Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Arial

I would advise myself to not miss class so much just cause the atmosphere is more relaxed, to be a little more confidant, and not to procrastinate just because turning stuff in over Angel(online) is easier than bringing it to class and handing it to your teacher. I'd also warn myself that parking will be aggravating, so you need to get a headstart, and coming in even 5 minutes late can be pretty annoying cause you've already missed information. Finally, I'd let myself know that it isn't so hard when you're on the right track, and to not be intimidated, because I can get through it, get that degree, and go on to be very successful.

That it's really awkward to talk to people.

The things that I'm studying and how much more relaxed college is than high school.

Shaina

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to explore the campus of the college that I chose so that I could familiarize myself with my suroundings. I'd explain to myself that getting to know a counselor in my school is a great thing because if I have any questions or concerns I could contact them. I would also tell myself to save as much money I can during my senior year for textbook costs and other significant reasons. I would tell myself to improve my study habits, writing skills, and typing skills as well.

I wish I'd known how much textbooks costs before I came to school, but I'm sure that's with any school.

Santa Fe is for anyone who wants to further their education. There are no limits because everyone who attends Santa Fe is from a different background and all the diversity makes it a great school to attend.

I think Santa Fe is best known for our sports teams. Santa Fe Saints have great basketball, baseball, and softball teams. Our athletic teams are always winning some kind of championships or awards. Our liberal and performing arts groups are great too! We have a great student government, a school newspaper, and an awesome traching zoo!

If I could go back in time, I'd go further than my senior year to tell myself about college. I dual enrolled at Santa Fe College for my junior and senior years of high school. If I could go back, I'd go back to my sophomore year of high school and tell myself two things. One: I would tell myself to research which classes exactly I needed for my degree in agriculture in order to transfer. I'd explain to myself that my dual enrollment counselor was going to allow me to take the wrong classes for my AA degree thus causing me at least an extra year of college because of classes I had to retake and other classes I needed to transfer. Two: I would tell myself that after high school graduation I would need to go to the addmissions office to ensure that they properly recieved my high school transcripts. I would explain how the addmissions office recieved my transcripts but didn't process them correctly, causing a hold on my student account. If I could fix these two things, I would be further in my degree right now and would have had less stress.

I don't think there are people who shouldn't attend this school. Santa Fe College is a very diverse college and gives equal opportunities to all students. In the two years that I've attended Santa Fe I've seen many different kinds of people. I've met people with different religious and political views, people of different races, and from different countries. I think Santa Fe College can be for anyone.

Yukong

If I could go back in time I would of applied myself more into getting scholarships as I did not do any of that while I was in highschool. If I applied myself more I would not be stressed out as much with paying for school or making rent at work every week seeing if I make my hourly quote. Also I would do more research on which college/university I wish to attend instead of going to the traditional in state university. In my college experience I have not decided what I wanted to do as a career until now, so I have wasted some time and money on courses that do not help me out on my current career. If I knew this in highschool I would of been more prepared for college more, but you know you never listen to other peoples advise until its too late.

The best thing about my college would be they offer both day time and night time courses. This is a big factor in my life right now since i cannot take day time courses because of working to pay for my education and my living.

The most frustrating thing about this college so far would have to be the run around they give you for their services. Seem like a lot of people working there does not know what they are doing and just tell you to go to another building for the answers. For example the Financial Aid office.

Reba

I did not sonsider many other schools. However Santa Fe had more classes than the other school i had considered.

If i could talk to my former high school self i would tell my self to get as much done now and don't procrastinate so much. It would be a lot easier on me if i would have continued with college right out of high school rather than waiting like i had done.

Any kind of person should attend this school. It is a community college with very diverse feilds of study. Everyone should have the opportuniy to go to this school.

Sonja

Most of my classmates are ery diverse, you have white,black, asian, male, female, liberal, conservative, gay and straight students.

Focuse and pay attention in school. My senior year I was goofing off and not paying attention. If I was more mature and payed attention to my grades I would have been able to transfer straight into a university instead of having to go to a community college first. Also save all my money from my job to use when I get to college. Going from being complely dependent on your parents to becoming independent is a change. You get introdued to a word most high school seniors are not familiar with......BUDGET.

