Pennsylvania Highlands Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Pennsylvania Highlands Community College

I have never had such great, supportive professors than the ones I have had during my time at Pennsylvania Highlands Community College. I love the supportive environment and friendly staff at the college. Their variety of classes and flexibility have made it a lot easier for me to get through each semester while working an almost full time job.

Jill

PennHighlands is a great school for someone like me who is trying to raise three children and get through college. They are very flexible with having on campus classes, online classes, video classes, and much more. This school is affordable & they teachers and staff are great at what they do.

Hunter

Overall Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is a perfect place to start one's own college journey. It is very quiet and simple for a starter college so one can easily focus on their studies. Along with this professors are fun and helpful at the same time. Though lacking in some areas, Penn Highlands is overall a great experience

Adrianne

Pennsylvania Highlands Community College was the best choice for me. I had no idea what I wanted to do when I got out of high school. I also didn't want to go into heavy debt. The teachers and the athletic director are awesome. I became involved in the student government, cheerleading, cross country and volunteered with ABLE a group that helps young adults with special needs. I was president of their Leadership group. This school has given me confidence in myself as I move onto my next chapter in my life.

Jenna

I love going to Penn Highlands! I feel I'm getting a terrific education! The staff is super friendly and our teachers are really relaxed! Plus it's cheaper than going to a four year right out of High School and my credits can transfer to a lot of places!

When I graduated high school in 2017, I made my motto: "go big or go home." I refused to apply to community college despite my mothers' never-ending persuasion. I applied for a prestigious, yes, but expensive school in the city. The University of Pittsburgh is housed in the center of Pittsburgh, PA, one of the biggest cities in North America. I was born in a tiny town about 80 miles Southeast of there. Johnstown, Pennsylvania. Not somewhere you want to stay after high school. Especially not with dreams as big as mine... So, I graduated and packed my bags and moved to Pittsburgh. I left my mom, my best friends, and my little hometown and got out of there as fast as I could. I was two months in when I almost failed out. After a serious accident, I took a medical cancellation and headed back to my tiny town. I didn't return to school for two years after. I'd like to blame the accident, but I know I was terrified of failing yet again. Finally, I filled out the application for Penn Highlands. I figured, take the classes I needed and get out of there. I was already ready to leave again. Apparently, I hadn't learned the first time. Anyways, my first week at PHCC was surreal. It was something I hadn't experienced at UPitt. My professors asked questions about me, my family, my friends, and my dreams. And they genuinely cared about the answers. Staff at the school stopped me in the hallways to ask how my first semester was going. My adviser checked in with me repeatedly to see if I needed anything. Even the cafe workers always had something encouraging to say. I've never felt so connected at a place outside of my house. I've never felt as cared about, loved, and respected as I do walking in those front doors. Penn Highlands has changed my life for the better. It's given me the life I have forever dreamed about. It made me realize that I can make my dreams come true, even as a small town girl. It made me realize that where I belong is in a small, close knit community, surrounded by people just like me. I've grown to love PHCC as a second home. And for once in my life, I truly dread the day I'll have to leave Johnstown, PA.

Bethany

They’re a very nice and professional school. I’m not always pleased with some of the communication factors! Sometimes it’s hard to talk to someone or get answers about scheduling. Other than those few minor complaints they are a very nice and we’ll put together school.