Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

Mariana

I really have enjoyed my time at Pima Community College and feel that I have gained a great education for a great price. Also student involvement in clubs here is really small but was an amazing experience for me and allowed me to meet more students and find a sense of belonging. Also there are opportunities to get to travel to school sponsored trips on the college's dime especially through the Phi Theta Kappa honor society.

Mia

As a college freshman it is really hard to make friends. This is especially true if you don't live on campus. Usually it's just taking notes, listening to lectures or doing some other type of in class work, and there isn't much time left to socialize during a class. Or even after class for that matter, because everyone goes home and then we're swamped with homework--leaving no time to make friends! It makes for kind of a lonely first year of college.

The administration is the worst part about Pima community college in Tucson, Arizona. There are very few administrators, counsellors, and advisors that seem to care about the students and their academic futures. They often are short with students, and do not know how to help students find the correct prerequisites for their desired degrees, an example of this is when I was first starting my nursing degree, I needed to take a humanities class that fit in a certain criteria, and when I went to an advisor to advice, instead of helping me, they were short, and the told me to go to a information session that was meant for nursing students further into their degrees which was not helpful. Thank goodness my mother has a nursing degree from the same college so she helped me find that class that I needed to take.

Sierra
Second College, Better College

Second College, Better College

Happily surprised is I think how I would so far sum up my experience at Pima Community College, or PCC for short. :) I am an off-campus but very nearby living student in her second year at her second college, but still studying Theatre/Acting as a Theatre major. (Indigo wouldn't let me choose it as an option for some reason, but Pima does have a great sized Theatre/Arts programs, to my knowledge anyway haha!) What led me to Pima in Tucson, AZ (which is usually known as the home of UofA) was actually helpfully suggested by a best friend, as unfortunately UofA did not contact me back in time for the next school year and I was looking for somewhere else to attend college as my last fancy out of state Arts college/university ended up not working out as well as I had hoped and imagined. But to my (again) happy surprise, the 3-4 months I've only been at Pima so far and there isn't really anything that I don't like about it. The school and it's campuses are much MUCH larger, nicer, and well kept than I expected nor anticipated; and I'm actually learning a lot and really liking to loving all of my classes. Unfortunately I haven't made any particular really close, great friends at my school yet, but overall the abundance and diversity of my classmates always creates interesting conversations and intelligent answers. :) Finally to be completely honest I hope to continue my college degree experience as long as is needed and is needed for at Pima, and most of all I just sincerely hope and wish that PCC is the right choice for me and the acting/arts major I'm still trying to pursue. Last but not least, thanks HerCampus.com for leading me here to uniglo, seems like a pretty great, cool, and helpful site so thanks! :)

Justine

David

My classmates, while attending Pima Community College, are very diverse and allow for all ideas to be considered as well as looked upon equaly.

The advice I would give myself is to not be so timid. I will encourage myself to take chances and make bold decisions. This would help me get more experience with any task I have at hand but also allow me to be more noticable. I would also advise myself to be prepared for the cost of tuiton as tuiton prices are constantly rising with no end in site. To look into scholarships, grants, and various other types of financial aid opportunities as soon as possible.

I would brag that there area opportunities that allow students to leave with an Assosiates degree with no debt. I would brag about how much the financial aid covers for attending this particular school and how many of my colleagues have entered the medical field, typicaly as a technician, with the opportunites that are available to the students.

Makenzie

Knowing what I know now I would go back and tell me former self to enjoy my free time because in college and my adult life I will find it harder to find that free time.  I would warn myself on the difficulty with an online math class and the inability to ask for and get immediate help.  I would counsel myself to start and finish my homework in a more timely manner, that I could not get away with doing my homework the night before it was due and if I started feeling overwhelmed it is OK to miss a day or two as long as I was up to date with my work.  I would encourage myself to use the office hours my professor has set aside for help and to make friends in all of my classes.

The best thing at Pima, would be the availability of classes and at the times that work for me, as it is necessary that I maintain a full time job. I also find that classes are comparitively less in-expensive than that of the University of Arizona.

I like to brag about how inexpensive my classes are and how many different degrees that are available to each student. I like to express how easy the transistion from high school to college has been.

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.