San Joaquin Delta College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for San Joaquin Delta College

Lilian

For the money and education you are getting it is an excellent school. I went to a private school before coming to delta and honestly delta is about the same in education. Professors are excellent, some math teachers you have might have to do you research though.

Alexis

It's a great way to start off and help earn a degree before transferring. I think that the students are very welcoming and the classes being online right now are helpful. It's easy to maintain a stable academic lifestyle. The professors make sure everyone is performing at their best abilities.

Ishita

I love Delta! It is too bad about having to switch to remote learning but many professors are just so helpful and trying their best to ease the transition. I have made wonderful connections with staff and other students that I don't think are common for community colleges. Delta has the respect and poise of a university and the convenience of a local college, with excellent staff and services that are eager to help.

Akashdeep

San Joaquin Delta College is very old in terms of its architecture and infrastructure. Some of the classes are extremely small with many students which makes the rooms feel crowded. Although there are many students who just show up to classes without any work done, I have met numerous ambitious individuals. In fact, the middle college high school program offered at the college is wonderful as it allows students under the age of 18 to excel at college courses and finish their General Education before high school graduation. In addition, the College Early Start Program allows teenagers like me to take Dual Enrollment classes and college classes to accelerate the first two years.

Ariel

I've been attending San Joaquin Delta College since 2017 and honestly since I started it has been a great experience for a community college. When I had questions and needed it answered, they were as soon as possible. Everyone there is pushing us to do better. There really isn't anything better than others wanting you to succeed. From staff to students everyone is very nice and open to helping. When it comes to online access to class schedules, online class, and emails, everything runs almost smoothly. Technology is tricky and sometimes crashes causing delays but Delta is great at making sure we got what we need. Professors are understanding and helpful.

Emmanuel

San Joaquin Delta College offers a lot of services, such as advising and counseling, as well as food and sports clubs. This college does not really excel nor lose in any one part. It doesn't offer housing, and I do not know anything about the sports other than they exist. The classes here are insightful, and most professors truly want the students to pass. The one thing that is diminishing is fun on-campus. Most fun is really just sports, and although there are other clubs that one could join, you really have to look for them. There is a lot of fun within a mile or two off campus, but on campus is pretty boring. The college has an attitude of "I am here to study and that's it." There are also not very few healthy/vegetarian/vegan options on campus, so those who like to eat healthy, or have religious/other dietary concerns, Delta doesn't do much to find substitutes. Still, the college is decent because classes are mostly fun and there is a lot to learn. I give it an average score because of the equal amount of positives and negatives.

Tessa

Everyone around Stockton and Lodi give Delta a bad rep because it's a junior college but honestly it is a good school. The professors are professional and have high expectations of their students because it's still a college. The campus is small and easy to navigate around and there are a lot of programs to help students exceed.

Leonardo

The sports, arts, music, humanities, and non-STEM students get tons of aid, while STEM students will have more of a trouble time. The cafeteria on the campus can be better. The college newspaper is very biased and leans to the left political spectrum a lot. Any Non-STEM major related classes have professors who are also leaning to the left of the political spectrum and enforce or manipulate their ideology onto the students as part of their lecture and education. San Joaquin Delta College could be much better if they have better cafeteria choices, better aid for STEM majors, a true and equal newspaper that does not hide conservative voices, and Non-STEM major professors shoving their political left leaning ideology down every students throats in their lecture and educational teaching.

Grecia

San Joaquin Delta College is a great school. Although people may say Delta doesn't offer much they really do. It is not as expensive as other Jc colleges and their are a wide variety of different classes to choose from. If you don't see a class you need in the Stockton campus you can always choose to go to the mountain house delta campus. Delta is a great school and the teachers, students and administration all add a fun and study hard experience of the campus.

danielle

It is a good school, its very impacted right now and everything is over crowded, sometimes its really hard to get into classes because of how many people there are. Sometimes its scary, just because the neighborhood isn't too good but of the most part i feel safe at school.

