Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Tracey

Santa Fe College is best known for its Health care degrees and certificate programs. They offer everything from entry level healthcare such as Certified Nursing Assistant and Dental Assistant to Associate of Science Degrees in Registered Nursing, Cardiovascular Technology and more. Additionally those programs are very active in volunteering in our community, in order that one?s education may in some ways benefit others.

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take more time to study and seriously focus on my future. The senior year of high school is not the end for college students; it is actually a transition and preview of what the ?real world? is like. Most seniors spend their life partying and skipping class, this can be detrimental to your collegiate future. The amount of freedom that you get in that year is about one quarter of the amount you get in college. If you spend that small amount of time in recreation, how do you think you will manage your time when you have the ability to choose when, where, and how you go to class. The decisions you make now, while they may seem small, will affect your entire future. Endeavor to not look back 5 years later still in your undergraduate studies thinking ?If only I had taken my freshman year seriously...?. Take the time to seriously meditate on your goal for your transition from high school and which direction you want that road to lead you down in your future.

Their Nursing program is ranked as one of the very best in our entire region. The key reason is that they begin clinical hands on experience in the first semester of the program. Additionally they require a certified practice board exam that the student must pass to complete the program. Because of those things, Santa Fe has a 99% Florida Board of Nursing pass rate.

Erica

My school is known for the zoology class as well as being a mechanic or anything to do with the arts. We have a big zoo like space that students study and help run to be better involve with treating animals as well as making sure they are comfortable around certian things.

The type of advice I would give myself is to manage my time to study, go to class, go to work and be more outgoing to know more people. Also to have a really good relationship with your teacher because certian things would be alot easier if you work your butt off. Let's say if you have trouble in your class and you know that you are struggling to get a good grade and your teacher sees this, she/he would help make it go more smooth by giving you extra credit or extend the date for you. As for making new friends you would have to speak to your classmates whether you need help or if you know they need help or just get into group activities or join any sports. It is really important to manage your time wisely. Give yourself sometime to study and not do anything else because in the long run it'll definitely work out in your interest. Don't overload on yourself by getting more hours at work because you'll definitely be behind on school work and your college experience would be a nightmare and more stressful.

Before going to college i wish i wouldve known how to manage my time more wisely. I wish i would've known what my major is and learn how to make friends. Be more outgoing and less shy. If i knew how to all these things my semester would probably be alot smoother and I wouldn't be sitting by myself or isolated myself from everyone i don't know.

Angel

Compared to other schools I've considered, my school has an unique method of obtaining a degree. For instance, at my school I have the option to take any class I wish to take just as long as it's in my degree field.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition I would advise myself to set firm goals, stay focus and remain consistent even through contrary circumstances. First I would advise myself to set goals because I've learned that in life a course taken without a plan or a goal leads to nowhere. Then I would advise myself to make those goals 'firm' because I've also learned that circumstances may change but a firm and set goal stays the same. I truly believe that success begins with a single dream and is achieved by someone who meet their goals! Remainig focus in school is vital so I would definitely advise myself to stay focus. If I were to drive and not be focused on the road, disaster and regret will be the outcome of that foolish act. In that same way, not being focused or paying attention to where I'm trying to go in school, will also end in disaster and regret. Lastly, I would advise myself to be consistent even when times get hard. Life has its ups and downs, twists and turns but if I keep on going I will make it!

When I tell my friends about my school I brag mostly about the location and affordable tuition. I am originally from Jacksonville, FL so now that I live Gainesville, FL I love to tell my friends all about the different scenery, atmosphere and advantages of attending my school. Then I began to brag about the affordable tuition at my school. Like how reasonable the tuition and fees sum up to, and how my school offer all sorts of scholarships and grant opprotunties to make college life affordable.

Fanny

Knowing what I know about college life now i would have taken college classes in high school, transfer to a university right after high school, and read more about the scholaship offers the schools provide for you. first of all, taking college classes in high school will reduce the years of your college degree and will prepare you more for the college classes you have to take, plus it will help you avoid those intro classes in college. second of all, transfering from a high school to a university instead of a college makes life easier for students because you need less prerequisites to get accepted to the university. finally, reading more about what type of scholaships the school is offering for you is a very good way to start because most high school will not inform students about the scholarships they have and college or university will be very difficult ifyou come from a low income family like me and have to work full time to pay for your school classes because you dont want to be working like your parents and get a low income, you want to be a professional and earn a degree.

The worst thing about my school is that in oder for a student to take a class , they have to go over other classes such as intro class that does not even count toward your degree in order for the student to move on to the actual class they need. In my opinion i think that ust makes the student stay behind and it is a waste of time also.

