Seattle, WA
Seattle University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seattle University

Danielle

Seattle University really does give you a unique environment to learn in. The campus food is amazing and the people there are even better. Coming from a small town I didn't know how I would feel moving to such a big city but, the school's location gives a small town feel with big city amenities. As an international business major, I love how many opportunities there are to work with the many major companies that have headquarters in Seattle. There are plenty of activities to do on and off campus that will help you find your place in school. If you're looking for a school that you will help you grow not only in academics but also as a person Seattle University will be the place for you.

Chris
Awesome College for Progressive Students

Awesome College for Progressive Students

If you are someone who sees themselves as progressivly active or enjoy the discussion and action that social justice can take this is the university for you. It is a jesuit university, but don't let that be a reason against it. I'm non-religious but I think the way that religion and culture is studied here leads to a great beginning for preparing for post graduation.

Hai
Wonderful!

An excellent school in general

Wonderful!

An excellent school in general

Marissa
City Vibes

City Vibes

Seattle U is a great school for those who want to live in a city while also not being directly in downtown Seattle. Being a 15 minute walk away from the heart of downtown, SU gives students the perfect location to venture around campus and learn from the diverse culture Seattle emits, especially Capital Hill where SU is located. While it is a small campus, you will appreciate not having to walk long distances in between class or those few times you happen to be running late to class. A small campus allows for a close knit community to exist where you have real relationships with your professors and classmates. SU is a school worth paying for, despite the high tuition that is constantly increasing.

I like my School

I like my School

I love my University! It's right on Capitol Hill and is only a few minutes walk from downtown! There is an assortment of shops and Cafes, and there is always new foods to try! My classmates are always studious and intelligent and the professors always love to engage with students! One draw back is the tuition, the prices are always on the rise, and sometimes it's terrifying to imagine not getting a job that pays well enough to cover my student loans!

Hamz
My future home.

My future home.

I was raised in Nairobi, and growing up there I have witnessed things that might shock a lot of people. To me, it seemed natural. The thing that I have come to understand is trust. One must be careful about trusting. People will kill you for 20 shillings. Every time you leave your house you can’t be sure that you will come back. This is a difficult lesson for a young child to learn. Visiting Seattle University, I come to understand some of the students that attend at the Seattle University have same value as I one how to help people in poverty across the world with the knowledge the we learn from our professors at Seattle University . I cm to understand the students at the Seattle University don't have the experience of being an immigrant to the USA has given me even more insight because I can see how sheltered Americans are to what is happening in the world. I do believe that this has empowered me to help further develop American culture by adding another American voice to our melting pot and helping our country grow in its empathy for the entire world.

Overall a good place

Overall a good place

Seattle U has a lot going for it. It's an incredibly friendly, warm environment. One dean once told me that the attitude at the school is that all the "kids" are genuinely good, and you'd have to be a pretty deliberately bad person to change their minds. That means that professors start off from a place of respect, though you can always mess it up, but they don't assume anything bad about you right off the bat. It sounds a little random and silly, but the way the dean described it really made a lot of things suddenly make sense to me. It's a Jesuit Catholic school, and while religion is never pushed, the Jesuit philosophy is fundamental to almost every aspect of life at SU. That means: caring about the less fortunate, putting others before yourself, and learning HOW to think, not WHAT to think. There are always a few bad professors at any school, and SU is no exception. But there are so few bad profs there (and it's such a small school) that they quickly get a bad name for themselves, and your friends and classmates will tell you who to avoid. Overall, it's a warm, supportive environment, and a good bridge between home and the real world.

MIMBOUABE

The stereotype of students at my school is international students; they are believed to come from rich parents/families. I don't think this is accurate because a lot of them won a scholarship to study abroad, so their parents are not able to assist their need here in the US.

Seattle University is a very competitive college and for my major, it is very competitive. However, there are great teachers and advisers who go beyond their duty to ensure that all students who need help are got it. Class participation is commonly encouraged and my favorite part is lab where I can put into application what I read in books.

Kim

I wish I had known there were so many hills to walk up to get to places on campus.

The most frustrating thing about Seattle University is the dinning hours for our campus.

Seattle University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.