Orange, CA
Santiago Canyon College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santiago Canyon College

Breanna

Some are very helpful but others seem to not care that they are there for higher education. Some treat it as though they are still in high school.

The only thing I would change about my senior year of high school would be to take a science class. I know that because I haven't taken one in what will be two years, I will have a hard time remembering everything. If I would of taken one then I could of started off at a higher level of science in community college. I was too caught up on wanting to get out of school early that I didn't bother to take that extra class.

A few members of the faculty are somewhat rude and unhelpful.

Gerardo

My school is Santago Canyon College. It is located in between Orange Hills and Anaheim Hills. It's a beautiful campus with lots of great staff that are willing to help students in any possible way they can. It's a small campus but it feels like you know everyone here.

Santiago Canyon College is best know for its Forensics team, I believe its top 10 in California among all colleges.

If I coul go back to the time when I was a High School senior, I would say many things to myself. I would tell myself to start planning for college right away and not wait until the last minute to apply. Alsa, to apply to more than one school in case my first choice is not available. The most important thing I would say to myself would have to be, to encourage myself to continue working hard to maintain a good academic standing and to start saving for college.

Nadia

My school is a place to grow both mentally and socially.

My school is a place to grow both mentally and socially.

My school is best known for it's wonderful professors, couselors, staff members, and students. It is a small campus but offers a wide variety of courses. The staff is very student orientated and focuses on helping students achieve their goals and dreams.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you." I really should have payed attention to this quote throughout my high school journey. If I were able to travel back in time and revisit myself as a high school senior I would like to have been more confident about myself as well as the future. Throughout high school, I was unsure about the educational path I would choose, whether it be attending a university or community college. I was pressured by peers and teachers to aim for a four-year university, but now that I look back at my final decision, attending a community college first was the correct choice for me. I also would have liked to have been more confident in myself. After graduation a weight seems lifted. All cliques disinigrate and people tend to uncover their true being. I would have liked to have been unafraid and more positive with myself and gut instinct.

I would describe them as students who want to attend a 4 year but couldn't afford it.

I would tell myself to apply at the 4 years university because California won't have the money later to let you transfer in. So get in now while you can! It's not fair that you live in California and you can't get into the schools.

Coming out of high school it's a good start for the average student.

Kelly

A gleaming powerful broad institution that is nestled in the motionless whispering but beautiful hills of fabulous Orange County California that provides extraordinary educational opportunities to all students from all backgrounds and walks of life.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition to college I would tell myself that stright A's and honors classes are so important to transfer into a great educational institution. I would also tell myself that partying and hanging out with friends is not anywhere near as imporant or fun until you have experienced how it is in college so I should buckle down, study more, and get good grades.

Everything, so I could test out of everything... Just kidding. I wish I had known more about scholariships, grants, and loans. I also wish I would have known more about how exactly one should prepare mentally, emotionally, and physically for the harsh and real word demands of college life.

my school is a newer school. very well designed campus. also has an award winning library!

i would have told myself, save money. focus on what you really want to do with your life. be prepared. study study study.

i wish i would have known just how much college would cost!

Norely

Wow, if I could go back to High School and give myself advice about college I would start of by telling myself to pay attention! As a high school senior my objective was just to pass the class and graduate. Everything teachers were teaching went in through one ear and out through another. I would of told myself to pay attention because I wouldn't have to struggle with college taking two intermedial math classes. I was back to high school just in college. Even though it made better sense the second and third time it was a waste of money and time for me. I would of also told myself to start getting the college experience. I could of done that by taking AP classes and getting ahead of myself. It would of helped me finish quicker. I would also learn to appreciate the time teacher gave us to do work because in college everything feels rushed. This High School advice would help me be better prepared for college. That being said, you live and you learn so this second time around I am certaintly doing things the right way.

I wish I would have known how the weather was going to be at that college before i decided to enroll. When it is hot it is extrememly hot at school. Summer school was a drag! It gets way to hot! I am a little more use to it now.

The worst thing I consider about my school is that it is a really small campus. I do not like that it is a small campus because they dont have as many classes as other community college's have. It is also a bad thing because I like to me surrounded by a lot more people and have the real college feeling, sometimes it just feels like I am back in High School. It is the challenging classes and short schedules that hit me back into reality and remind me that I am a college student.

Santiago Canyon College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.