I brag about being behaind just because i have not completed the two classes that i need to que transfer to a university because there is two other classes i have to finish first in order to move on to the classes i really need to transfer.

Arial

I would advise myself to not miss class so much just cause the atmosphere is more relaxed, to be a little more confidant, and not to procrastinate just because turning stuff in over Angel(online) is easier than bringing it to class and handing it to your teacher. I'd also warn myself that parking will be aggravating, so you need to get a headstart, and coming in even 5 minutes late can be pretty annoying cause you've already missed information. Finally, I'd let myself know that it isn't so hard when you're on the right track, and to not be intimidated, because I can get through it, get that degree, and go on to be very successful.

That it's really awkward to talk to people.

The things that I'm studying and how much more relaxed college is than high school.

Shaina

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to explore the campus of the college that I chose so that I could familiarize myself with my suroundings. I'd explain to myself that getting to know a counselor in my school is a great thing because if I have any questions or concerns I could contact them. I would also tell myself to save as much money I can during my senior year for textbook costs and other significant reasons. I would tell myself to improve my study habits, writing skills, and typing skills as well.

I wish I'd known how much textbooks costs before I came to school, but I'm sure that's with any school.

Santa Fe is for anyone who wants to further their education. There are no limits because everyone who attends Santa Fe is from a different background and all the diversity makes it a great school to attend.

I think Santa Fe is best known for our sports teams. Santa Fe Saints have great basketball, baseball, and softball teams. Our athletic teams are always winning some kind of championships or awards. Our liberal and performing arts groups are great too! We have a great student government, a school newspaper, and an awesome traching zoo!

If I could go back in time, I'd go further than my senior year to tell myself about college. I dual enrolled at Santa Fe College for my junior and senior years of high school. If I could go back, I'd go back to my sophomore year of high school and tell myself two things. One: I would tell myself to research which classes exactly I needed for my degree in agriculture in order to transfer. I'd explain to myself that my dual enrollment counselor was going to allow me to take the wrong classes for my AA degree thus causing me at least an extra year of college because of classes I had to retake and other classes I needed to transfer. Two: I would tell myself that after high school graduation I would need to go to the addmissions office to ensure that they properly recieved my high school transcripts. I would explain how the addmissions office recieved my transcripts but didn't process them correctly, causing a hold on my student account. If I could fix these two things, I would be further in my degree right now and would have had less stress.

I don't think there are people who shouldn't attend this school. Santa Fe College is a very diverse college and gives equal opportunities to all students. In the two years that I've attended Santa Fe I've seen many different kinds of people. I've met people with different religious and political views, people of different races, and from different countries. I think Santa Fe College can be for anyone.

Yukong

If I could go back in time I would of applied myself more into getting scholarships as I did not do any of that while I was in highschool. If I applied myself more I would not be stressed out as much with paying for school or making rent at work every week seeing if I make my hourly quote. Also I would do more research on which college/university I wish to attend instead of going to the traditional in state university. In my college experience I have not decided what I wanted to do as a career until now, so I have wasted some time and money on courses that do not help me out on my current career. If I knew this in highschool I would of been more prepared for college more, but you know you never listen to other peoples advise until its too late.

The best thing about my college would be they offer both day time and night time courses. This is a big factor in my life right now since i cannot take day time courses because of working to pay for my education and my living.

The most frustrating thing about this college so far would have to be the run around they give you for their services. Seem like a lot of people working there does not know what they are doing and just tell you to go to another building for the answers. For example the Financial Aid office.

Reba

I did not sonsider many other schools. However Santa Fe had more classes than the other school i had considered.

If i could talk to my former high school self i would tell my self to get as much done now and don't procrastinate so much. It would be a lot easier on me if i would have continued with college right out of high school rather than waiting like i had done.

Any kind of person should attend this school. It is a community college with very diverse feilds of study. Everyone should have the opportuniy to go to this school.

Sonja

Most of my classmates are ery diverse, you have white,black, asian, male, female, liberal, conservative, gay and straight students.

Focuse and pay attention in school. My senior year I was goofing off and not paying attention. If I was more mature and payed attention to my grades I would have been able to transfer straight into a university instead of having to go to a community college first. Also save all my money from my job to use when I get to college. Going from being complely dependent on your parents to becoming independent is a change. You get introdued to a word most high school seniors are not familiar with......BUDGET.

Parking!!!! They tore down the one parking lot (whih had 100+ parking spaces to build an art building. Th bad poart is they have not replaced those 100+ parking spaces while their enrollment is growing. In addition, when this semester started they had a trailer taking up an addition 6 spaces. If your enrollment is growing, why are you reducing the number of spaces your student has to park in?

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.