San Antonio, TX
San Antonio College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Antonio College

Kelley
Friendly transitional college

Its a great 2 year school to go to to transition to another college. Clean, friendly, and easy.

Friendly transitional college

Jeremy

The worst thing about my school is that it's so far from my house. It takes me an hour just to get to school, and that's on a good day!

The most frustraing thing about my school would have to be the parking situation, but then again which school doesnt have that problem?!

Jawaan

San Antonio college is very friendly and diverse.

San Antonio college is very friendly and diverse.

Hey younger self,Take the plcement exam seriously there is no reason for us to be takng remedial classes we dont need! DO NOT get comfortable your first 2 years at community college even though you met a few good friends over the years I dont want you to realize too late how important education is. Your going to end up becoming and advertising major so dont waste your time trying to be a business major when you know good and well you HATE MATH! You will eventually get a car, i know its going to take forever for you to get the car but trust me you didnt need a car at this time anyway. Your going to eventually get a job, as bad as we didnt want one but you will love it/hate it. Above all else stay patient live your life and never stay stagnant strive for better.

What i brag about most when i tell my friends about my school is that im not in a class with 300 other students so im able to actually talk to my professors if need be. While my friends always have trouble contacting there professors

Rafael

Being a community college, there is certainly a diverse group of people here as students. I've got classmates fresh out of high school, attending their first year of college, and I've had classmates who are just now going back to school after having raised their families.

Well, at the time, I absolutley hated academics, and didn't work nearly as hard as I do now that I'm past my 20's and going back to school. I'd tell myself that college math and science classes are supposed to be hard, but they're not so bad. Especially considering that you won't be struggling as much as other people, or there will be others who will find it rough just like you. But, if you band together and relate to them and you guys help eachother out, you'll be just fine. I would tell myself of all of the opportunities available, as well as scholarships, but that the only way to get to them is through hard work. I'd tell myself that college will be tough, but it is well worth the effort. I'd also say that it can be alot of fun, if you just relax and go out and meet people. Get involved in a club or two. Above all, I would remind myself to never quit. I did drop out for ten years, and I'd warn myself to not make that mistake.

There seems to be a lack of regard for the students' wishes by the administration, as well as a lack of communication between the administration and the faculty.

christina

Helps you get on the fast track to a 4 year university with half the cost.

Helps you get on the fast track to a 4 year university with half the cost.

If i had the chance to talk to my senior self, I would tell myself, don't worry. The whole guilt and panic you felt from wanting to change your major isn't that big a deal. It's okay to change your major. It doesn't mean you're goofing around, wanting to explore different options just means you're taking this whole college thing seriously. Also you're smart and don't doubt yourself so much. You are on the right track and you always end up where you need to be at the time you are meant to be.

Carlos

If I could go back in time to give advice to my high school senior self, I would definitely tell myself to make studying a habit. I would tell myself to read more books to train myself for the ample reading assignments I will recieve in the future. I would also tell my highschool self to branch out into making friends outside of school in order to reinforce some simple communcation skills such as self introduction. Expanding on communication, I would warn my highschool self of group projects and let him know to make sure everybody does their fair share of work. My highschool self would be told to make sure that I ask questions and ask the teacher for help that way, later on, I would feel the need to visit my professor in their office hours. Overall, I think I would make sure to tip my highschool self off to developmental skills that I would use indefinitely, making sure that I can function on my own as a student and be able to collaborate with others or simply ask for help. This is the advice that I would give to my old highschool self.

The type of person that should not attend this this school is probably one that expects a large student population or if you are not going to care about your school work. It is easy to fall behind in school work despite the not too stressful amount of work that you recieve.

I do not really see anything to brag about, I find the college I attend to be very standard in that it is more of a "go to school, do any extracurricular you might attend, go home" ordeal. I do not find any ties to this school that would call for bragging.

Valerie

my classmates are friendly and helpful.

my classmates are friendly and helpful.

Just right commmuntiy college, helps you plan a study plan to get you ready and move forward to your career.

Apply for as many scholarships as possible, dont wait at the last mintue. Have an idea of what you want to study in and find out what is need to take in colleges and also apply for financial aid but my luck i didnt recieve anything.

Tiffany

My school is best known for being directly near the city and how many ethnicites there are.

Dear Tiffany, always have hope and follow the dream that you wanted for yourself. Don't do what your parents thought was best for you because they didn't support your dreams. Just because it's senior year doesn't mean you can take a break from all the tests and exams that you dreaded at the end of the year. Go and see your advisor that you said you would talk to last year, but never did. Be upfront and tell her where you want to go to school at and what you need to do in order to win scholarships. Don't beat yourself up because you said it was too late to start. It's never too late to follow your dreams. It's only too late when you decide to give up. Become the person that you said you could see yourself become in 10 years. Don't listen to others who are going to put you down or say 'maybe next time you'll get it right.' Time is happening now and it can all change in a matter of seconds, minutes, or days. Please don't give up on yourself, Tiffany, always stay positive.

Ana

We are all of different ages and ethnicities. Most of the students in my classes seem driven, dedicated, and responsible.

Knowing now about college life and making the transition, I would advice myself to apply early to a four-year universitiy. As grateful as I am to be enrolled at San Antonio College, I missed the chance to experience the four-year university vibe as a freshman. I got scared by the financial aspect and failed to apply early. I would also tell myself to work on my time management skills, which at the time were almost non-existent. I would tell myself to pay more attention in my math classes, because they would have helped me in my current math class. I would also tell myself to take advantage of the numerous scholarships offered out there and apply for them! As much fun as I had in high school, I would finally tell myself to learn to prioritize and learn to be more responsible.

The many opportunities it offers as a community college. There are clubs, organizations, volunteer opportunities, tutoring labs, and so much more.

San Antonio College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.