Melbourne, AR
Ozarka College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ozarka College

Allison

It is a very open school with a lot of educational opportunities in a variety of different career fields.

I like the school and enjoy the company of the students and my co-workers. I like the fact that is a small school and small community. I like the fact that there is not only a place to get food on campus but there is a Subway and Sonic just down the road.

Victoria

I love Ozarka College. For being only in college for one semester, I am in love with this college. I was scared to start college, but my professors have helped me any way that they could. This is a great place to start furthering your education. Five stars

Isabel

My overall opinion of Ozarka is that it is a good college for the price. I wouldn't pick to go to a community college like Ozarka if I could go directly to a four year school, but since I have limited finances, I needed to go to a school close enough to home to be able to drive and that had low enough tuition to work for me. I've enjoyed my teachers overall although I have gotten a couple that either make the class too easy or seem to want to sit back and not have to do much work. The worst teachers I had were for some of the online classes I took.

The stereotype for Ozarka students would probably be that they are poor. I don't think that is necessarily the case because college is becoming so expensive that many middle class people are seeking more economical alternatives. However, I would say that many are poor or were poor and came from broken up families. Many even have learning disabilities from having been on drugs or from childhood trauma.

There really aren't that many student groups and activities at Ozarka. I've never really been involved in the few that there are, so I really can't say much for them.

Students at Ozarka often have bad study habits. A small fraction of the student body really studies hard and knows how to take good notes. I think that many of the students have a bad attitude. They just want to get through a class with a C and earn their degree so that they can get a job. There are also a large number that are older adults who are returning to school after ten or more years away from college. Many of these older students are going into nursing.

Academics really vary at Ozarka. Some teachers will have classes that are well planned, are challenging, and have quality materials. Other classes are very poorly planned and the teacher doesn't seem to want students to ask questions or engage in the material. I would say that a little over half of my teachers were good or excellent and the other less than half were poor to very bad.

Jon

I would talk to more college advisors to really understand what I had to do, instead of trying to do it all by myself. I would also really try and develop skills that would help me attain scholarships such as, sports, singing, music, and anyother talent I had. I also would have applied to more scholarships than I did. Many times I did things at the spur of the moment instead of thinking things through.

Angel

Helping students of all ages

Helping students of all ages

First, would be to STAY in High School, and get that and go to college. It is one of the few most important milestones and it feels GREAT to know that YOU can accomplish something. Don't be scared to TRY!

About getting scholarships and grants, as students loans are going to hurt later on.

Ozarka College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.