Parkland College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Parkland College

Dasha

Parkland College is a very good community college for students. The staff is amazing, and the professors are very attentive to their students, and their students need. Their always available to help students with academic planning, and tutoring at all times. The college community is very clean, and neat. The classes are a nice size, it's not too many students at all. You're able to have one-on-one time with your professor, and ask as many questions in class if needed.

Lyseone

Since I started attending Parkland Community College in the fall. I didn't know what i was expecting of my first year. How the class would look like or if im going to like my professors. I have learned a lot about the school. The class sizes are really good its not very crowded and you have space to breath. All my professors were always available for any questions in class or outside of class. My FYE 101 professor had a very big impact on me. He talked about things I was interested to hear and I was able to use all those information and apply it somewhere else including my other classes. On my first essay which was a career paper I wrote about what I always wanted to be when I grow up or if any of those dreams changed. My professor he wrote some comments on my paper, which was helpful for me to start looking for internships at the hospital and get the feel in the medical field. Since I always wanted to be a nurse since I was little.

Haillie

I think Parkland College is a good first step into the college life. It's a community college, which is great for getting gen-eds done and earning your associate degree due to it being cheaper than typical four year universities; although the tuition per credit hour does seem to go up almost every year. The classes are a nice size, neither too large nor small. They average around 20 students a class, which is the perfect amount in my opinion.

muriel emma

Parkland is a great place for people to get an education while saving a lot of money. It's a geat place to get to know new people and have a great start with college. It offers various activities where student can get involved and have fun. It helps you to prepare for university.

Mia

I believe Parkland was a great choice for me because I wasn't ready for a huge university of classes that can get up to 100+ students at once, where the professor may or may not know your name.. It's a slow transition where everyone knows everyone, you can relate to other students and faculty and I love it.

Mia

This is my first semester at Parkland College and, already, I have only positive things to say about the school. When I stepped inside the entrance to the main building, I was nervous and questioning my sanity for thinking I could handle a full load of classes. Despite this hesitation, I walked in and found that the staff was extremely friendly and ready to help with anything I needed to get through that rough first day. Since then, the staff continues to always be available and ready to help me with anything I struggle with.

Keri

Honestly for the price I couldnt ask for better. All of my classes and teachers have been very helpful and I learn a lot of useful stuff to apply to jobs. I have had so much fun attending and I love to work with my professors. On my one of .y classes so far has felt like I didn't get my money's worth but I still learnt a lot.

Anthony

I think that Parkland College is a splendid college. It has many unique people that attend and some I would gladly become friends with. The teachers are very reasonable and easy to get along with in my opinion. I would recommend this college to others who don't know where to go in my local area.

Colleen

I really enjoy being a student at Parkland College. There are plenty of organizations to join and lots to keep you busy. At Parkland College there are options if you want to work on campus. I work as a student ambassador. I give tours and help at events held a Parkland College. I have never felt unsafe at Parkland College. We have excellent facilities. The school is always kept very clean. The students are nice and like to work in groups inside and outside of the classroom. Parkland College is also a lot cheaper than most colleges. The class size at Parkland is about 20 and you always have a teacher teaching you. Unlike most bigger Universities at Parkland College you will never have a TA teaching a class. The professors at Parkland College are very nice. I have loved all of my professors. They are always respond to emails in a timely manner. The professors are very ready and willing to meet with you outside of their office hours to ensure that you are understanding the information. There are a lot of really great study spots all around campus. At any time during the day you can always find a great study spot. The third floor of the library is a quiet zone and is perfect for studying. I have loved my time at Parkland. I would recommend that any student considering going to college should consider going to a community college. It has been very beneficial to my college career.

Eilish

This place is very cheap, but also very low quality. I feel dumber after leaving here. It's a great place if you work a lot. The coursework was so easy I was able to work 60-70 hours a week and still get straight A's. Some teachers didn't have office hours while others were not available during their office hours. The coursework is extremely watered down. Ive seen cars broken into and fights happen in the parking lot. The staff in the library were not very helpful and often rude. The food in the cafeteria is extremely over priced.

Awele

Parkland College is a great place to begin your college career. They provide a good foundation for your future. To improve, they could have more services for health professions that plan on transferring. If the University of Illinois is a school you are interested in then Parkland is great place to start. There is a Parkland Pathway Program which allows you to transfer to the U of I to complete your degree. This gives students access to the Parkland and U of I facilities.

Jordyn

Parkland College is a good place to start your education to get you into the speed of college. Every class I have had have been less than thirty five people which is great because then students have a little more one on one with the teacher and are able to ask questions or get help if needed. Teachers are great with posting office hours and working around them if a necessary for a student. The only complaint I Have is with the academic advisors. The advisors never seem to be on the same page and i feel like every time I got talk to them they are telling em something different than what the previous advisor had told me. I even had one advisor tell me that i could not go into social work because I was not a man and would not be strong enough. I do not feel like it is their job to tell me what I can and cannot do based on my appearance. It would have been one thing if my grades weren't supporting my idea of a major. Parkland would be ab great community college if they could get their advisors on the same page and keep what they tell students consistent.

Joshua Kyle

The most important thing I love about Parkland College is the small class sizes. It is a 19:1 student to instructor ratio, and there is more conversation between the instructor and the student for more attention in the classroom. I am also happy about the academic support systems Parkland offers. I am in the TRiO Program, an academic program mainly for first generational students like myself to get extra help with their classes by tutors or have time to start and/or finish their coursework.

Richard

Parkland college has been an amazing experience for me. The students have been friendly and engaging, and the instructors are knowledgeable and always there to answer any questions I have! The classes are engaging and very adaptive to learning styles of the students I have seen so far. I definitely recommend parkland to everyone.

Brandy

Parkland College is a great two-year junior college to attend. Overall the instructors are very knowledgeable and want their students to succeed. The campus is a little tricky to navigate, but is okay once you get the hang of the layout. There are a variety of student services including my favorite: online academic counseling.