Alejandra

Since taking the placement assessment and attending orientation, San Joaquin Delta College should be a first choice for all those in Stockton, CA. They help students achieve their final career decision making by taking Guidance to learn about yourself and personality to see what would suit you. Also, when walking around campus for the first time I thought that something bad was going to happen to me or a classmate but everyone minded their own business and was very friendly. On my second day after leaving class in a rush to catch my bus, I dropped my wallet in the process of getting my lunch out. I did hear something fall ,but when I turned around and saw nothing on the floor. Luckily a good Samaritan pointed out where it fell. Though I got scolded by my mother for not being careful I am thankful that he pointed it out otherwise I probably not have my bus pass, personal ID, and my money. Also you can really ask anyone for help, for example I could not figure out how the printer works at school, even after reading the instructions multiple times until I asked a fellow student. She showed me how with patience and I am glad she took the time for show me the way of the printer. I do not know if this would be considered as an overall opinion but I have a classmate that takes Spanish 01 with me. She has told me numerous times about her parents opinion on Delta. "They always tell me to be careful.", "They tell me nowhere is safe.", "I want to go to the library but my parents say that is how they get you.". My response is always: "As long as you are around other people and sit where the staff can see you, you can reassure your parents.", by saying this to her she has stopped saying the negative opinions her parents put in her head. Though my overall opinion is that it is a great way to start if you do not have much money and want to explore your choices and I am glad that I went to this college.

Ivonne

As a soon-to-be Delta transfer after 2 long years, I can say Delta College is what you make of it. If you're willing to learn, put in the work, and really get in there to get the help you need, Delta is the place to go. Counseling appointments are very hard to come by, so make sure to check out the Transfer/Career center. They have transfer counselors there, as well as incoming counselors from universities you might want to attend, and even trips to those universities.

Isaiah

I honestly am so grateful to be able to attend this school. San Joaquin Delta College is a great school for those who are uncertain of their futures. It' s staff help prepare you for whatever career you are interested in or help you discover any potential career interest. Although you won't find that traditional college experience. You will find an experience that can help students discover themselves.

Amy

I appreciate the kindness of the professors, but I am disgusted with the treatment of students, particularly the high school students. They are denied access to the tutoring that is said to be guaranteed to all students. I have witnessed my friend being turned away. Also, over the three years I have been attending school here, Delta has continually lessened the seating and lounging space for homework and rest. This year, they even discontinued the cafeteria, though I am glad that the college has invited food trucks on-campus. However, the school spends too much money on things that don't matter. I witnessed the school lay redo landscape that was perfectly fine instead of install more microwaves or hire more cashiers in the bookstore. Thus, it's difficult to warm up or buy food or supplies. The school seems more focused on protecting their image than showing their students kindness. I hope that in the future they hold a survey to actually attempt to take into mind the students' concerns. There is much potential in it!

Georgina

It is a great school. A lot of people think otherwise and they see it as a bad school, but I find it as pleasant and helpful as any other college. As long as you just go to what you're there for, for your education. Take the classes you need and get back home and finish all your assignments and simple as that. This school offers a lot and helps a lot. I love it & im close to my family!

Haley

it is a great school with lots of activity's. the school campus is nice and clean. i enjoy the students they are nice. the food is good and enjoyable. the campus is nice and there are a lot of things to do. there are also many sources for help in different subjects.

Jasmin

San Joaquin Delta College is the embodiment of Stockton, Ca. The professors are brilliant and you will gain so much knowledge if you bother or email or visit them during office hours. If you have a heavy mathematics major, SJDC has some of the best professors that will ever teach you in your life. I say that with absolute certainty. The actual students are from Stockton. They can be obnoxious and rude, but they are there to go to school or figure out what they want in life. Can be dangerous during night time as we do have the occasional mugging or sexual assault, however, we do have security hotlines, and a relatively small campus.

Wendy

I believe that Delta College has many great opportunities for people who do not necessarily want to pay a lot. They have phenomenal professors who will help you out if you ask for it. I also believe that their athletics department is pretty good.

This is a good place to acquire your GE Breadth, but that's it. There are little to no research and/or internship opportunities in the surrounding. Also, there is a large gang violence scene in Stockton, where SJDC is located. Also, while we are ethnically diverse, there isn't much diversity in the student body's interests.

Breanna

San Joaquin Delta College is a great community college. Everyone is so friendly. The environment is perfect not too small and not too big. It's perfect to get around. I think it's he perfect place for those who don't want to move away from home. Delta is a great college to have a new start for college. It's the right place to start off college that will prepare you for a 4 year college

Alicia

The college is pretty good. I wish there were more clubs available but overall good. The professors are nice and very accommodating. The campus is a bit ghetto and can be lonely at times. There isn't really a campus life. The clubs are limited but for the price it's good.

