Champaign, IL
Parkland College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Parkland College

Jae

The classes in Parkland are small sized, compared to large universities. Therefore, the students who seek for academical improvement with closely related care of teachers would benefit enormously due to this environment. There also are a lot of chances to speak up, due to the size of the classes. Also, I really loved Parkland's system of tutoring students for free; students who are outstanding at certain fields of studies are qualified to work at Parkland to tutor those who are having trouble in those fields, and it's really helping me out. The writing labs are also helpful.

I wish that I had known before I came to this school about extracurricular activities. I look forward to learning life-like experiences in community colleges. Whereas 4-year universities focus mainly on academics, there are a lot of stuents in community colleges that work and study at the same time, and those who aren't financially able to pay for those universities. Therefore, I believe that community colleges like Parkland should provide opportunities such as internships, job experience, job interviews, and etc. According to my one semester's experience at Parkland, there weren't enough information about those.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself in senior year, I would first advise myself to seriously think about and decide what I really want to do in my future. Many highschool students and college students live without setting their ultimate goals in their lives, and I was no exception. Praying with tears every weekends, I now finally have a goal and this is motivating me to challenge myself to achieve this goal. If I found this goal earlier, I could've motivate myself more and look for colleges that fit me the best, not those that have prestigious names, financial support, or friends. When seniors can set their goals earlier, the environment and experiences provided by the colleges would be the first characteritics that I would look for when I'm searching for the right college. Enthusiastic professors, life-like experiences, and vigorous club activities will cause more students to become more passionate and to learn more about achieving their goals. Since these students are more likely to have the students who have the same interest, I will be more motivated and become more enthusiastic with those who share the same dreams.

David

My classmates are very knowledgeable people who will do their best to learn the material.

I would tell myself to do more research as far as education after Parkland College so that any worrying that takes place would simply be about getting assignments turned in on time and learning the material. I would also say to not procrastinate on assignments and split large tasks into smaller ones. The longer you wait to complete a task, the more difficult it becomes. Make all the friends you can while in college as well. Not only is maintaining a healthy social life important, but your friends may be able to help you out whenever you least expect it or vice versa. Lastly, don't stress about the small stuff since it might not be as bad as you think if looked at in a different perspective.

Anyone who knows what they want to do, but isn't completely sure if it is best for them should attend Parkland College. It is less expensive to take classes for a given major at Parkland and switch majors than it would be to go to a 4 year university and switch majors. Parkland is also a good choice for those graduating high school because it eases the transition into the college/university student lifestyle.

April-Hope

Just like me! They are students who want a subsidized education because they understand the value of a dollar. I went to a private four year school last year and I wish I'd started here at Parkland.

When I was a high school senior, I was afraid to attend college. My parents couldn't help me at all financially, and I applied for dozens of scholarships. I finally ended up at the University of Tulsa, a small private college in Oklahoma, with a lot of scholarships. When the recession hit, my parents' credit rating went down and I had no one to cosign on my loans for the remaining balance. Government aid helped a little, but nowhere near enough. I began attending Parkland Community College this year, and I'm so glad I did. Here, people like me understand the value of a dollar and an education. Even though some of my friends from high school are embarrased to speak with me because I went to community college, I know it was the best decision for me and my family. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself not to be embarrased to go to community college for the first two years of my education. Not only would I have found a better fit for myself earlier; I would have fewer student loans today.

I wish I'd known about the Parkland Pathway Program.

Parkland College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.