Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Christopher

My high school senior counterpart and I are only a year apart but I have learned so much now that I wish I had known back then. The most important thing I would tell myself is exactly what I wanted to pursue as a major. My major was something I had struggled to decide on as a senior and I ended up picking Film. It would take a couple of classes at a community college's film school for me to learn just how bad of a decision I had made. I had not only wasted a couple thousand but had sacrified my time and health to pursue the Film major. I sat down one night and really thought, "What do I love to do?" It was then I realized I wanted to help people. So now with a renewed spirit, I want to ditch the community college scene and go to a university. But universities are more expensive so I need a scholarship. With that in mind I would tell myself this, "Hey, Chris, your future lies in teaching. Go out and apply for scholarships now and stop wasting your time away. If you want to succeed, start today."

Ryan

Most definetly, take as much science and math as possible and know it well. Understand how and why things work and never be afraid to ask questions. There is always an answer out there, and sometimes when finding the answer one must be head-strong and tenacious. The reward is not only the answer but the gratification of hard work and knowing you did a job well done it took to get that answer. Another thing that is important is to try to become as independant as possible. Being in college isn't simply a time to become knowledgable in a certain field or fields, but more importantly it is a time to make the transition into adulthood and become independant. Take the advantage of this time and do as much on your own as possible. If you are in question about anything, as I noted before, find the answer - there is always one out there. If all else fails, ask your parents.

Santa Fe College's Nursing program has a highly regarded reputation as noted from many of the nurses that I work with here in the SICU at Shands at the University of Florida. I am consistantly told the one can tell the difference between a Santa Fe student and one that has attended a 4-year University. Not only is the nursing program outstanding, but the school overall is progressing in in many ways as it is currently building a very nice Fine Arts building and is in the works of creating its own nature preserved deigned as a classroom.

Since parking is an issue here in Gainesville, I though it unwise to use a substantial part of a parking lot to build the Fine Arts building. Also, having been out of high school for over 10 years I feel very out of place being in college with mostly high schoolers enrolled in the dual-enrollment program. I realize that it is a positive thing for those students, but to fill the classrooms up with high schoolers feel a little off to me.

Douglas

Santa Fe College is both intellectually and socially stimulating, dedicated to offering an intelligent education in all areas of study to those who seek it in pursuit of a degree.

My first and foremost piece of advice would be to do your very best in every aspect of high school since your college life will be much more enjoyable. To add, the simplest, but yet most overlooked guideline is to slow down, loosen up, and really dig into yourself as a person to discover who you are, what you want to do, and over all, who you want to be. In this way, you set a goal for yourself to really strive for instead of being dropped into college with no idea of your future except what other people are telling you. Think outside of the box instead of staying trapped in it with voices from outside pressuring you to do this activity, take this class, or pursue that career. The most important part of college is not to be overloaded with schoolwork, get great grades, or party your brains out; it is to transition from the life of the dependent and reliant follower to the life of a strong and self-sufficient leader.

As a college male, I would initially be frivolous in noting the number of stunning females, but in all seriousness, I do acknowledge that Santa Fe is one of the best schools to use as a stepping stone into a further higher education if someone may wish to pursue one.

Spencer

Santa Fe is a great college for preparing me for the change to a big university,like the University of Florida, broadening my horizons, and has helped me adapt the real world.

If i were to go back in time to see myself in high school the first thing that i would tell myself is not to blow off the college classes that i was taking to make college a little easier when i get there. The next and most important thing I would tell myself would be not to live with regruets in college, it is a time to have fun and enjoy everything happenes for a reason. The biggest thing I would stress to myself would be to concentrate on school more and not make it so hard on myself to get into The University of Florida when I try and transfer. Above all live, learn, have fun, and learn from your mistakes.

The biggest problem with Santa Fe is the fact that their computer software that is used for online classes cannot handle the amount of students that the school has and needs to expand its technology, just like they are expanding the school.

My school is truly ravishing and nothing can compare to its tranquility.

My school is truly ravishing and nothing can compare to its tranquility.

If I was allowed to go back in time I would tell myself to work harder at my advanced classes, pay more attention, study harder, and to go above and beyond. I would like to describe that college isn't a walk in the park and the college credit I would recieve for passing my Advanced courses would save me time and money. I would also tell myself to enjoy my last year because the real world is difficult, and that no one is going to hold my hand through the tough parts. I would also tell myself that hard work will pay off in the end.