Ahnuksan

I think that San Joaquin Delta College is a pretty good campus that allows for all different types of activities while also allowing a great academic atmosphere. If I had to choose a college to go to, but not have to spend crazy amounts of money on, I'd choose Delta College.

Elijah

San Joaquin Delta College is a school that at first can feel unsafe, not completely welcoming, and full of heterogenous teaching styles. However, after attending the school for an entire year, I can tell you that the school is anything but. It is chock-full of smaller communities, support groups, community-service life, and public art/film gatherings. The education also ranks very high among community colleges I've seen; Good teachers, like good community involvement is just something you have to aim for, and ask around about. In summary, Delta College is truly an incredible campus once your own path through it.

Hoku

San Joaquin Delta college is a great Junior College. The campus is not excessively large, but it is not too small either.The professors here are helpful and are wanting us to succeed and that is helpful for what I want to do. The staff are welcoming and friendly and you shouldn't be afraid to aproach anyone if you have a question. I play softball and the team and coaches are really nice. They have an athletic zone where athletes go to study/tutor. With sports and classes, the athletic zone ia helpful because I know I can go there and get work done without being distracted. I would recommend San Joaquin Delta College to future High School graduates.

Kealani

San Joaquin Delta College is a junior college located in the valley of California. It is in Stockton California which is not the safest town, so watch out. It is right across the street from two malls so there's plenty of job opportunities. If you are planning on transferring after this JC don't go see the normal counselors. Go straight to the transfer counselor. She gets booked fast so call and make an appointment. The normal counselors are known to religiously tell students to take the wrong courses, which often times causes them to pay more money and stay extra semesters to fix the mistaken courses and take the proper ones for their major. GO TO THE TRANSFER COUNSELOR she will tell you the right classes to take, don't hesitate.

Nadia

San Joaquin Delta college provides a nursing program with equal opportunity to all individuals. Their goal is to have every student succeed and become a successful nurse. Moreover, they allow us as students to participate in community events and contribute to help it strive and improve.

Mikayla

San Joaquin Delta College is a nice campus that does a nice job of providing a safe place for students to learn. There are many clubs and activities to participate in, but there is also always an open area to study and get homework done. The campus is beautiful and full of a variety of different plants and trees. Students have a wonderful staff to lean on when they need it and lots of places to go when they need help. Overall a very good school.

Miranda

My overall opinion about Delta College is that it's a great place to start. The professors want to see and encourage each student to succeed. The college is a great place to take your general education courses before transferring to a four year university.

Delta College is a great place to learn and grow. I have been attending Delta College since 2009. My experience here has been great. In 2009 I applied for work study and received a job in DSPS (Disability support Program & Services) and assessment testing departments to get hand on experience and income. While at work I learned how to tutor, plan special events and organize student’s important information. Based on my performance, I came to the conclusion that working for public administration was the right approach for me. So, I decided to explore this career through many sources: Delta College career Center, Eureka website and Sacramento State University transfer. I received a certificate of appreciation for assisting disable students at Delta College. The students at this college are very helpful if you need information on something they would direct you to the right place. In class if you had any problems with materials like a pencil, paper or scantrons to take your test a student would give you one. The instructors are always available through e-mails and classroom. Since I been at Delta College I haven’t meet any students on drug or alcohol. This campus is a drug free place for students to learn and grow intellectually in a safe environment. Delta College has a lot of events to attend and a great athletic department. The campus is always clean and has an awesome fish pond in the middle of campus. My son always loves to see when he comes with me to campus. I have no complaints about Delta College I would tell anyone I meet that it is a great campus for learning.

Ma. Concepcion

San Joaquin Delta College helps students to achieve their goals. This institution and the staff are very much willing to guide the students toward success. The teachers are also helpful. They know how to mold the students’ character, so that these individuals would be ready to take the next step for success.

Monorom

It's an alright college but the location of the college is in a bad spot where there isn't much eat outs available to the student. The professor don't give up their leisure time that often, if so it's rare. But the students in Delta College is worth a visit, there's so many people who have many goals to achieve in their lives. From ages to young and old. a fantastic experience and the counselors are very helpful on the campus.

