Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

Sebrina

Pima Community College is best known for it's Associate degree in Business Administration. Last semester, every transfer student from PCC that applied to Eller College at the University of Arizona was accepted! The advisors at Pima are very helpful in explaining what is required of each student and also what is expected of them. The ABA is a fantastic program at Pima Comunity College and every staff member is famous for helping interested students obtain a degree in this feild.

If I could go back in time and tell myself about college life, I wouldn't do it. College is something that each individual should go into clueless and full of curiosity. My freshman year was one of my most memorable: form getting lost in the halls to forgetting about quizzes to losing important lecture notes. I think that one of the most important things that a college freshman acquires is their eventual sense of understanding and enlightenment after all of the confusing chaos has cleared. If I was informed of what was ahead in time as a senior in high school, I don't think that I would have ever felt the feelings of experience and confidence that I feel today. It is for that reason that I would not change a thing.

My favorite thing about Pima was the knowledge that every one of my instructors had to offer. I never left a classroom feeling bored or as if I had wasted a portion of my life. I am very happy with what I have learned so far in my college experience from each one of these people. It breaks my heart knowing that I now have to move on to a four-year institution and leave Pima behind. However, I'm looking forward to the bigger and better opportunities that are coming my way!

tony

do not drop out and dont be dum life sucks with out school do not lisen to your frands work hard and just do it u no im right

the kids thers a lot of tham that did not have to work to get there so thay do not work to satay

Shalina

Shalina Raquel Aguirre. It's me, or should I say you. You are currently facing the transition you have had in sight since Kindergarden, when they told you that someday you would go to college. Someday is coming up at the end of this year Ms. Senior. What should you do? Quit stressing about getting accepted into and paying for a University. Without a major in mind, and your indecisive tendency, I think a 2 year, community college will help clear up the haze that is your career goal. Actually, I know for a fact it will. The transition from high school to college life is going to unleash the adult that the hormones try to submerge. Through natural interaction with advisors, teachers and classmates the unexpected major of Business (Fashion Merchandising) will find you. Basically, Live your life. Keep working, keep learning, and most importantly, be sure to keep "I" in mind, because both success and failure will be attributed to you and only you.

I wish I would have come into my first semester most confident. I would have spent less of my senior year stressing about University scholarships, and more time learning how helpful a Community, 2 year college can be. The advisors and teachers are all so dedicated to leading students, whether it be financial advice or planning courses for a degree. I would have jumped on so many more opportunities while still in high school before attending, if I had only known of thier existence!

School. It isn't just that place you must attend. It should be that place you want to attend. It is for the individual that not only questions the world around them, but also seeks answers to those questions. Whether it be a specific educational degree for a career or just a few general studies courses to help figure out a career, Pima Community college is a gathering ground for people who value education and the significant difference it will make in their life.

College is very different, and what I think is unique is the hours provided. They provide weekend classes, and time schedules that are random. I understand and work out with the times they provide.

Advice: dont let others put you down. Look to the future, and think ahead. Dont ever care what others think, you are the one who makes your future, not them. Get as much advice about college, so you dont have to pay so much for everything. Save up money for your future, and get ready to live on your own. You learn something new everyday, even if it is not school related. The more education you have, the better your life will be. Be patient, and you will reach your goal. Never be indecisive about things, and never regret a thing that you have experienced.

The only frustrating thing that I have dealt with would be dealing with teachers that do not care, and only care about the money they are getting. They do not deserve the money if they do not try to help students out to success. Also the prices have gone up, and it frustrates me to buy books and keep up with my life. Education is suppose to help you, not make you suffer just because of money. I think they should lower prices on books, and other school related things.

Lisa

At my school, there is incredible diversity ? young people, seniors, working people, full-time students, rich, poor, and a rainbow of colors.

Dear Self, Don't rush! Why are you so frantic to get out of high school? I know you are smart and bored, and don't like high school very much. But the hurry you are in won't help you in the future. Your future will last much longer than the 17 years you've lived up until now. Believe it can be good. If you take your time and concentrate on choosing the school that's right for you, you might be able to go free and get a better education. You might have an easier life. (On the other hand, you might not. ) At least think about it before rushing to make a decision that may affect your future. Love, Me

Since I am a "mature student" (40 years old) this is a tough question. I wish I had known that I didn't "have" to go to college directly after high school. I wish I had known that it is better to find your true interest and passion BEFORE you spend time and money studying. Perhaps most importantly, I wish I had known that the education I have received at a community college has been far superior to anything I received at two 4-year universities.

Mark

First of all, don't worry about it. Things will go a lot smoother if you just look at it as the next step in your schooling and not this big, ominous "I?m going off to COLLEGE!" thing. Its an adventure and a priviledge; treat it as such. Not everyone gets to do what you are doing. Also, start applying for scholarships as soon as you start you senior year. Don't wait for the spring to come before remebering. There are lots of great scholarships that have deadlines in the winter. Use your Christmas break to apply for them. Go for the big ones, not just the small ones. If the scholarship requires a 3,000 word essay, so what? You have written more than that for school, and if the scholarship is worth $3,000, you will be getting paid a dollar per word. That's not so bad is it? And above all, have fun. Take some classes for things that you enjoy. You can learn a lot in college and still have fun.