The best thing about my school is that it is filled with fabulous professiors wanting to go the extra mile to help students succeed.

Jaclyn

A quaint, social campus that allows for both academic and personal growth of the student while allowing them to relate to faculty on a personal level.

I would definitely go back and ask myself not to slack off at all because schooling gets more and more competitive to get into each year. I also would've probably gotten another part time job and saved money up for college living. I had no inkling of how expensive college could be for students. Even things I used to consider simple, such as eating, are now a huge responsibility. I also would've liked to be more active in on campus events or clubs. I was in a few clubs but never made it to officer status due to work. I feel like that would've benefitted me more in the long run when applying to Universities. Don't attempt to live with your friends! That is the biggest mistake any college student can make. Friends and money do not mix. I've ruined two friendships by living the people that were close to me. Find an apartment/house with a good landlord. Someone who actually cares about the upkeep of your apartment/house will make your life so much easier in college. Study hard, but don't forget to play just as hard as you study.

It's a beautiful campus for a community college. They spent a lot of time making it a pleasent place to be. It's also incredibly easy to navigate through the buildings. The cafeteria has a decent selection of food to eat and the library has an adorable little cafe. There's definitely a sense of community at Santa Fe College.

Jake

A college that is educational, a gateway to universities, and a diverse college.

The advice I would give myself would be to plan ahead, study hard, to not make your junior year english teacher mad at you, and to not procrastinate. To plan ahead so that I could finish high school with more prestige and more merit than I did. Does that mean I performed poorly in high school? No it does not, it only means that I could have done better. I would tell myself to study hard, that those freshman classes do matter, and making better grades would make a difference. Another piece advice would to be to not make your english professor mad because she will grade your papers much more strict. The last piece of advice i would give myself, would be to not procrastinate. Just because I could get away with writing a paper the morning it was due, does not make it right and should be avoided at all costs. When I procrastinate, I am not giving the assignment my all. When I look back at my high school career, the areas I am not proud of , are the areas I would caution myself against doing. Those areas are areas I wish I could have changed.

The type of person that should attend this school, are people who are interested in furthering their education, people wanting small class sizes, and people who want to be taught from intelligent, understanding, thoughtful, and structured professors willing to teach you for the sake of learning itself.

Kay-Dean

My school is an wonderful environment where everyone has the chance to learn and will learn no matter whatever disability they may have.

My school is best known for its diversity.

It's an wonderful experience have fun but study hard at the sametime. Freshman year is the most important year in college so make it count.

Kofi

Well know how college is now what I would first tell myself is to organize my life and keep is organized based on reason. We all organize ourselves based on what we think are prioritized objectives, but I would emphasize on using reason in my descision making. Organize my time around the objective at hand wich is school, money will come in time but if time is wasted money will be lost. Another thing is to be focused, on the objective of graduationg with a certain standing to move on to the next step. School is a large pie that needs to be swallowed in bites but don't draw it out making bites bits and bits. Last piece of advise I would give myself is tostay hungry and never satisfied with setteling. The good thing about learning is it never stops.

Any body who is tired of doing nothing with their life, or people who want to ensure they get in to their specific program at UF

People who should not attend Santa Fe, is hard because no matter what the situation one is going to learn something from Santa Fe

Bretton

Santa Fe College is a very student centered learning environment with small class sizes and accessible professors that will devote their time to assist students in learning the course material.

Santa Fe College is best known for its high transfer rate to the University of Florida.

After high school, I worked full time and went to school at Edison State College part time. After a year of that, I enlisted in the Army and served six years. I quickly became a Sergeant in the Army and worked in military intelligence. As a Sergeant, I frequently found myself training Lieutenants and Captains. On some occasions I even ended up doing their job for far less compensation and respect. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to go straight to college and then join the Army as a commissioned officer. That way, I would have the greatest opportunity to lead soldiers and be compensated for my intellect and the hard work that I devote to everything I do. I also have wished that I could go back to when I was a High School freshmen to explain the importance of hard work to myself. Unfortunately, most students have great talents but do not realize their true potential until they put a solid work ethic into practice.

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.