Rebecca

I think San Joaquin Delta College is a good college to go to for your first two years because it isn’t as stressful nor expensive as the other colleges such as the UCs/CSUs. Delta is a community college so it isn’t as scary as other colleges for your first year.

Alyssa

My overall opinion of Delta is that for a community college, it isn't bad; although, it reminds me a lot of high school only more lenient. I find the teachers to be very helpful but getting around the campus can be confusing for a freshman. Delta is a good choice if you plan to transfer to a 4 year after a couple of years.

jim

It's a junior college so there's only two things people go there for. Students go their for academics and(or) athletics. It's in Stockton so there's not much to do. There is a mall across the street, but it's empty. Other than school there's not much.

Nhut-Lan

Although there may be stigma towards community colleges, it is worth it to go to one, such as San Joaquin Delta College. San Joaquin Delta College (SJDC) is a great option for those who want to save money by going to a community college first. For instance, they offer a variety of associate's degree programs in areas such as nursing, radiologic technology, electron microscopy, and etc. Regardless of income, attending SJDC is a godsend because it is much more affordable than attending a 4 year college. Therefore, students of all backgrounds can achieve their education and career goals with a fraction of the price of a 4 year college. Furthermore, SJDC is a great starting point in order to adjust to college life before transferring to a 4 year institution. Additionally, it is also great for those who want to go back to school. Moreover, SJDC is an appropriate place to start at for those who are still unsure and indecisive over their choice of major. On the other hand, the resources at SJDC, such as personal counseling, education counseling, tutoring, and etc, are available to students who need it. Speaking from personal experience, most professors at SJDC truly care about their students by sacrificing their time to help students who are struggling to grasp the subject. Likewise, SJDC is rich in diversity because people of all ages, backgrounds, and experiences attend, so you're likely to gain a new friend or learn a new story. Fortunately, if you're famished from all your classes, you're likely to find restaurants that range from your typical McDonald's to something more refined, like BJ's Brewhouse. Similarly, if you're bored on your break, there is a Target and shopping mall conveniently placed near SJDC. However, if you prefer to support local establishments, there are plenty of those too. Unfortunately, the only negative of SJDC would be the lack of professors or classes in a certain department, which make certain classes available only during a specific time. As a result, some students are forced to delay their transfer because they cannot take the classes they need. Overall, the positives do outweigh the negatives. No matter the reason, SJDC is a great place to start for anyone.

Leticia

I believe it is a great school to attend when you need help financially but still want to get a good education to later on transfer and pursue a career. It’s a good community to walk into after coming out of High school. I play sports here and it has grown on me and showed me how much I love my school.

Genesis

The faculty is great, there are many opportunities you can take here at Delta College. I personally like that there are many great services people need to take advantage. Most Professors have fair office hours and help you a lot when you ask.

Selena

San joaquin delta college is a great school, they have lots of opportunities, the instructors are great and always willing to work with students. One cool thing about our school is our atherton auditorium, it was built by someone famous so often outsiders come and take pictures of our gorgeous theater.

Antoinette

I really like going to Delta College. I have seen a huge change in my personality since moving to California almost 4 years ago. I have made the Dean's List for two consecutive semesters in 2017. I have also has a photo of me and two of my friends on the cover of the 2017-2018 academic calendar. The professors here are genuinely interested in seeing their students succeed. I have had so many opportunities to meet and get to know some of my professors and I was even asked by my Zoology professor, to be on the cover of his book about Medical School. Being at Delta has opened many doors for me that I may not have been able to explore back in New York City. The courses are rigorous and I feel the material you learn is adequate to that of a four year university but with a much cheaper tuition. The campus Police are always ready on the call and if you ever need them, they will get to you within 5 minutes. They definitely help make the campus feel safer and are pretty reliable. There's many clubs and programs to join, of which I am a part of three: the American Chemical Society, the Latino Medical Student Association, the Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA) program.

Richard

A very good community college that I have been in for the past year and have grown to like instantly due to the many opportunities that have been given to me and the motto that if you try hard enough then it is possibly to grow to success. And because of that, I recommend Delta to anyone just starting to go to college.

