Rochester, NY
Rochester Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rochester Institute of Technology

Benjamin

Technology, Engineering, and Photography.

Technology, Engineering, and Photography.

College is going to be great, but you know that already. Everyone will seem to be better than you at your major at first glance, but you're going to blw them out of the water. RIT is an amazing place, and you will fall in love. However, you will do a few stupid things. First of all, don't spend all your money on magic. Otherwise you'll spend $200 before you get your $30 card. Don't brush off your archaeology assignments; you barely squeak by with a B. Other than that, study for your philosophy exams. they make or break your grade. That's pretty much all you need to know. Go out there and have a blast!

elizabeth

There is a great mix of students at RIT so there is something for everyone. We have the great engineering programs but we also have really good interior and graphic design and photography programs. This really gives the school a nice mix of right and left brain thinkers, which leads to a lot of innovation and diversity that most schools dont have. It also gives us a little bit of everything in the social aspects of the school as well. We have clubs that go from ballroom dance to rubiks cube club, sporting events and robotic tournements.

Get a wide base of knowledge outside of what you want to study as your major in college. When I was in high school I was so focused on taking classes that went towards my future in college, I missed out on so many other things that I could have taken. Now that I am in college all of the classes that I took in high school like AP Biology and AP Chemistry don't count because they are a part of my major and my school requires me to take them through the college. I am now basically retaking courses that I took in high school. I really wish I would have used that time in high school to take other things I wont have time to take in college, for example more physics and art classes. Also, really work on your writing skills, you will need them for every class you take in college and will make your life so much easier later on.

Someone who has a hard time steping out of their shell to find friends and things to do. RIT is a great school with something for everyone and there are lots of people with all kinds of interests. However you wont be forced to be social so if you have a hard time going out there and finding things RIT may not be for you

Mary

I would tell myself to study hard. I can do anyting that I set my mind to. I need to go to college as soon as I get out of High School instead of starting a family. If I was to go ahead and start a family, I still need to go to college because without an education, it is hard to have a great paying job. Do not worry about anything that happens in High School because when High School is over, real life begins, and the stuff that happened does not matter anymore. Life is to short to worry about things that don't matter and work hard on things that does matter. A good education will be the only thing that will take you where you want to go.

Madison

Many high school seniors view their last year of high school as quite literally their last year of school forever. When in reality, they have at least four more years of schooling after their senior year if they choose to continue on to college. Many seemed to suffer from senioritis, lacking enthusiam and effort in all areas of school. If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself I would encourage my younger self to take this year seriously, and to realize that senior year was not the last year, but a stepping stone to future education. And to use this year to challenge myself with harder courses, finishing all school work, and to study far in advance for midterms and finals. The lazy symptoms of senioritis will set you up for failure in college if you do not realize the dangers right away. I encourage all high school seniors to become aware that the college years will only go as far as the work you give them, and to use their last year of high school as a tool to becoming a hardworking college student in their years to come.

As a high school senior, I wish I could have told myself that college would not be going to see your friends every day. College is about increasing your knowledge in certain areas of study to eventually obtain a career. Knowing what I do now, I would tell myself to look more into what I wanted to major in. At that time, I was undecided. I also did not know what my options were. If I would have done more research, I may not have wasted my time taking random electives. I wish I would have spoke to counselors at least weekly my senior year about my next step in my education. My parents did not go to college and my older brother only went for a year so we were in the dark. Taking more dual credit courses would have been beneficial as well. College is not cheap and it is not easy. There is no easy way out. You must apply yourself to what you are studying, whether you enjoy it or not, and learn how to succeed in any way possible.

Cole

The worst thing about my school is the gender ratio. There are so many more guys than girls that it makes it difficult to meet a girl that does not have a boyfriend.

I wish I had known about how difficult the classes would be. The AP tests that I came in with and used to get out of 100 level classes did not prepare me for the 200 level classes.

