had known myself is that you must work hard and search to find opportunities. An intelligent and capable person has the potential for greatness, but they won't achieve success unless they take the initiative to obtain it.

I originally applied to OSU’s main campus, but later transferred to OSU Marion due to lack of finances, and couldn’t have been happier. OSU Marion offers a strong connection with the main branch and follows the same course syllabi for the corresponding classes offered there. I’m getting a huge university experience at a small school for half the price. Affordability is a major perk to Marion, but my favorite thing about the campus is the amazing professors and staff. They are all very helpful, personable, and they show a genuine enthusiasm for each student and their success.

I lacked the financial aid to attend main campus because I was unaware of all the scholarship opportunities out there. I relied too much on others to inform me, and because of that, my biggest regret is not taking the initiative to find them myself. The most important advice I could give to others that I wish I could have known myself is that you must work hard and search to find opportunities. An intelligent and capable person has the potential for greatness, but they won't achieve success unless they take the initiative to obtain it.

Chelsea

I would have told my self to work harder on math, and plan better finacially as well as accademically. Also I would have better prepaird myself for classes and living situations I would be getting my self into.

A person who likes a small school settting, attention from teachers, and a peaceful learnogn enviornment.

I most often am telling people about the setting. It is a small settign with limited class sizes, so the attention from teachers is great and accesable.

Kylen

Dream big and never let anyone tell you, you cant succeed. As a high school senior it is so important to set goals and plan for your future. When you set goals its impossible to fail. Most importantly, do not slack off your senior year. Every grade counts. Colleges care alot about your grades not just your SAT and ACT scores. While your in high school, take advantage of your resources. Your teachers are available to help you write your admission and scholarship essays. Counselors are available to give you information about colleges of your interest. Last but not least go on college visits to discover which colleges are right for you. Be very cautious when picking a school. Make sure it favors your major. Take my advice and you will go far!

Brista

If I could go back in time to my high school self, I wish I could say, start early on everything, because deadlines are taken very serious in college. I would have finished things early so I had time to do other tasks. This would have kept me organized, prepared me for the franticness of college life, and would have given me more time to sign up for tons more scholarships. If I filled out more scholarships outside of the ones offered at my school, I could have, possibly, not taken out a large loan for my tuition. The college life is, regretful to say, a large financial burden, and it would have helped if I got more grants or scholarships to get me through the expenses. I could have, also, started apply for scholarships my junior year so I would have had a better chance at getting some.

I wish I knew how big of a financial burden it is to go to college. I would have filled out a lot more scholarships outside the ones offered at my high school.

Although small classroom environments are great, my college tends to run out of room for students who need certain classes to graduate with their desired degree, which may put them behind a whole year.

Ohio State University-Marion Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.