Giselle

In my opinion, I believe that San Joaquin Delta College is a great place because the teachers try their best to help you with your studies. Some teachers provide office hours, their emails, and phone number so that it's easier for you to reach out to them. The people here are generally friendly too and there are many free resources to use while in campus, such as the tutoring session.

Guadalupe

Delta College is not big or small. Its a perfect size for a community college in my opinion. I really enjoy how caring and nice some teachers are. I feel safe in this campus regardless. I just wish they had more clubs and activities for the students. It is a very diverse school which and enjoy coming here. I also wish they had more math teachers. Overall i enjoy coming here.

Alexandra

Great updated facilities. Culture in Stockton in general is what I always have issues with. Stockton is a violent town and this lifestyle trickles into and around the campus life. No matter how many patrol units they place around campus, problems arise.

Teah

From my own personal experience I think that Delta College is a great place to get ahead if your trying to get some of your GED's out of the way for your intended major. At the same time I've also heard some mixed reviews. People have told me that they feel like they are getting behind in this school compared to other. Some have also invested a lot of time here and have gotten their associates degree within 2 years which is great. My overall opinion is that it really depends what your going to college for and Delta might or might not be the school for you. If you plan to go to a vocational school Delta has a lot of opportunities for you to advance in that field. On the other hand if you plan to become a doctor chances are most of your prerequisites wont be available in the class schedules. I have had a great experience with Delta college, the classes are too hard that you cant pass but not so easy that you can just sleep during the lecture. A lot of the professors use online tools and apps o help you complete your homework and study for tests. Not only do they help you with that they are usually available for question outside of the classroom via text or email for questions. There are 2 campus' and also the option to take online courses. If you go to the main campus in Stockton you will have a better variety in picking a class as apposed to the mini campus they have in Mountain House.

Sareena

San Joaquin Delta College was an overall great experience for me. I attended from 2014-2016. I have graduated with my AA in Social and Behavioral Sciences. Delta College offers two campuses the South Campus in Mountain House Ca., and the Main Campus in Stockton Ca. Professors at both campuses are really great and care a lot about their students. I enjoy the South Campus much more than the Main Campus. The South Campus is small, comfortable and safe. While the Main Campus is big, crowded and I constantly felt on edge. I also was able to easily get into classes, and did not have to wait long on the wait list. Most of the time I did not have to be on a wait list at all. Other than the concern for safety, I found it to be a great Junior College.

Arielle Julia

San Joaquin Delta College offers a lot of opportunities for their students. They offer students to join the sports club they want and extracurricular activities that are available for each student. They also do work study which is actually helpful for students who has financial problems. Going to Delta College is an opportunity for a lot of students because they get to study for free and they pay less amount of money. No requirements for SAT, ACT and other tests. Teachers are also available to talk to when needed and you can ask help from teachers personally.

Andy

SJDC is a good community college that everyone strives for good. The professors, students, and staff all want the best for everyone. The professors are all great who care for the students and you can gain great values attending Delta doing a 2-year program of even attending for a certificate program.

I love my school's academics and the students that attend. We have incredibly engaging conversations and the professors are the best of the best. The main problem at the college is the lack of accessibility. The elevators often break down, and as a disabled student, this is a problem.

Katie

San Joaquin delta College is a very nice campus, I am currently a high school student who is taking college classes at the campus, so I do not know anything about the housing facilities or very much about the life on campus, but I do enjoy the classes that I take and the professors that I have experiences have all been very helpful to me and I have learned a lot from them.

Yasmin

San Joaquin Delta College is an average experience in my opinion. As someone doing both high school and classes here at Delta College, the work can vary depending on the classes you take. It has diversity on campus, but there is also a bit of a safety issue once in awhile. An example would be if someone was harrassing another, but I have not personally had any issues as far as safety goes. WIth the new application system, it is often confusing how it works, leading to many (including myself) to miss deadlines on classes even if it wasn't their own fault. Some students weren't even able to apply at all due to the poor program. Even with this negative aspect there is a safe haven for the LGBTQ+ and other communities. Not only this, but they offer full day tutoring in the library, which offers math and writing tutoring. When it comes to the bookstore and food, it gets quite expensive. Not only this, but the food isn't necessarily the best quality either. Although, I do have a picky taste, so it could just be me. Overall, if you need a diverse community along with many different types of classes, this community college is a good pick.