Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Jake

A college that is educational, a gateway to universities, and a diverse college.

The advice I would give myself would be to plan ahead, study hard, to not make your junior year english teacher mad at you, and to not procrastinate. To plan ahead so that I could finish high school with more prestige and more merit than I did. Does that mean I performed poorly in high school? No it does not, it only means that I could have done better. I would tell myself to study hard, that those freshman classes do matter, and making better grades would make a difference. Another piece advice would to be to not make your english professor mad because she will grade your papers much more strict. The last piece of advice i would give myself, would be to not procrastinate. Just because I could get away with writing a paper the morning it was due, does not make it right and should be avoided at all costs. When I procrastinate, I am not giving the assignment my all. When I look back at my high school career, the areas I am not proud of , are the areas I would caution myself against doing. Those areas are areas I wish I could have changed.

The type of person that should attend this school, are people who are interested in furthering their education, people wanting small class sizes, and people who want to be taught from intelligent, understanding, thoughtful, and structured professors willing to teach you for the sake of learning itself.

Kay-Dean

My school is an wonderful environment where everyone has the chance to learn and will learn no matter whatever disability they may have.

My school is best known for its diversity.

It's an wonderful experience have fun but study hard at the sametime. Freshman year is the most important year in college so make it count.

Kofi

Well know how college is now what I would first tell myself is to organize my life and keep is organized based on reason. We all organize ourselves based on what we think are prioritized objectives, but I would emphasize on using reason in my descision making. Organize my time around the objective at hand wich is school, money will come in time but if time is wasted money will be lost. Another thing is to be focused, on the objective of graduationg with a certain standing to move on to the next step. School is a large pie that needs to be swallowed in bites but don't draw it out making bites bits and bits. Last piece of advise I would give myself is tostay hungry and never satisfied with setteling. The good thing about learning is it never stops.

Any body who is tired of doing nothing with their life, or people who want to ensure they get in to their specific program at UF

People who should not attend Santa Fe, is hard because no matter what the situation one is going to learn something from Santa Fe

Bretton

Santa Fe College is a very student centered learning environment with small class sizes and accessible professors that will devote their time to assist students in learning the course material.

Santa Fe College is best known for its high transfer rate to the University of Florida.

After high school, I worked full time and went to school at Edison State College part time. After a year of that, I enlisted in the Army and served six years. I quickly became a Sergeant in the Army and worked in military intelligence. As a Sergeant, I frequently found myself training Lieutenants and Captains. On some occasions I even ended up doing their job for far less compensation and respect. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to go straight to college and then join the Army as a commissioned officer. That way, I would have the greatest opportunity to lead soldiers and be compensated for my intellect and the hard work that I devote to everything I do. I also have wished that I could go back to when I was a High School freshmen to explain the importance of hard work to myself. Unfortunately, most students have great talents but do not realize their true potential until they put a solid work ethic into practice.

Tatiana

Santa Fe has small classes, friendly staff and faculty, and challenging classes since they want to prepare you for university level education.

Well for a person really wanting to transfer to UF this is the place to be. Also Santa Fe is in the top ten community colleges in the nation.

First of all never base your decision solely on financial issues. Second it is way cheaper to buy textbooks online and if you want to earn more money it is also better to sell online or even better through websites like uloop where the website doesn't take commission. Living off campus is actually less stressful thamn living in campus, if you receive financial aid make sure you save enough to last you for at least one month for the following semester because the financial aid office may not disperse the money until three weeks into the semester. The last thing I would tell myself is to enjoy it.

Malcom

Over the past four years of my life I have grown a lot. I have learned lessons that my parents have attempted to teach me, but could only be learned through experience. If I had the opportunity to go back in time and speak with my former-self, I would emphasize many, if not all, of these life lessons. The first lesson I would preach to myself about is the importance of my education. I have an extremely high regard for my education now that real-life experiences have shown me where not being educated could leave me. I would also point out that college is of a completely different realm than high school. Only the best students, not necessarily the smartest, make it to, and succeed in, the college environment. Therefore, discipline and hard work are instrumental in successfully achieving a sound college education. Hopefully these lessons would make an impact and show my younger self what I should really be working on at that point in time.

Sasha

Santa Fe is best known for the class sizes. Most people choose Santa Fe as opposed to to U. F to do their first two years because , the maximum class size is about thirty people. A student is able to ask questions in class and get feed back on the spot, as opposed just being able to e-mail the professor. I feel that Santa Fe professors really make an effort to know all their students by name and make sure that no student gets left behind. This is why class size makes a difference.

Santa Fe embraces diversity and it is shown through out campus. The staff is evely dispersed as far as ethnicity, which makes students of different cultures feel comfortable no matter what office they may enter. Specifically, the Office of Diversity is very helpful with catering to students. In my first semester of college, I was not finacially able to pay over $100 for a calculator, the office let me borrow one for the semester at no cost. Another unique thing about Santa Fe is that some of the professors also teach at the University of Florida.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take school more seriously. In high school I was aware that my future awaited, but I didn't realize how soon it would take effect. I would also tell myself that the grades that I make in high school WILL definitely affect me in college whether high or low. Most importantly ,I would tell myself not to worry about trying to be the most popular girl or the homecoming queen, because it doesn't matter in college.

K.

My school was a community college but is now a four year university but it still has the small classes and the small school feel.

I need you to understand the true importance of a good education. Your grades, your conduct, where you choose to volunteer, even the clubs you participate in will effect you. What you learn or don't learn in school will determine your entire life course and future. The decisions you make now will determine whether you are the one who runs the coorporation or the one who cleans it. Listen to your Mom and Dad because they love you and want what's best for you.

I wish I had known it would be this easy to get back into school. I wish I had known to apply for financial aid alot sooner.

Jamie

I would tell myself to be more open to diversity. I grew up in a small town that was not really diverse. When I went to college it was so wierd to see all these different people that I wasn't used to seeing everyday. I know see the greatness of being diverse and open to all other traditions, cultures, & beliefs.

That the online courses are not that helpful. The teachers really don't engage you to actually learn online they just make you read answer questions, but do not force you to do assignments that help you mingle with other students via the internet.

A person who wants a huge classroom setting. Class sizes are small and I think personally that helps me learn better, but if you want a corporate multiple person feel you shouldn't attend this college.

Katie

If I were to go back to my high school senior year I would give myself advice on everything from money, to considering many different colleges campuses. Like most college students, money is one of the most stressful things for me, and I have experienced this full force my freshman year. I would advised myself to apply for more scholarships and seek out other funding options. I would give this advice because now I am in college and have to work fulltime at a local daycare in Gainesville. Luckily Santa Fe offers many classes after 5pm, allowing me to work while also going to school fulltime. So if I had had the knowledge I have now, it would have made the transition and my time here much more enjoyable. I also would have told myself in high school to look at a variety of schools. Because now from traveling and meeting new people I have set a goal to go to Florida State University this upcoming fall. This Scholarship would allow me to go to my dream school and not have to work fulltime in order to pay for the high cost of tuition, books and simply just living.

Currently I go to Santa Fe College in Gainesville. The best thing about Santa Fe I have experience would be the variety of class which give each student the opportunity to discover what they want to do. The administration encouraged me to take a variety of classes, and therefore discover what each student i really passionate about.

Honestly, I wished I had thought and took more time to think about what I really wanted from my college experience. Making late decisions and not planning as I should have, I now struggle as a freshman. Saving money has been one of the hardest things, as it usually is for most college students. Especially since I have set my sights on going to Florida State College, enough money has become even harder to come by. So I wish I had thought to save more money and make long term plans for the next four years.

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.