Fairfield, CA
Solano Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Solano Community College

Bianca

The school has some amazing professors with excellent educations. However, there are some professors that just go to get paid which they make quite obvious. Some classes tend to fill up faster than others. Some faculty members are clearly unhappy and should just retire. The school is also pretty sketchy so it is difficult to feel safe.

Jenna

Solano is an amazing resource for gaining the knowledge, credits, and classes needed to gain your desired degree or to transfer onto a four year. The teachers and staff are very dedicated to give the best help and attention to their students. Everyone is very eager to help each other through study sessions. Overall the community college is a great stepping stone to ones future.

Solano Community College has been very helpful in my college career. I am currently attending Solano and graduating in 2018 with my Associates in General Science. I will be going to Kaiser Permanente's Sonography after graduation. Solano has been very helpful getting me the classes needed to graduate! The teachers are very helpful and are always available to meet and help with any questions!

Christina

I really love this school, because first of all it is really low cost and very helpful to get my school finished up. I've complete my general education credits through Solano and am currently working on finishing up my Bachelors at an online school, while also completing an Associates in Computer Programming.

Flor

This is a great place to go after high school before a four year. The teachers here are excellent, the learning is extremely beneficial and the facilities are up to date. There is a wide range of classes to take and there are tons of extracurricular activities available for students. The school offers lots of volunteer opportunities and job openings. The counselors are wonderful and do a great job of guiding you in your academic career. It is also a very safe place.

No overarching culture, but small class sizes and enough superb teachers (who care!) that if you research your teschers before signing up, it's not hard getting all good ones. Many professors are open to after-class discussions and in them they show their breadth of knowledge. Good teachers, not many facilities.

James

Straighten up and work hard towards a goal. Don't float along young man.

Straighten up and work hard towards a goal. Don't float along young man.

Water program, Green education program, Biotechnology grants for this year.

Not much to brag about, i'ts a typical Community College. Very average , but very conveniant for many people.

Shella

It's a small community with instructors that care about the students.

It's a small community with instructors that care about the students.

I would tell myself that I don't need to choose a major before I even start, regardless of what my parents might think, and when I DO choose a major, not to worry about what kind of job I think it will get me. Studying for a major my parents picked for me is a good way to guarantee to ensure I will do a poor job at it and stop caring about school. I'd also tell myself that even though my parents believe that without either an RN or MRS degree I'll be a jobless vagrant, it will be ok.

Danielle

Solano Community College is a good and convenient school. The teachers are very helpful and are extremely generous when it comes to those few last points you need for that A. There are four campuses around the area which makes it very convenient for students who live farther than where the main campus is located. I have been attending Solano Community College for almost three years now, and I would have to say my time spent there was very satisfying.

Unfortunately our sports program had been cut some years prior which definitely would have been the most popular. For me I would have to say theatre. I'm not too sure how how everyone else might feel towards the theater program, but I have always had a love towards theatre.

Most of the students are from local schools around the area so some familiar faces are always seen. Although those same high school students have a much different perspective towards college than they did in high school. They are much more focused and dedicated. Their image is of less concern which I enjoy more.

Sara

I would tell myself to make sure that I assess all of the possible options of what I am trying to take on and pursue. Not to dive in head first without reaping the consequences, or the weight of my actions. Finding a proper balance between your daily activities and homework can be a chore, but it must be done. Especially if you want to even have the chance to survive in college. I would tell myself to take more risks academically, and take full advanages of whatever resources that my school offered while I have the chance. I would panic less, and plan more. Leaving little room for anxiety, of course you'll be nervous, but suck it up, and don't let your fear stop you. Lastly, I would tell myself to take in all of the advice, but make sure that I am truly happy in the end, and realize that, despite everyone's words, I have to do what I believe is best for me. Not what others believe to be best for me.

The best thing about my school is the flexibility that it offers its students. The campus is very diverse, and it has a college feel, without being overwhelmingly large( since it is a community college). The fact that there are many extension programs that link you closer to big universities gives us a chance to further explore options beyond just getting our AA degree, it shows us the different possibilities we truly have when it comes to transferring.

The kind of person whom should attend this school, should have a mind to put themselves towards a higher education, without having to put themselves in debt. This student also needs to know that it is going to take hard work, and dedication. It being a community college does not make it any less difficult than the big universities.

Solano Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.