Best things about Pima are its incredibly low cost and its multiple campuses around Tucson. The per-credit-hour rate is really cheap compaired to the U of A and since Pima has three main campuses and several smaller ones around Tucson, you can take classes anywhere.

That its not that different. Most of the kids there are in the same boat as you. Yes, there are some things that are changed, but you still make friends with other students and even some of the professors.

James

Don't put so much emphasis on a job. Even though it doesn't seem like its worth it, take out as many scholarships, grants and loans as you can. Working full time and going to school full time causes strain. Something has to give eventually and there's a good chance it wil be school. Don't let work rule your life, the next 4 years are yours, focus on school and enjoy it. Of course, take up a part-time job for spending money if you want, but nothing over 12-15 hours a week, it shouldn't be something you rely on to support your living habits.

Pima Community College offers great classes with great teachers at a great price. Its definately an affordable option for me. At about $55 dollars a credit hour and wonderful teachers who actually care about the students, its worth every penny.

Pima Community College is such a beuracracy, I wish they focused more on the students needs rather than having certain paperwork filled out and certain procedures to follow. There should be more emphasis on the student as a person not a number. I understand with the different campuses this is necessary, but there should be a better system in place.

Jane

What I see as unique at the college is the diversity of the students. There are different minorities who are attending Pima College and there also minority teachers which I think it is unique and at the same time beneficial to all minorities. The level of interaction between students and teachers is greatly positive and educationally motivating.

After getting familiar with college life , experiencing and getting used to what was expected of me as a College student, I would say that working on my discipline would have been a good start when I was a high school student. As a student in High School I still had my teachers remind me of the assignments I needed to turn in and sometimes work with me when I was late turning in my work. In College the teachers will not hold you by the hand, tell you repeatedly what assignments you have to work on and by what date they have to be turned in. In College you are considered an adult who is focused, mentally prepared to take in the responsibilities as a student. You are encouraged to attend group studies and be ready with homework when it is due. If you are not disciplined as a student, College life can become very frustrating. The bottom line is that as a student in College I have to meet the required GPA, homework expectations and show that I am disciplined and focused if I really want to reach my goals.

A person who fits in the following criteria is a person who should attend Pima Community College. An individual who is willing to focus, be disciplined and maintain a good point average. This is due to the mandatory subjects and homework assigned that has to be turned in on time. There is a high expectation towards the students. The College motto is if the students want to reach their goal; than the students have to be willing to do the work in order to graduate and reach their career goal.

Sara

Pima Community College is a great school for people who may need extra help inside or outside of class. The school offers exceptional tutoring sessions for all students, and the instructors make themselves available to students at the students convenience. This not only helps the student understand the course material but also puts the student in a better position to graduate on time.

If I could go back in time and talk with myself about college life, I would inform myself to pay more attention in class and prepare for the financial hardship that going to college can bring. I would educate myself on how much money I would have to spend every semester on classes and books. Another issue I would speak with myself about would be the break that I thought I would take between high school and college was not the best decision I could make. Not only was it unenjoyable work I had to do, but all the money I worked so hard for went to having fun with friends, when it could have easily been placed in a savings account and used to pay for school. Before returning back to my time, I would remind myself to stay encouraged about school and to do my best. And also, to enjoy my time at school and learn all I can so I would be prepared for anything college had in store for me.

The most frustrating thing at my school is the class scheduling. Although day, evening and night classes are available all the class start either at the same time or within the same time frame. Having to deal with the class times makes it harder for students to both work and go to school, since some places of employment are not flexible with their scheduling.

Monet

In high school, I don't think I realized the magnitude of attending a university and what it really took to achieve my goals. I worked hard but I don't think I reached my full potential as a student. I would definitely tell myself to do everthing and anything I could to be the best that I could be; don't just settle for average. I didn't realize how valuable financial awards could be to me and the role my grades had in providing me with these awards. I would also tell myself to start being self reliant and more careful with my money because these are important factors in college. My family is anything but wealthy and has been struggling financially for a while now, which has been hard on me as I try to pursue an education without a scholarship. I want more than anything to achieve my educational goals and attend the university of my choice, and if I would have prepared a little better in high school and just worked a little harder, I'm sure I would have been able to secure a future for myself and be presented with greater opportunites.

Like most schools of higher education, the colleges I've attended require a lot of effort to be made by the student in order for them to succeed. In the past year I have experienced both a University and just recently started at a community college, and while the environments are very different, they are both designed to help those who want to make progress. If you have no purpose and no motivation, especially at the schools I've attended, you will probably fail. When it comes down to it, it's all up to the student to work hard.

I would have to say that the only frustrating aspect about the schools I've been to so far are the fact that they didn't really feel like the full college experience to me. My schools were on small campuses with small classrooms which is what some people like, but for me I would like to feel like I am part of something bigger. In order for me to get the full effect of attending college I think it would be best to have a lot of diversity and a more formal environment, which is expected of real Universities.

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.