Rochester, NY
Rochester Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rochester Institute of Technology

Caitlin

RIT is best known for their engineering and business programs. They are some of the best in the country.

I would tell myself not to burn myself out taking too many classes. Also, to make sure I made time for going and doing fun things.

I wish that I had known that it was as windy as it is in Rochester. I was not prepared for the windy days walking to class. I would tell anyone who comes to RIT in the future just to make sure they have a windbreaker or something of that sort to wear when you walk to class on the windy days.

Kristen

I wish that I would have known how different college is from high school. During the first week of the academic year, I was very nervous that the former issues I left behind in high school would resurface. Needless to say, I quickly realized that college life is a truly unique experience that is full of more positives than negatives compared to high school.

The one piece of advice that I would tell my high school self would be this: college is work. During high school, one does not realize how much is served on a silver platter to students. Teachers give frequent reminders about trivial matters, such as homework, quizzes, and tests. One may obtain an honor roll status without any form of active application. In college, your responsibilies are thrust onto you. Your professor will not waste precious lecture time to chide those that didn't complete their own assignments, nor try to locate the students who may not even show up to the lectures. Professors assume that you, a mature college student, can and will be responsible for homework and studying. Thus, I would tell all this to my high school senior self to prepare her for the dramatic shift that will occur in college.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the distance between residence halls. Had I known that most of my current friends would live in a particular residence hall, I would have chosen to live there. Instead, I chose to live in a very small, all-female dormitory floor. Although living in a small floor does have its perks, such as less crowding in the restrooms and reduced noise, I often find myself very socially isolated.

Rebecca

I would take the AP Computer Science class, socialize more with my friends, and learn as much as I can and not for just the grades. With the AP Computer Science class under my belt, I would have a much easier time transitioning to my first programming class, which can be daunting to those who have never learning fundamental programming concepts. By socializing more with my friends, I would have deeper connections with them and have more fun in my life. Such activity is also a great stress reliever from academic coursework. With my passion for learning, I can grasp more material much quicker and achieve more success in both academics and in my career field than when I focused on just achieving that A to impress my parents. Once the stress of obtaining a grade is gone, I can accomplish more than I ever imagined. By taking more risks, I can develop more programs to impact people's lives. My dreams of becoming a video game programmer is already close thanks to my education and life lessons gained from college.

I wish I had more programming experience before coming to this school. It would have been much easier for me to transition to my first programming class if I had such critical experience.

This school really helps you obtain a full-time job in your dream field. The co-op office staff prepares you for interviews and gives you advice on how to improve your resume. By having a co-op requirement, students here are guaranteed to succeed in life no matter what they major in. Professors here also can help you in getting an internship and are willing to help you out with any you need help with.

Joyce

A person who is absolutely dedicated to their work should attend their school. If they know what they want to do, they should come here.

The worst thing about our school would probably be the weather. It snows a lot, is often windy and cold, and doesn't see very much variety in the seasons.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell them that it's okay not to be absolutely sure what career path I wanted to take, because it would all fall into place in the end. I would also tell them to start their college application process early, and that once they were accepted to RIT, to begin the housing and shopping process because that would take up a large portion of the summer. I would also tell myself to begin improving my time management/studying skills, because they'll come in handy when college classes kick up.

websly

My school is awesome , different, very diverse and welcomes all kind of people.

My school is awesome , different, very diverse and welcomes all kind of people.

My classmates are helpful and very proffessional for their age.

Ok that is a very interesting idea that i have never thought of before.However if i truly had such an opportunity, i would try to talk to as much adults as i can. I honestly would have applied to much more scholarships and i wouldnt forget to bring a bicycle on campus. I would tell myself to get in shape mentally and physically for a new beginning and a next level for reaching my potential. And most importantly i would tell myself to :HAVE FUN!!!!

The opportunities here are unending if you look for them. The staff and faculty are there for you to make your college years the best years of your life!

Anyone can attend because there is something to interest every type of person no matter thier interests.

Don't sweat it! It's a lot easier and RIT will make it so easy and you will feel right at home!

Janet

Many people might assume that a returning student at the age of 39 would have at least a few regrets about not having continued their education immediately after leaving high school. This is not, however, the case with me. Though reentering school after having been away for several years was a challenge, I believe having had the time to experience life in the workforce has given me a deeper appreciation for the education I am receiving today. I do not think I would have done as well had I begun this journey even a day earlier. The path I walked after high school was a rocky one. I was sexually assaulted as a teenager which helped to fuel a growing dependence on alcohol as I entered my 20s. I became involved in several increasingly abusive relationships, until one day I was so severly beaten, I nearly died in the emergency room. I made a decision that day to turn my life around. I entered rehab, and have been sober for almost 5 years. I am now entering my 3rd year of college, and often volunteer to help other women with substance abuse issues or who are victims of violence.

The kind of person who would do well at this school is one who is very self-motivated and dedicated toward their educational goals.

The most challenging thing for me was to recieve a financial aid package estimate when I was considering which school to transfer to.

Ariel

RIT is a friendly school that is designed to help you achieve your goals in life.

RIT is a very friendly place. Everyone there does thier best to make you feel like you're at home even if home is on the other side of the world. They also offer many oppertunities for students including co-ops, study abroad, and many minors so that students can get to the place they want to be, no matter how unusual the goal.

I would tell myself to be careful when making friends and if I'd have to change myself or act differently to be friends with some one they are not worth it. Also to not be afraid to ask for help when your start to struggle in a class. The professors at RIT don't like to see student fail and are more the willing to help you get though a class and they are willing to work with you so that you succeed. And if you don't want to ask teh professor for help, then go to the labs and ask the students there if they can help you. Most of the time there is someone there willing to help.

Dillon

I'd tell myself that I need to understand the value of work. During senior year, I was much more spoiled in the sense that I didn't need to try in order to achieve anything. I was so wrapped up in my emotions that I couldn't see or think straight. If I could go back in time, I’d try and explain to myself the importance of understanding that in order to succeed you need to work, and that I should try and understand exactly what that means. Even now, it's a difficult road to understanding exactly what it takes to succeed, and if I had the time to understand starting senior year, I feel as if I would be a much better person than I am today. I would be able to better use my abilities to obtain my goals and watch as the fruits of my labor reap the benefits and rewards of obtaining that goal.

Worst part about RIT is the enrollment system. To enroll for classes, RIT uses an online system that usually cannot handle the flow of students all trying to enroll on the same day. They recently implemented a new system that isn't very good either.

RIT tries very hard to make sure you are able to get internships with companies so that you're better prepared for the workforce.

Rochester Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.