Rohnert Park, CA
Sonoma State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sonoma State University

Khalaf

Attending American River college is the first step towards achieving my dream of becoming an electrical engineer. After completing my general education requirements, I plan to transfer to the University of California, Davis, where I will earn my Bachelor of Science degree. I chose this college because I am returning to school after a long break, and community college seemed like the best place to start my education. Here, I don't feel the pressure or competitiveness that University students have to go through. Unlike many university classes, community colleges like this one have smaller class sizes. So, the students are able to talk to their professors more often and have a better chance of finding mentors and building relationships that could help them in their future careers.

Marisela

It has a beautiful campus with relatively small class sizes. The atmosphere is good and it is usually quiet.

College allows you to get out of your comfort zone and meet people from different places and different walks of life. Not only that, I feel that it makes people more open minded and independent.

I wish I had known how little diversity the school has. Being both Mexican and African American, diversity is extremely important to me. I read an article saying that 85 percent of the students at Sonoma State are Caucasian.

Gloria

There is no diversity in my classmates; the majority are white/Anglo.

There is no diversity in my classmates; the majority are white/Anglo.

It's really close to home, and the mascot is a SeaWolf.

I have gotten experience out of my experience. In that experience, I have learned to be more patient,tolerant, and less of a procrastinator. College has opened my mind to a range of topics ranging from dinosaurs to women's rights. This has helped me be more of an open minded person with a lot more common sense. This is all valuable because this all going to help me in the longrun. The world is ever-changing and to be able to cope with new conflicts and to be able to resolve them , the world needs people that are ready and prepared to face unprecendented challenges.

This college experience has tought me sever aspects of the culinary industry already. Learning how to figure out food cost wast , how much business spends on food , and how the resturants get there menu prices has tought me to be wise with money, and if I ever wanted to work in the purchasing side of the business i could. Its definately hard work and worth it at the same time. I think attending this school is valuable to me because I want to better my self and not work dead end jobs the rest of my life. I want to show my family and friends that it is possible to go to school and become what you have always dreamed of.

Matthias

Our nursing program and our dorms. It's also known for being in the middle of wine country and being a small California State University.

My college experience has been one of the most rewarding and difficult experiences of my life. From winning a National Championship on our Club Volleyball team, to teaching courses for freshmen and their transition from high school, I've really tried to take the most I can from the University and what it has to offer. With Sonoma State being a small school, sometimes it's hard for people to get the "true" college experience like one would normally expect. I personally didn't know what I wanted out of my college experience before coming, and I believe I found out who I was, who I want to be, and found the confidence in myself to get what I want to get in any situation. The valuable things I've learned from Sonoma may not have been in the classroom, or found in a fraternity house (since we don't have them), but they're from the things I've done on my own to shape my college experience and to look forward to new experiences in graduate school.

Getting the classes that you not only want, but also need to graduate. Also it's a college in the middle of a middle class neighborhood where the neighborhood doesn't really support the college nor the students that go to the University.

Twaniece

What i am getting out of my college experience is plenty of knowledge that will carry me on into the future. It gives me satisfaction to know that i will be the only one in my family to go to college or to even graduate high school. Attending college is a big step for me or even for this family so the next generation can follow along in my footsteps to better themselves and live a better life then the generation before them. So, when you ask me what i will get out of my college experience i feel like making this step can change the world and also make people proud of the things i will achieve.

Aeisha

I have graduated with an Assocaites Degree in Criminal Justice. I also learned how to communicate on a better level, also i learned how to write better. I have established friendships that will most likely last long. I have enjoyed the first 2 years of my college experience and i cannot wait to go further. Attending college has been so valuable because this will definatley help me in the future. I have a four year old son to take care of and i think by furthering my education, my son and i will highly appreciate my decision to go back to school and better myself.

Bethany

Most are nice, and somewhat polite when it comes to learning about the diversity of others. While people enjoyed taking classes together, I didn't feel as "in" because I was not in fraternities and because I am one of the few people who is a single parent, giving me less social time than most.

My school is best known for its humanistic depth psychologogy department, its research and development programs, and its business department.

I have earned my bachelor's degree in psychology. Given the emphasis on business and humanistic approaches, I feel confident in my decision to pursue my Master's Degree in Organizational Development this Fall of 2010. It has been valuable for me to attend SSU because so many of the faculty encouraged me to develop my ideas, not to mention the research data base full of articles on a vast array of subjects! After attending college, I am extremely motivated to continue my education, more committed than ever to instill values of higher learning into my daughter, and am convinced that hard work really does pay off. I am excited to continue my education here at SSU with high hopes of really putting to the test my skills and talents.

Janine

Sonoma State is very business oriented.

Sonoma State is very business oriented.

As a first generation college student, education has always been extremely important to me. I am planning on becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) when I finish school and all of the education I have received so far has brought me closer to my goals. I have also met some great people and faculty that have offered me support and encouragement that are typically received from one's family. Earning my Associate's degree made me very proud of myself and that much more motivated to continue. I am excited to be starting Sonoma State and learning about what this school has to offer.

People planning on becoming business majors.

Maira

My school is small with many students that care about the classes being cut.

My school is small with many students that care about the classes being cut.

I have gotten many things out of my college experience. I have gained an organization that I'm part of; Lambda Theta Nu Sorority Inocorporated. Its like I have two families. They are my second family whom I get motivated to be here. I am attending school because I want to succeed in life. I have gained a lot of time where before I didn't do much. I see myself getting out more. My time is precious now that I am in college. I have gained a lot of knowledge of what I want to get out with my career. It has been valuable to attend because college makes you know what amazing things you can do in your life. Its not all about the money, its also about doing what you want to do in your life and working with something that you love.

I wish that I had known that there wasn't much diversity in our school because it seems like there are only High class Americans that come to this school. I am Latina and was expecting more Latinos. I come from a small town where there aren't much Latinos either and that is why I wanted to be part of a community where I could see more Latinos like me, so that I can help out the Latino Community in making them succeed.

Sonoma State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.