Peru State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Peru State College

Marivelle

I chose Peru State College because of the compassionate and friendly professors and current college students. With tuition at a somewhat low rate, Peru State College provides a great sense of community. The campus is one of the prettiest you will ever see, Peru State College isn't called the Campus of a Thousand Oaks for nothing. That being said, there are many things that are not spoken of when you come on tour here. No one mentions that this college is a party college or that even though this campus has a diverse variety of students, it can sometimes seem to cater to only specific students.

Denise

A small college known for 150 years in a small town. As Nebraska's oldest college, we pride ourselves in our history, academia, athletics, campus tours, campus activities, clubs, and relationships with each other and the community. Students can easily identify their professors due to a teacher to student ratio of 1:23, attend weekly activities, choose from a variety of classes, and feel like part of a big family called Bobcat Nation!

Journie

Peru State College is fantastic! I love how helpful and kind all the faculty and staff are. The campus is beautiful, especially in the fall. You get to know your classmates and create connections that will last a lifetime. Peru State College has been one of the best desicions of my life!

Christopher

I absolutely love it. There are plenty of people to meet, and many clubs to join. If they don't have a club you want, you can just start it up yourself. Many people are open to your ideas. It is quite small, though. Which is what I love the most. The school invests a lot of financing to make the campus look beautiful. We are the school of 1,000 oaks, and it is beautiful because of it.

Angel

Peru State College is great if you're looking for a small school. The staff and students really get along and interact with each other. Getting extra help is very simple, you just have to ask. I would recommend people that want to feel 'at home' and in a close knit community at their college to come to peru state.

Sydney

I chose to attend Peru State because of the cost. In comparison to other colleges, Peru is pretty affordable and provides quite a bit of scholarship. There are many opportunities to lead on campus. Class sizes are small and because of this, I'm able to communicate very easily with my professors and get one-on-one help if needed. The course rotation can be a pain since some classes aren't offered as much as they need to be. My least favorite part of the campus is its location. It's an hour away from any big cities. The nearest Walmart is a 20-minute drive.

Kristen

I think that Peru State College is a wonderful college. I enrolled completely online so that I could stay close to family. The teachers I've had have been great. Each one has been extremely helpful, as well as advisers and deans. This college has made me exceed my expectations of what I thought I could do.

Alynah

The atmosphere is one of family. Everyone is close, everyone knows each other, but that also means you keep no secrets. Everyone knows everyones business. The sports aren't very good, but there's nothing else to do on campus, but support your peers. I play volleyball, and all the athletes hangout and are very close. Bottom line, is Peru, NE is in the middle of nowhere, but if you want to focus only on school, this is the place to be!

Alisha

I love this College. I am planning on going here next fall. I love how small the campus is and that everything is all in one place, especially how the dorms are next to the cafeteria. Peru State is a teachers college. They care about the students and want you to do your very best and because they want you to do your very best they are there for you if you need help.

Nicholas

Peru State College has been an excellent home for me for the last three years. I love the small campus size, the friendly staff/faculty, and the ability to get involved in any/everything. Academics are of extreme importance, and with the availability of faculty, tasks feel much more achievable. This college is very affordable in comparison of other Nebraska colleges and I would certainly recommend anyone interested in higher education to visit PSC.

Chris

I wasted three years of my life only to be in debt and jobless. I got straights A's. This goes to show ya how useless College is, especially this school

lari

Stay away from peru state college. Their staffs do not care about the students. I remembered that girl Kaelia Shae Nelson. The school did not care about her mental disorder. They did not help her when she was in need. Even though they had many red flags, they did not do anything. She hanged herself in her room.  I used to live in Oak Hill Apartment. Every night the place smells like weed. However, with a lack of activities on campus. The students spent most of their time drinking and smoking weed. The School Staffs knew about it, but again they did not do anything. I knew another girl. One day, she told me that she wanted to kill herself because of the way some students and staffs treated her. Fortunately, she moved with her parents to another state. She did not graduate at Peru State College. I knew another college student. They accused him of rape. The president of Peru State College wrote an article online about the student. They put his full name and a picture of him online. That student was not guilty. They did not apologize or care.  You can Google this story as well. One student got killed. Her body was never found. Also, be careful of Deann Bayne. She is a racist KKK pig and She doesn’t know anything about her job. I know Peru State College is cheap for students, but this school is not a good investment. If I could I would send that worthless degree back to them and get a full refund. It's too late now.  I wasted my time, my money, and energy in this place.  Do not make the same mistake. Go to a better school. Your life and future depend on it.

savannah

I chose Peru State because I wanted something small that you could really feel a community atmosphere. That's exactly what I got! It truly feels like a home away from home. People are so kind, classes are enjoyable, and it really just gives a positive and upbeat feeling any time of day. It's the best place for me to be for this stage of my life.

brigantins

I LOVE PERU STATE COLLEGE. I SPENT THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFE THERE.

Great college with helpful professors and support staff. I just recently transfferred but so far I love it. The last college I went to was money hungry and not very helpful but Peru State is not like that at all. The classes are very affordable and the support staff are super helpful and friendly.