Rensselaer, IN
Saint Josephs College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Josephs College

Merissa

overall, the college is pretty good until they decided to close. They have screwed us (students and faculty) at the point of announcement. Small class sizes and easy to get along with professors brings a good vibe to campus. The majority of students are athletes, so the professors are easy to work with and get a hold of.

caylin

Saint Josephs College is a beautiful campus with amazing students and professors. The class sizes are not very large which is great if you need extra help or are better off in a smaller setting. The advisors and employees are always there for an extra hand if needed. The students make the campus an excellent environment and are so kind to one another. Saint Josephs College may not be for everyone but it is absolutely for me.

Tabitha

It's unique because it is so small. Everyone knows everyone, so that is either a good or bad thing. It's usually a good thing. You feel like there's always someone you know around.

I'd tell myself to not hold myself back. In high school, many people stuck around with the same group of friends and was to afraid to branch out. If I could start over again, I'd become more active on campus sooner and I wouldn't limit myself to certain groups of friends or even certain classes! College is time for learning and discovering. Make the most of it by not allowing fear to take over.

Maggie

A small and very prideful school with an experienced faculty.

A small and very prideful school with an experienced faculty.

Relax, and have more confidence in yourself in the beginning. Do not worry what others think of you or about participating or getting called on in class, because what you have to say will have merit. Do not hold back what you want to say because it is different than others. Study more than a couple days beforehand so you retain information better and are not as nervous for the exams. Do not be afraid to ask questions because there is a good chance others are thinking the same thing. Balance your social and academic life appropriately.

Katherine

Saint Joseph's College in Rensselaer is well known for its Core Program. The program focuses all areas of studies (Arts, Science, Literature, ect...) in one lecture and one class discussion. Each semester focuses on different eras throughout civilization. One of the best focuses that Saint Joseph's College offers is the focus on faith and religion. The college offers a variety of information for those that in question or doubt of his or her faith.

If I could go back to my senior year in high school I would have definitely chosen a way different path in my life. As a returning student at the age of 28 I now know the importance of an education in society. I would have definitely focused more on education and followed through with those goals. However, I cannot go back and redo that time. But, I can make a difference in my life now as well as my children's lives. With returning to school and transitioning that lifestyle with my family (husband and children) my family is seeing how important it is to get an education to succeed. Saint Joseph's College was one of the best decisions that I made in my life. It provides me with the confidence that I will soon reach my goals as a parent and as a career focused individual to be able to care for and provide for many that will come into my life. The main words that I live by is faith, focus, organization, and determination.

The best thing about Saint Joseph's College is the concern of the staff for the students. Even with myself being an off campus student I have grown close to my professors. I know that they care about me personally and individually as a person. I am not just another student ID number flowing through the classes. If I have questions or concerns I know that I can reach out to any of my professors for assistance. I feel safe and cared for very well at Saint Joseph's College.

Kathleen

If I could speak to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to procrastinate with my schooling. When I was in school I always waited until the last minute to complete my work. I would tell myself to put a bigger effort into my education because although it seems extremely frustrating now, it will pay off once my schooling is completed. I would tell myself to study more- even when I don't want to. The last thing that I would do is give myself a confidence boost- when I was in high school I never thought I was bright enough to go far. I would tell myself that with some hard work and extra study time, I would be capable of anything I wanted. "Don't doubt yourself."

Erika

I would have told myself to be prepared for a whole new world. College is nothing like highschool, you dont have teachers telling when to do stuff, dont have parents making you go to class. You as a young adult need to have the state of mind that you are going to do this and work your hardest at it. Going to college is one of the biggest decisions you are going to have to make in life. Make sure you go for something you are going to love because this is going to be a base line for the rest of your life.

Saint Joseph's is a catholic college, so people would assume mostly catholics go here, but this is not true. This school does not try to convert you to becoming a catholic, its morals are just catholic based. I feel someone who is very determined and open minded should attend this school considering religion is something you talk about in alll your core classes. Students need to be willing to learn about different religions and cultures without taking it personal and believing people are trying to talk down their religion.

My classmates have become close friends and made my learning experience enjoyable.

Looking back and knowing what I know now, I would give myself the advice of not being so stressed about making the transitition. The transition is only as hard as you make it and as long as you keep up on the work, then you'll be fine. Just have fun and relax.

The food in the cafeteria is probably the worst thing about Saint Joe. There isn't enough good food choices at any given meal.

Andrea

Growing up in Rensselaer, I never really considered going to SJC until my senior year of high school. When I started applying to colleges following my senior golf season, I decided that I would like to continue on with my golf career. In April of my senior year of high school, I committed to SJC. I was a little leery of my decision at first, but now I am glad I made the decision I did. It is by far one of the best decisions I have made. I am involved with several clubs and organizations on campus, including the Women’s Varsity Golf team. The liberal arts education I have received is outstanding. It is nice to have the small class sizes because it makes interacting with the professors easier. Overall, Saint Joseph’s College has taught me how important it is to be yourself and the joy of “paying it forward” in life. It is something that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I only wish more people could have the opportunity to experience everything I have in the last year and a half. I look forward to the next two and a half years.

A person looking for a liberal arts education, enjoys the small town atmosphere, and enjoys the small class sizes should attend Saint Joseph's College. The professors really take an interest in their students. There are a large number of opportunities to get involved on campus. The career center is really good about helping people find jobs and interships. With all that being said, a person who is really looking to connect with their professors and classmates should attend Saint Joseph's College.

A person looking to attend a largely populated school or one who enjoys the idea of being in a frat, should not attend this school. Saint Joseph's has a small town atmosphere so the people that do not want to know everyone, should not attend.

Courtney

My classmates are very friendly, and are willing to help understand something if you don't quite get whatever it is the teacher is teaching.

For me the college experience has been enlightening and fullfilling. In my first two years of college I was enrolled in a junior college in southern Illinois known as, John A. Logan College. There I played volleyball for two years while working at taking many classes towards my major. The institution and staff was wonderful. I learned a lot about myself there and got to know some truly great people all while preparing me for a great future in, at that time was just the medical field. Then, I transferred to Saint Josephs College to continue my passion for volleyball. Again, although I am only in my second semester here, I met more people and I now have a special bond with each and every one of my teammates, some of which I know I will be in contact with for the rest of my life. While attending this school, my biochemistry teacher asked me what I wanted to go into as a profession, and that was when she inspired me to become a dentist. The college experience has been very valuable to be. I am now on the path to having a successful future for myself and a family.

Saint Josephs College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.