Parking!!!! They tore down the one parking lot (whih had 100+ parking spaces to build an art building. Th bad poart is they have not replaced those 100+ parking spaces while their enrollment is growing. In addition, when this semester started they had a trailer taking up an addition 6 spaces. If your enrollment is growing, why are you reducing the number of spaces your student has to park in?

Alicia

Before I transferred to Santa Fe I went to another community college and it was no where near as difficult as Santa Fe. There are teachers from the University of Florida that also teach at Santa Fe and it helps a lot. They teach the same way so we are prepared for the level of difficulty that UF will give us. It gives us a challenge.

Don't slack! Apply to every school you can. Study A LOT before taking the SAT's and ACT's. Keep your grades up and don't make any decisions based on your friends, boyfriend/ girlfriend, or family. Choose the school you want to go to based on whats best for you.

Right now I am in the process of transferring to the University of Florida, but I have to go back and take a few of the suggested electives to boost my g.p.a. a little, but I can't get financial aid. I am unable to take classes now, because I have no way to pay for them and they aren't really willing to help me figure something out. Now I'm stuck. I can't take classes anywhere.

Krystal

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a senior, I would have to say to me "Krystal, take your SATS and your ACT." When I was a senior in highschool, I was completely aware of what my plans were for the next coming year. Go to a community college, get my AA, transfer to a university and be on my way to Med school for my Ph.D in psychology. What I didn't know is the point in taking my SATS or ACT because I didn't think they would ammount to anything in a community college. Boy, was I wrong! Later, I learned that if I would have taken the two test I could have saved myself from a dreadful 3 hour placemet test and possibly elimated some of my remedial classes. Which could have saved any busy college student who needs to juggle school and work, lots of time and money. However, instead of dreading on the past hypothecial questions, I take pride in the work that I learned and did in those remedial classes. I met some of the greastest professors on the way and have now learned to regret nothing.

The worst thing about Santa Fe would probably have to be the communication. Everything is perfered through email. When you need to speak to someone that involves multiple questions, there should always be a person avaliable to attend to the students and help them in anyway they can so that students do not always seek the "I'll drop them an email" alternative. Not only is it unrealistic in the real world to get things done through email, but it's not nearly as personal. I also feel its a better way for students to practice their communication skills.

Let's face it, there is such thing as people who just weren't made for school. They don't enjoy it, don't do well, and half the time they're are better off career and money-wise. I feel it's those kinds of people who shouldn't attend this school. Most of the people at Santa Fe College, have the ultimate goal of making it into the University of Florida. If you aren't happy and don't pride in your school and/or work you shouldn't be there. Do something smart that makes you happy.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would tell myself how dedicated I would need to become at working hard on keeping the focus on school work to make it a little easier in the transition from "high school senior" to "college life". You almost get lazy in your senior year where transitioning into that "adult life" can be a little tougher than it needs to be. Nobody can make you go to college or go to classes, so I think preparing yourself for it early may be the better idea. I believe, there aren't enough high school teachers that can prepare you for what college life is like. If I could time travel, I might have a better shot at getting a head start on the college life transition.

Cody

I would tell myself to dual enroll in more college classes and take advantage of the free classes and free books. I would spend more time researching for scholarships, grants and loans. Learn the importance of time management and the importance of good study habits. Check out more colleges and what they offer and when the dead lines are for enrolling. I would participate in more of the high school clubs and organizations. This would provide me with more leadership opportunities which would be helpful in the college environment. I would spend more time in my guidance counselors office getting advise and learning more on the transition from high school to college life. I would make more time to study and prepare for the ACT test and also take the test more than twice. I would tell myself to focus more on my career choice and start preparing by volunteering at the local medical center. Most of all I would take more time to enjoy the overall high school experience and let my teachers know how much I appreciated all the time and efforts they put into my education.

I think this college may not be right for you if you : like large class sizes want to be in the middle of a big city want to live on campus grounds do not like a small food court do not like a country environment want to be in a large scale college do not like hot weather do not like the more laid back environment are looking for large scale sports

The 3 things that I brag about my college are: 1. I brag about the location of the college. It is on the outskirts of town so you do not get into the traffic jams. 2. I brag about the class size. The class size is always small so it's not overwhelming and makes for a better learning environment. 3. The last thing I brag about is the campus grounds. The grounds are covered with large oak trees which makes a nice place to study. The campus size is also small so you can get to classes easy.

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.