Saint Petersburg, FL
Pinellas Technical College-St. Petersburg

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pinellas Technical College-St. Petersburg

Yessika

On a budget? Have family circumstances that prevent you from continuing your education? Have a passion to succeed in your own life? Willing to give it your all, even when it all crumbles down? The faculty and staff at the St Petersburg campus will do whatever possible to help you succeed in your curriculum; they understand we have priorities outside of school, and will work with us no matter what the circumstance. Although it may not be a big name college, the professors really care about the student's future--it is the best kept secret in town: until now!

Sarina

Being that i have not yet started college, i would say that , my classmates in high school were heavily distracted and unmotived, and I think as American students, we really take our education for granted.

If I were ever given the opportunity to revisit and advise my high school self, I would adamantly stress the importance of self-motivation. In high school, we have teachers and guidance counselors that hold our hands, and help to keep us focused. Conversely, in college, it is up to you, and you only, to make sure you get your work done, order and purchase the learning materials, and meet tuition deadlines, among other things. Despite the difficulties of getting into my college of choice, it is also up to me, the student, to listen, take notes, and study the coursework and material. With that being said, it is imperative that the student stays organized. Notes are useless if they're not legible, and/or you cant find them. I, unfortunately, had to learn that the hard way. The transition from high school to college is one of many challenges. However, if I could go back to my senior year and tell myself, and fellow students, that as long as they posses self-motivation, can focus and take legible notes, and stay organized, the transition from high school to college will be less difficult, and hopefully alot easier.

Acctually the school that i attend was not given as an option in the survey. I attend St.Petersburg College. Before i came there i wish someone would have explained to me more about the campus, how to go about applying for financial aid, and how and where to purchase my books. I walked onto that campus and into their administration office totally bewildered.

phuc

Keiser Career Colleg is the best hands-on training a student can ask for!

Keiser Career Colleg is the best hands-on training a student can ask for!

I would tell myself "college is nothing like high school". You have to stay on top of the game and study harder and plan smarter than what you did in high school. College can be the cross roads of life and career. It is time to grow up and do things the right way, make the right choices , and don't let your opportunity fade away. So get ready to open you books, sharpen your pencils, and start drawing your future. It is time to step up Phuc Nguyen!

Keiser Career College was not listed, but the worst thing is the parking space...but other than that i love it.

Krystle

I would say don't let my advisor and my boyfriend decide my course of education. I know it seems like an odd thing to say but what I love to do is help animals. They were trying to persuade me to do accounting or some other career that involved math because I was so good at math. The truth is that you may be really good at something does not mean you love it. I don't want to walk into an office and say my god I hate this job. I want to be excited about what the day is going to bring me. My parents have always said to chose a career that suits your wants and needs and not what everyone else wants for you. They encouraged me to go towards working around animals and though I may be really good at math it is not something I like to do on an everyday basis. Though if you go in to a clinic you know it does involve math when you are calculating perscriptions. SO really I have the best of both worlds.

I am not really sure what is bad about the campus itself because I do all online courses. The one thing bad about them is having to travel to take an exam and that you only have one specific day to take them exams. I used to have the availability ot two to three days so that I could work around my work schedule and not have to take off from work.

Basically its the same as the worst thing about the tests only being on one day cause like I said I have to take off from work to take them exams and I only work part time as it is.

• $0

Pinellas Technical College-St. Petersburg administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.