Malibu, CA
Pepperdine University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pepperdine University

Ryan

Beautiful academically focused school above the ocean.

Beautiful academically focused school above the ocean.

Mostly wealthy or upper middle class.

College IS better, but it will come with its own set of flaws. Learn this about yourself right now: Sometimes the problem is not the circumstance you are in, but YOU. Not everything is perfect or can be perfect, but look at the benefits.

shantal

College is exactly what you make it to be. The basis of college life is that you are surrounded by mountains of potential, and it is your choice and your choice alone which one you will climb. College life seeks to present you with every opportunity that it can, from classes and free lectures to job opportunities and social events. There is so much more to college than just education, though that is still important. The memories you create, decisions you make, people you meet, and paths you take are all building blocks that make you the individual you are. With this in mind, don't go to college expecting growth and success to come to you; you must choose among the many opportunites around you and go chase after your goals and desires. Work hard forand enjoy the things that matter to you, and try to realize that everything matters. Everything, from the essays you write and the firends you make to the plays you attend and the books you read matter. Whatever you do, don't waste the potential that college holds for you. Do the work. Have an adventure. Truly live the college life.

There are so many incredible opportunites here at Pepperdine, and each student is able to choose the programs and activities that interest them the most. Not only does that enrich our experience here, but it also helps us meet people who share the same interests. Life here is such an adventure! I'm only a freshman and I've already done things that I wouldn't have been able to do otherwise, and met many incredible people.

I wouldn't change a thing about what I knew before I came here. Becoming familiar with Pepperdine University through experiences rather than explanations is a journey that I treasure.

Rennan

Classmates at Pepperdine are friendly and eager to learn and to help their classmates learn.

People who want to party and do drugs all the time should not attend this school.

I would tell myself to always live in the moment. I know that sounds cheesy but as I've been in college and gotten older I've learner to take every opportunity that is thrown at me and I wish I would've done that in high school. I would tell myself that family is so important but having friends is also very important. I would tell myself to take more AP classes and take the AP exam seriously because it helps out so much with credits in college! I would also tell myself to not think of what others think, to do what your heart wants and it doesn't matter if people judge you! People will be judging you your whole life.

Pepperdine is a University focused on making a difference in the world by giving students, like myself, unique opportunities to develop leadership skills through personal relationships with professors, study abroad experiences, internships, and through community service projects showing God's love to others.

With its small student to teacher ratio, strong Christian values, campus overlooking the ocean, study abroad programs, and outstanding education, there is not much to be frustrated by with Pepperdine except for the cost. I am thankful for the amazing opportunity to attend this school, and I will continue to trust God to provide for me financially.

Mackenzie

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of school spirit. The sports teams at Pepperdine are highly talented, yet a vast majority of the student body does not care to attend games and support out athletes.

I most often brag about the location of my school. Our campus is gorgeous and the city of Malibu is a fantastic place to live. I can walk to the beach from campus. LA and Santa Monica are only a 30 to 45 minute drive away giving us a variety of options for activities on the weekends.

The advice I would give to myself would be to get involved in more activities on campus. I held off on joining many activities my first semester because I did not want to overload myself. However, I missed out on many amazing opportunities, and missed out on meeting some wonderful people.

Kelly

It will get better. That's something you always hear when people are going through a rough time. You've heard it and said it a bunch of times. But how much do you believe it? When you go to college, things really will get better. How? Because in college, your reputation matters to only you. In high school, you worried so much about what people thought of you. So much that you were paralyzed into being someone you weren't fully comfortable being. So much that you weren't able to do things you wanted to do. So much that you ended up with a bunch of emotional baggage in college. It's gonna be a tough wall to break but when you do, you realize you are bound by nothing in your goals. And you make new goals because you discover things about yourself that you didn't let yourself in high school. No one can stop you from finding yourself and setting, pursuing, and achieving your goals: that's the mentality you want to have in college. Why? Because college is a new start. It's the start of your new life. And it will be better.

Pepperdine tends to be a lonely place, despite the general happiness and kindness of the students. It's not super easy to put yourself out there, especially coming from the high school mentality. There's an understanding that everyone has their own path to follow too. Everyone works hard for their goals and as a result there is a feeling of loneliness.

People who want to party all the time.

People who want to party all the time.

A Christian who is dedicated to making a difference in the world.

I would tell myself to sleep, to focus more on homework, and to enjoy being young without financial responsiblity or real-world stressors. I would tell myself to keep dreaming, because dreams really are attainable! Never in high school would I have imagine I would've accomplished all that I ralready have as a sophomore in college. Lastly, I would tell myself not to sweat the little things, because life is intentional and wonderful and worthy of living!!

Lindsay

Love to Learn, learn to be thankful, be thankful to live, live to love: if I could go back, this is what I would tell my high school self. It's silly to say but my self-worth as a student was dependent on a 4.0 scale. I lacked the fervent desire to learn simply for the sake of learning. The ability to love learning triumphs any number or letter grade. After I left my hometown and experienced life in a different setting, I realized all which I had missed and had forgotten to appreciate. Step back, open your mind, look outside yourself and learn to be thankful. Life is a difficult, extroardinary, precious and brief gift; go, do, and see but treat it as such! Loss taught me to embrace all facets of life. The term "agape" is a Greek term which describes love in the most selfless way possible. Living life in such a way where agape, this type of love, is expressed will enhance one's life in the fullest form. Learn, be thankful, live, love.

I would highly reccommend Pepperdine to well-rounded students who desire a small classroom atmosphere, value staff and student relationships, enjoy participating in multiple extra-curricular activities, have a strong committment to community service, have more conservatively based values and morals, and who enjoy tanning on the beach, eating acai bowls and surfing in the beautiful Pacific Ocean.

When bragging about my school, I relish being able to tell them about the truly wonderful, stand-out people who attend, have attended or teach there. Pepperdine has a knack for drawing gregarious, charismatic, beautiful and well-rounded people who share many hopes of bettering themselves, the community and our world; something which I have yet to hear about any other institution of higher education.

Jacob

My classmates are passionate people who love to invest in realtionships, projects, and endeavors that are bound to have a lasting impact on the world around them.

The best thing about Pepperdine University is their adept international programs that allow students to study abroad at a number of Pepperdine University campuses around the world, including Florence, Buenos Aires, Laussane, London, and Shanghai. Pepperdine strongly encourages students to study abroad in order to expand their global perspectives, build new relationships, and stimulate spiritual and intellectual growth. The way that the Pepperdine community emphasizes this pivitol time to exprience a new culuture is one of the things that make the school so great.

In my opinion the majority of people on this planet aren't really living, they are merely existing. Living entails much more than settling in to mundane familiarity; it means spending your years as a curious student of this planet, seeking to know and experience everything it has to offer. This is what the transition to college has taught me, and this is what I wish I had known as a high school senior. There is so much more to life than stressing about social status, GPA's, and acceptance letters. Invest in relatiobships, be curious, and don't let the pressures of school keep you from seeking the things that you are passionate about.

Meshelle

Do not stress as much. Even though college is a transition and the classes are a lot different than high school, if you prepare yourself in high school properly then you will have nothing to worry about in college except making sure that you get to class on time.

The view is to me the best thing about this school. Wherever you go on campus you are surrounded by the scenic background that is Malibu. I am grateful that i am able to attend such a beautiful university.

Pepperdine University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.