Orange County Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Orange County Community College

Onida

Orange County Community College is a great stepping stone in finding out what you want to pursue in life. Not only is the college affordable the professors are available and very friendly. A lot of my friends from high school attend SUNY Orange and there are so many clubs to interact with so I don't feel isolated. The overal war,th of the college is a plus.

Leonela

it is a awesome college,. the professors are very helpful. the class are not full so if you have a question it can be answered. the students are very friendly the help you and are very kind there are tutors that are always there to help you if you need help

Jayme

The college is located between five and ten minutes away from two major highways so it is easily accessible to students from many areas. A new building was added to the campus about two years ago that offers new equipment and a new food service area as well. What I value the most about SUNY Orange is the communication. Students are updated on a regular basis about upcoming events and any schedule changes or closings. We also get alerted immediately via text message and/or email if there is an emergency which is very important to me. Being a commuter school, finding a parking space in the morning can be a bit of a hassle. Luckily, a new parking garage was added about two years ago. It is located directly across the street from one of the main buildings so students don't have to walk far in the cold. The professors at the school are very knowledgeable and helpful. I have been attending the school for about four years now and out of every professor that I have had there was only one that I was not too fond of. Overall, I am very impressed with SUNY Orange and would encourage other students to come for a visit to see if it is a fit for them.

Erika

SUNY Orange is a great 2 year school. Many people like to put you down for going to a two year school. What I have to say is that there is nothing wrong with a 2 year school. Education is education everywhere. I chose SUNY Orange and I am living at home which is also normal! Not only do I live at home but SUNY Orange is only 10 minutes away from my job which is great! I chose SUNY Orange and I don't regret it.

roselynn

SUNY Orange is a great school to attend because it provides the opportunity to grow both intellectually and emotionally, close to home. The staff is sweet and always helpful, the facilities are better than most, and there are plenty of resources for whatever one needs. Overall, I think this is a great school to begin furthering your education

moses

I love it, its fun just going to class there hasn't been a day i haven't met someone new and enjoyed every class every day there is something going on in the quad even when there its that many people at the school on spefic days it will still feel lively the professors are always open to talk.

Alyssa

I have been attending OCCC since August of 2018, and I have enjoyed every day. Yes it is very hard, but all of my professors have met my learning needs and have helped me in every way that they could. I enjoy the classes, the teachers, the friends made at school, and just the overall feel. I really like being there.

Haley

Orange Country Community College is home to me, and the honors community is especially wonderful. Most professors are fun and quirky, and encourage discussion and creativity. Clubs are widely attended and extremely useful for both social and intellectual stimulation. Many enjoyable and educational events can be found on campus all year, and the arts community thrives there. The honors program encourages students to be their best selves, and promotes community and campus involvement as well as academic excellence. This school is for everyone, and especially for me!

Jackie

Overall I am satisfied with what Orange Coast College has offered to me and what opportunities I have gained from attending this college for two years. I do believe that it has its flaws and one of those being the counselors not being as knowledgeable about transferring​ as they should be. They are currently remodeling and I am excited for the future students to be able to experience the new buildings. I think this is one of the best community colleges you could possibly attend. The professors are overall there to help you and there are a multitude of clubs and activities provided if you are interested in being involved. OCC is a great school and sets its students up for success.

Jazmin

It's a pretty decent school. I don't like the fact that the financial aid faculty doesn't really help with providing assistance when you're not able to receive financial aid. You're own your own when you have to pay these school bills. Other then that, my teacher's are great. They truly seem to care about the students and their education.

Jonny

It is a great school to begin college and learn the basics of what you want to learn.

Jeanne

Orange County Community College, also known as SUNY Orange is a small, and easy to navigate campus. This school is a great option for those who are wanting to save money on college. After my first semester I was invited to join the honors program as well as join the international honor society Phi Theta Kappa. This allowed me to gain thousands of dollars in scholarships that I can put towards the school I will be attending after SUNY Orange.

Isabella

Orange County Community College is a very safe place, even when you don't feel safe on the college campus, there will be on site police able to help when you feel it is needed. The buildings are gorgeous and kept up to date, the surrounding environment adds to the beauty as well, the buildings are kept close to each other with maps around campus to help, so you don't feel extremely lost when walking around. The students are also very accepting of each other, they're very vocal and help those in need, and listen to others opinions and personal interests, so you don't feel out of place or uncomfortable.

Brianna

The school is only a two year school so it doesn't have all the perks. The teachers have generally all been good. The advising and billing department really need to do better. Myself and others have been given misinformation several times. It's a good school for saving money but I don't think too highly of it.

Miranda

It is a good school to start off at, however as a final stop before going into a career it may not be the best. It is perfect for a student who has a good idea of what they want to do in the future, but what to test other options or see if that is they major they truly wish to pursue. There is a lot of good campus activities, however there is very little advertising or communication so unless you actively go out of your way to learn about them you will not know.