Fairfield, CA
Solano Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Solano Community College

No overarching culture, but small class sizes and enough superb teachers (who care!) that if you research your teschers before signing up, it's not hard getting all good ones. Many professors are open to after-class discussions and in them they show their breadth of knowledge. Good teachers, not many facilities.

James

Straighten up and work hard towards a goal. Don't float along young man.

Straighten up and work hard towards a goal. Don't float along young man.

Water program, Green education program, Biotechnology grants for this year.

Not much to brag about, i'ts a typical Community College. Very average , but very conveniant for many people.

Shella

It's a small community with instructors that care about the students.

It's a small community with instructors that care about the students.

I would tell myself that I don't need to choose a major before I even start, regardless of what my parents might think, and when I DO choose a major, not to worry about what kind of job I think it will get me. Studying for a major my parents picked for me is a good way to guarantee to ensure I will do a poor job at it and stop caring about school. I'd also tell myself that even though my parents believe that without either an RN or MRS degree I'll be a jobless vagrant, it will be ok.

Danielle

Solano Community College is a good and convenient school. The teachers are very helpful and are extremely generous when it comes to those few last points you need for that A. There are four campuses around the area which makes it very convenient for students who live farther than where the main campus is located. I have been attending Solano Community College for almost three years now, and I would have to say my time spent there was very satisfying.

Unfortunately our sports program had been cut some years prior which definitely would have been the most popular. For me I would have to say theatre. I'm not too sure how how everyone else might feel towards the theater program, but I have always had a love towards theatre.

Most of the students are from local schools around the area so some familiar faces are always seen. Although those same high school students have a much different perspective towards college than they did in high school. They are much more focused and dedicated. Their image is of less concern which I enjoy more.

Sara

I would tell myself to make sure that I assess all of the possible options of what I am trying to take on and pursue. Not to dive in head first without reaping the consequences, or the weight of my actions. Finding a proper balance between your daily activities and homework can be a chore, but it must be done. Especially if you want to even have the chance to survive in college. I would tell myself to take more risks academically, and take full advanages of whatever resources that my school offered while I have the chance. I would panic less, and plan more. Leaving little room for anxiety, of course you'll be nervous, but suck it up, and don't let your fear stop you. Lastly, I would tell myself to take in all of the advice, but make sure that I am truly happy in the end, and realize that, despite everyone's words, I have to do what I believe is best for me. Not what others believe to be best for me.

The best thing about my school is the flexibility that it offers its students. The campus is very diverse, and it has a college feel, without being overwhelmingly large( since it is a community college). The fact that there are many extension programs that link you closer to big universities gives us a chance to further explore options beyond just getting our AA degree, it shows us the different possibilities we truly have when it comes to transferring.

The kind of person whom should attend this school, should have a mind to put themselves towards a higher education, without having to put themselves in debt. This student also needs to know that it is going to take hard work, and dedication. It being a community college does not make it any less difficult than the big universities.

luisa

Solano community college is a place in which an individual can embody their hopes and dreams; naturally, as a mother looking to enhance and expand my education and my repertoire of skills, Solano was my ideal choice. After spending a year at Chico State University, I felt discouraged due to the steep prices, distant professors, and unfocused environment. My first semester at Solano proved to be an environment that was a catalyst of encouragement, accessibility and efficiency. I have been provided with a rich source for networking as well as opportunities for experience that is necessary in today?s world.

As I look at myself four years ago, I am touched to see the same heart and curiosity that glows in my face today. I can see the enthusiasm to socialize. learn and ultimately enter a field that would lead me to richness. If I could speak with myself, even just for a moment, a would remind myself about the true purpose of college. I would start off by agreeing with my past self, college is a prime opportunity to build a personal network, to connect with peers and professors, and develop relationships that will prove exceptionally useful in the future. However, these networks are not the most important attribute of college; the true gem is the opportunity to enhance and broaden one?s mind. I truly believe that the human mind and heart are directly connected, and in order to properly and effectively develop the strength of the mind, one must realize the passions of the heart. College is the optimal chance to find what it is that gets your blood pumping, and what your mind craves to learn more about. This balance will ultimately lead to a richness that can not be bought by money.

