San Antonio College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for San Antonio College

Marisa

I absolutely LOVE San Antonio College and all of Alamo Colleges. SAC has the most welcoming environment with professors that are down to Earth who truly want to see you succeed. The advisors are there to assist you along the way as much as possible! My advisor, Ms. Trisha, has been my saving grace in navigating me through all the processes, resources, and career moves I've had to make! There are TONS of resources for students like childcare, free food, events, financial aid, scholarships, peer tutoring, etc. When I'm on campus, everyone is so friendly and passionate about what they're in school for. It's such a nice community to be involved in, I'm so blessed to be apart of it!

I switched from St. Phillips, being remote isn't easy but SAC is definitely helpful and resourceful. I've had the pleasure of working with a couple of teachers so far and they are very nice and good at communicating. I wish campus was open so I could get some issues taken care of but being remote has its challenges.

Victor

San Antonio College is a great place to get an education because there are people that really do want to learn. Also, the faculty are always willing to help there was never a time that I felt alone and lost. It is a beautiful campus and plenty to do. They also get you ready for the next step of your education or career.

Gianna

It´s nothing special, if you're looking for a cheap, moderately quick, low effort, college, this is the one for you. Teachers could be more flexible. Needs a lot more extracurricular activities, I don´t even think we have any at all. Honestly would NOT recommend to a friend.

Alba

It's a great school. So far, I've had some pretty good teachers. My adviser is extremely helpful, as well as my teachers. The groups and activities are pretty good as well. My classes are well taught and fun here and there. I've only had two teachers who weren't that good, but I managed with them, although I asked one to drop me. But again, they were still helpful. The students are pretty great too.

Maria

It is a beautiful campus with a sense of cpeace and community as you traverse it. The faciities are well equiped withthe materials necessary for student growth and development academically and provide chances for deeper connections with fellow alums, and students.

Alexandra

San Antonio College was an overall decent college to be a part of. I did not do much extracurricular work, so I cannot really give my opinion on that, but I was there for my education. The professors could either be outstanding or sub-par, it was truly hit or miss there. I would most likely go back to SAC for more education if needed.

Terri

San Antonio College and its several branches are amazing institutions that really set there students up for success in the future. Whether a person is going back to school after years in the workplace, attending college in order to broaden their horizons and expand their knowledge, or earning credits to transfer, SAC is truly a community that wants its students to succeed.

Raeny

I like San Antonio College. The people are friendly, the professors are helpful, the campus isn't the nicest but it is nice for what it is. They offer a music business program, which is the only one in the area. I am apart of the program and I like the opportunities offered.

Anita

Overall, San Antonio College is a beautiful campus in which I pride myself in coming to every day. There are many college resources that are offered to students that actually aid us in being successful which I've found very useful. The classes are the perfect class size for students who cant work in extremely crowded classrooms and the professors work with the students and are available, if needed. I enjoy very much being a student at San Antonio College.

Jonah

It's a decent community college. The campus location downtown is not that bad, and is surrounded by some fun places. However, the campus is a little old, and is probably due for an overhaul. This is not a huge issue, however, and most will get over that over time, I'm sure.

It can improve in some areas, but it is a great college to attend. The staff is very supportive and helpful, and the students are friendly. The teachers try their best to help students understand the material and are always available to help you improve in any material you need to work on. The Library is my favorite area to go to not only because of the café but also because of all the items provided for you to have a quiet or interactive study time.

Briana

love the atmosphere and the small classes

Tatiana

I went into this school not knowing what to expect. It's a perfect school to complete an associate's degree, or get your pre-requistes done. The classrooms are just the right size, not a huge campus, and the instructors actually do care about you. It's catching up to speed technologically with the larger more advanced universities, and it's more affordable with great resources academically.

Kelley

Its a great 2 year school to go to to transition to another college. Clean, friendly, and easy.

Elexus

I have attended San Antonio College as a dual credit student and a full-time student. When I was a dual credit student, the administration office was continuously organized and on time with requests for documents. I earned certificates for the program and earned a scholarship from the Alamo Colleges Foundation. I did have to submit verification from FASFA which I did not know how that worked but the financial aid office was always of help. When you call the school, they have an automated calling system that is helpful that directs you to the customer service of the department you are looking for. The customer service is typically helpful. San Antonio College’s environment is friendly and the students are usually engaged in higher learning curriculum. The study environment is fantastic because the Moody Learning Center has a total of 7 floors which are arranged by ascending order (loudest to Quietest floors). The Alamo Colleges won the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for its highest level of student success and performance excellence. The district has exceeded expectations in realms of innovation, efficiency, and leadership. However, the pitfalls of the school are the school food and the dynamics of parking. I have heard rumors that the cafeteria is not as sanitary as it should be so, I stay away from their food. The number of students that attend college is increasing which makes parking such a pain, however, the district is creating another parking lot that should lessen the burden.