College life is nothing like your high school carrier and don't think you can treat it like you did high school. All those friends that you had from high school sports are not gonna be around anymore and you have to make new ones. Do not just stay in your room, do not spend all your time with one person you meet, don't focus on a girl too early. You have to get out there, join clubs and get a good group of guys before you do anything else. When thing get stressful you are going to need a support system in place. Do not let the easy start of your semmester pass you by. Use it to get ahead, and move forward into your new life. You will have no one to push you except yourself. Put away that cell phone and pay attention in every class. This is your future and it is time to take it into your own hands, laziness is your biggest enemy. Don't feel bad for yourself, get out there, get better, and remember one thing, "only the best is good enough".

Datoria

If I could go back in time, and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to never stop doing scholarships. Even though you may not win 10 scholarships out of the 1000 you submitted, you should still continue to apply. You never know what you could win if you don't try. One day you could win a full ride scholarship to any school that you choose, but you will not know if you don't try. I would tell myself that I understand how let down you feel when you don't when a single scholarship out of the all the ones you submitted, but you cannot let that stop you. You have to want this more than anything because if you don't no one will. You are the one who controls your future, and no one else. No matter how many times you get knocked down you have to get back up, and try again until you get where you want to go. The most important thing you should remember is to not let having no money stop you from reaching your goals in life.

I think the only thing I would consider to be a bad thing about my school is that its extremely expensive. I always find myself hoping I will be able to continue my education at this school. Unlike some of the students that I have come across, I do not have someone I can ask for help. I have to relentlessly apply to numerous scholarships, and hope that I reviece at least one. Times are hard, though, so everybody is trying to apply and win money for school just like I am.

The best thing about my school would have to be the opportunites that you can recieve from attending this school. They have an amazing co-op program. This is the reason I want to continue to study at my school. I want to have the same opportunities as everyone else. I know that I can be just as amazing as long as I have the right education behind me.

Bennoni

Peopel who are interested in other people. One of the best things about RIT is the amount of diversity there is and the amount of people out there in the world who have ridiculously crazy backgrounds in lots of things.

You'll meet so many people with amazing backgrounds and they all want to be friends with you, so dn't be scared of the future. You'll be alright, just trust your decisions and apply to more scholarships.

Courtney

If I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior, the first thing I would tell myself is to not rush out of high school. High school is when you can truely act like a kid and have fun, and that move to college is a big step, so enjoy it while it lasts. The next advice I would give would be to to be smart, and NEVER buy textbooks for full price. My first semester I bought my textbooks from my college bookstore, and I haven't gotten them from the bookstore since. You save so much money when you get them from a website or even use ebooks. You will be saving money and paper. My next advice would be to make friends with everyone. It makes the transition to not knowing anyone a lot easier. I was never a very outgoing person, but my first quarter at school I really broke out of my shell and tried to make new friends. It made being away from my old friends a lot easier. And lastly I would tell myself to call my mom more often. She was always worried sick.

I wish I had known how truely life changing college would be. It doesn't as much change who you as a person are, but you realize the type of person you want to be in the near future. You learn a lot about whether you can be away from family or you can travel miles away. You learn how to manage your time, and most importantly out of everything I wish I knew how responsible you have to be in college. No one is going to run after like in high school for work.

The most frustrating part about my school, would be how little females attend my school. It is hard for me as a female to find many female friends. As I look around I find that most of my friends are males.

Forrest

One of the most important features of post-secondary school was the use of studying. There were things that would better our understanding of how college classes work. First being that in the college classrooms you must teach yourself and use your personal ability to learn and pass each class. The next thing about college is you should make about three hours for studying for every hour of class that you attend to apply what you learned in class to what you write about and study for. Stay true to your understanding about education. Make it what you want and choose what you want to learn about. Spend the time that you have in the first couple of years you are given in college to work on your character and who you are as a person. Put as much energy into school as you can, embrace the options your advisors give you and become involved in the community. The people that you open yourself to will in turn open themselves to you, positive or negative, every interaction is an experience. So have fun and don't stress over the microscopic things and keep your mind on the bigger picture.

Rochester Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.