Solano Community College is a great opportunity for students of all types. It has a rich student body ranging from students straight out of high school, to transfers from other colleges, adults looking to get back into school, post-graduate students, and many more. At Solano Students are looking for their chance to become a successful person, so anyone who enrolls with the intent to hinder the learning experience of others should not attend this school. Everyone deserves a chance at bettering themselves, and Solano is the opportune place to do that, and overt distractions negatively affect the environment.

Reema

Academic standards at Solano Community College (SCC) are equivalent/more stringent than those at universities. This is because SCC has transfer agreements with highly respected universities like University of California at Berkeley and Davis. Most teachers have Ph.D.s, are experts in their fields, and have life-long experiences as practitioners and teachers. You get high ?academic? knowledge AND the benefit of real-world experience. That?s why in my view, SCC students are getting even better quality education than at UC Berkeley/Davis. If you are looking for easy education, SCC is NOT the school for you.

If I can go back, I would have done at least three things: 1. Forced myself to think, and perhaps eve decide what I want to study in college. 2. Took classes that better prepared me for my college major. Because I did not do that, I am struggling and taking preparatory classes that I should have taken in high school, thus using precious college time and paying college fees. 3. Kept all my class materials and notes. I threw away most of my high school class lectures and notes. I wish I kept those and I wish I kept them in an organized fashion so I can go back to them quickly and easily. Those notes would have sparkled my memory and saved me the time that I now have to spend finding these materials and re-learning them.

The most frustrating thing I had is class cancellation at the last minute. Sometimes you plan ahead and enroll in a class and after you to the classroom you get informed the class has been cancelled due to insufficient enrollment or some other reason. Another frustrating thing is instructors? turnover. You can never count on taking a class with s specific teacher at a specific semester because that instructor may be teaching a different class or may not be teaching at all that semester.p

Alexandria

I would tell myself that it is ok to be unsure. I would say "I know you think you have everything figured out right now but there is so much out there that you haven't even considered. You have worked so hard during high school to try to be perfect and you think that if you don't transfer to a 4-year university and finish your degree in 4 years that you are a failure. You aren't! Taking your time to figure out what you want to do is a great journey, and guess what, you're going to have fun! Enjoy your time and don't compare yourself to others. You can't go back in time so live in every moment and don't be so hard on yourself. You're going to look back one day and wish you would have taken more time to look at the scenery instead of rushing to the destination. Above all, do your best and enjoy yourself because it goes by way to fast!" Now that I've learned all of that I just have to take the words to heart and live them out now!

I wish I had known that it doesn't matter how long it takes me to figure out what I want to do as long as in the end I am happy with my decisions. I shouldn't have felt pressured to decide right away. It is my life and the choices and decisions I make help define who I am going to be and what I am going to do in the future, so I should have fun while I do it!

Anyone who isn't really sure what they want to do should go to a community college. It is so much cheaper per unit and it gives you such a variety of classes that you can feel free to try things out until you find out what you like.

Gina

Go to college immediately after graduating from High School. Don't focus on one area that much, find what you love and what interests you. Something that you are willing to do for free. Do not take time off, stay enrolled in college until you have accomplished your goal. Take some General Ed classed first, get the feel of the transition from High School. Never take time off, money is important, but education is more important. Study various subjects, get the feel of things before you focus on one subject. As a young adult our minds tend to change often. Happiness is far more important than how much money you make. If you are not happy at your place of employment, everyone around you will be effected. Love, happiness, then money are the order of importance . Learn as much as possible, and retain as much as possible. Knowledge is power and cannot be taken from you.

The worst thing about my school is when we have technological problems at home or at the school. It can really set you back. Due to the fact that we get monsoons, our satellite connection often will have issues.

Anthony

The college offers a wide variety of courses and degrees that can satisfy anyones desires, and they offer these courses at a low and affordable rate so getting an Associate's Degree or even just taking transferable General Education courses isn't a hassle for even the most budget-conscious sutdent can take what classes they may need.

If I could go back in time, and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would most likely tell myself to begin looking into and signing up for scholarships, grants and financial aid so that I could have more money for my first semester of college than I did, and because of how recently I've needed such things. I would also tell myself to devote more time to my studies, work and art so that I would be better prepared for college, its workload and the classes I would be taking. Finally, I would also advise myself to look into multiple art colleges and what their financial aid departments offer so that I would be fully prepared to transfer after recieving an Associate's Degree at my current college.

The only person who wouldn't want to attend this college is anyone looking for a Master's Degree program, or someone looking for a college to transfer to after completing General Education courses.

Solano Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.