San Antonio College is a great accredited community college that allows students to gain an education at an affordable price. I have enjoyed every class that I've taken at SAC and every professor has been very helpful in teaching their subjects to the students.

Markee

i honestly like SAC, its a nice campus and everyone is really nice and ready to learn and do work. Its a good school to prepare for a university college. Teachers are very nice and helpful! They helped me see what direction i need to get on in order to do my major!

Its a great school with an overall great community. if something needed to be fixed, However, it would be the lack of information and advisers to the students. other than that and maybe some public transportation to some of the joint colleges then maybe the students life would be a little easier.

Victoria

It's an okay school. I just go to and from classes. I haven't really talked to a lot of people, but the professors are great.

Alexis

I like San Antonio college the professors are never busy for any one on one studying or tutoring. The campus is great and everyone is social and willing to help you and guide you to succeed in the career you want to pursue. There is all kinds of clubs and organizations that are helpful for the environment and to help boost your confidence.

Claudia

The Alamo Colleges in San Antonio provide an affordable form of education, and that makes them one of the best options for students who are seeking a hassle free way to approach their goals. Being community colleges, they do not provide on campus dorms, however, that is not a problem. With the low cost of tuition you would have the money to spare for living arrangements. As far as professors and courses available, I can honestly say I have had the pleasure to have met some of the most respectable and talented professors. The Alamo Colleges have the most dedicated instructors I have ever met. Being the talented professors they are, they have introduced the material in class in a way that will shape the way you learn and look at life. And with an option of five colleges to chose from, you will have access to a location that best suits you. Finally, having a variety of professors within the different colleges, you hold the power to chose what professor is best for you. Whether you want to visit more than one college per semester, you are bound to make a better decision do to the choices available. I chose the Alamo Colleges and I am glad I did!

Blanca

Overall it is a great college. There is always something to do here. We have little festivals that bring the students and families together. The teachers are funny and teacher in a way that helps us better understand. There is a club for pretty much anything, so its hard to feel alienated. They are try to help us succeed.

Cailyn

I am a student in between two universities and I am only here for a semester. It's not the worst place to be but I definitely wouldn't pick this school to stay at. The facilities are nice enough. I take most of my classes online now, and the only in class I take I switched to a different college within the Alamo colleges because the day that I dropped my summer class they had a shooting on campus with a police officer and people in a car. So it isn't the best area to be around.

Brooke

It's a good community college and I would recommend anyone to go if they want to get their associates degree and/or plan to transfer to a 4 year University. While the parking can be awful and very headache inducing unless you arrive there before 9:30 am to find an empty space it's the only complaint I have against the college.

Andrea

I really enjoy my college. It really is the best place to start off when you can't do university. The teachers really care about the students and want you to achieve the best grades you can. They're always available and the classes are small and personal, so you don't feel like another face in the crowd. There are so many free services that students should take advantage of (labs, tutoring, therapy/counseling, etc.). The campus life needs more focus, there is so much potential in all of them. I really do enjoy going to San Antonio College and I hope any future schools I attend are similar to it.

Delaney

Same antonio College is a great school and I recommend it for anyone who is having trouble trying to find an awesome two year college. It has a lot of diversity; you will never feel left out. The people are really friendly as well; students, administrators, and even some professors!

Steven

This campus can be a bit basic, it is there as function-only and not so much as a reputable college-life experience that you hear about in the movies. Once you are on campus, people are there to get their classes over with and be on their way. Not many students hang around to converse, the crime rate on this campus from the surrounding area is moderate to high, so that's why most students are in a rush to get off campus. The homeless and thug activity come from the downtown area, we have campus police which are pretty good at monitoring the area but cannot always be everywhere at once. I think as students, its frustrating to see a campus ticket on your windshield from parking too close to a stop sign rather than see them stopping a pan-handler from entering the campus and harassing students. Overall, function-only campus, not gonna have a crazy campus fun extravaganza experience.

Katelyn

Class sizes are great! Professors are a hit and miss. Some can be very caring and passionate, while others do not care about the education.. Although it is only a community college, it is very accessible and easy to get around. I actually enjoy the campus and the facilities.

Skylar

I absolutely love it here. It has perfect sized classrooms and many options for a two year college. Its also a beautiful campus and many precautions are taken to ensure our safety. San Antonio College also makes sure that us students know what is going on on campus by sending us newsletters through our email as well as posting them around campus.

Cheyenne

AmaZing school with friendly and helpful staff. Amazing school to be apart of everyone is so helpful. Any questions you have , the staff, professors and even students are always ready to make you feel like you’re not missing a beat whatsoever. It’s a home for many people.

Joslin

I absolutely love my campus! The Social Work department saved my life, I am so inspired every day.

Britt

I do not like San Antonio College because one of the teachers were grading badly and they would lecture about their life instead of teaching which they were paid on teaching their students. San Antonio College had some good events though and great tutoring services.

Sophia

My first semester at San Antonio College has been a great experience. I love the diversity, I have met people from all over the world. I love the access I have to books, computers, study rooms and the gym. It has been a great experience and I am happy to be returning next semester. The class sizes are little which I like because I feel that I have a better shot of getting an A in that class. My professors have been great, always available when they are needed and keeping me updated on my grades. Most of them have taught me life lessons and expanded my thinking skills. They have pushed me to study as often as I can and to pursue anything I set my mind on. Other students are so friendly and sweet, I feel very comfortable here.

Elandra

It's pretty much what I expected. Everyone is very friendly. There are lots of amenities, especially for a community college. There is a sense of mutual respect and acceptance, without being overly politically correct like some other colleges. People are free to be apart of anything.

Claudia

SAC is a great school. It is affordable, the teachers ate great and willing to help you. I libr the online classes they have. I take at least one a semester, online classes are great if you happen to be a person who has a busy schedule. They now recently added if you take some many hours during your fall and spring semesters you are about to take FREE classes in the summer. Which is a amazing, this Summer will be my second year receiving free classes.

Josefina

Hello I am a current student attending San Antonio College and this is my 3rd year in this community college. As a student I had rated my college as a 4 star because there are somethings that I agree on and disagree on. Well I agree on this college because this college is a community college where not that many people could afford to pay for a university. But we have to start from somewhere no matter what well San Antonio college is a friendly, warm community college because we come together as a whole and we know one another. The thing I disagree on is that the classrooms are a little tight and the desk are not as comfortable as you think. Also there real isn't that much places to do your homework at to study because it gets very crowded.

Mark

It has been a wonderful experience at San Antonio College. I joined the architecture program at SAC when I first started college and the program offer many skills and opportunities to achieve. Overall, the college really offers many services to the students who need help with either academics or financial needs; a new program called the Student Advocacy Center just opened, helping students who are not supported by food. The college really reaches out to the students as best they can so they will be successful. I recommend not buying food from the cafeteria because it is pricey.

Terence

Overall this is a good school if you plan on transferring to a four year university. The advisors are friendly and helpful and the professors are accessible. There are problems with your student account as they constantly put holds that you have to get removed.

Maria

I attended San Antonio College for over three years, including dual credit program. The campus is relatively nice. Services are great, including the bio- spot and library. The chemistry department needs some definite work. Their passing rate is abysmal! The professor make the test impassible with all their trickery and games. Science department is pretty good. Most professors are great with an occasional problematic one. Strong English department. Lots of resources and helpful people.

Isabella

I think that San Antonio College is a quiet and adequate school. For an individual who is looking for the fun, adventurous, and ideal college lifestyle, this is not the school for them. This is more of a college where everyone wants to learn and that is their main goal and priority. It is safe and has some beautiful scenery, but overall I am one of those students who wants both the learning and the fun so I will be transferring to UTSA soon.

Kambrya

My overall opinion of the school is that it is an open, welcoming environment with tons of friendly people that are readily available to help whenever it is needed. The atmosphere is always light and fun. I haven't had a bad experience at the school and I encourage people to attend, even just for a little bit.

Gissell

San Antonio College is a really good school. There are many programs and resources for all students. The professors are very understanding and always there to help. The campus is pretty big and there are so many places to study. The environment overall is very nice, everyone is friendly.

Alexandra

I took all of my classes online and the setup (Canvas) is amazing! I loved my classes and even though I was terrified to return to school, I quickly fell into a groove. Teachers are like any other college. Some are amazing, some you wonder how they are a teacher. There's a reason they won a spot in "Best digital schools in the nation" for a third year.

Sara

I thoroughly enjoyed the tour that they offered and I might consider this as one of my options when I am ready to apply to college. Overall I thought it was a great school with amazing opportunities! So glad that I was able to attend a tour! Although I do wish it was closer to home.

Shianne

San Antonio College is a good school for students who are looking for a two year university. The campus is very safe and almost all the professors care about their students and that they learn the proper material. The college has many pre-requisite classes and is wonderful about working with students who plan to transfer to a four year university. The area surrounding the college is great because there are many safe places for students to go after class.

D

Is a good community college

Jaime

San Antonio College is a good place to get your basics at. The teachers are the best ones in the Alamo Colleges but parts of the main campus could be updated, aesthetically speaking. The only reason this campus does not get 5 stars is due to the advisors. If you want to get through this college, be prepared to have little to no assistance. Luckily fellow students and your teachers are there to help you through the years.

Aly

It's a really nice school, but to register for classes is annoying. But there are great services, except the advisory services.

Mariah

San Antonio College has a great family community and provides excellent opportunities for students to complete their major and other academic struggles while either living on or off campus. Then even provide all sorts of sports however not all on competition level there will still be a club for it.