Rohnert Park, CA
Sonoma State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sonoma State University

This college experience has tought me sever aspects of the culinary industry already. Learning how to figure out food cost wast , how much business spends on food , and how the resturants get there menu prices has tought me to be wise with money, and if I ever wanted to work in the purchasing side of the business i could. Its definately hard work and worth it at the same time. I think attending this school is valuable to me because I want to better my self and not work dead end jobs the rest of my life. I want to show my family and friends that it is possible to go to school and become what you have always dreamed of.

Matthias

Our nursing program and our dorms. It's also known for being in the middle of wine country and being a small California State University.

My college experience has been one of the most rewarding and difficult experiences of my life. From winning a National Championship on our Club Volleyball team, to teaching courses for freshmen and their transition from high school, I've really tried to take the most I can from the University and what it has to offer. With Sonoma State being a small school, sometimes it's hard for people to get the "true" college experience like one would normally expect. I personally didn't know what I wanted out of my college experience before coming, and I believe I found out who I was, who I want to be, and found the confidence in myself to get what I want to get in any situation. The valuable things I've learned from Sonoma may not have been in the classroom, or found in a fraternity house (since we don't have them), but they're from the things I've done on my own to shape my college experience and to look forward to new experiences in graduate school.

Getting the classes that you not only want, but also need to graduate. Also it's a college in the middle of a middle class neighborhood where the neighborhood doesn't really support the college nor the students that go to the University.

Twaniece

What i am getting out of my college experience is plenty of knowledge that will carry me on into the future. It gives me satisfaction to know that i will be the only one in my family to go to college or to even graduate high school. Attending college is a big step for me or even for this family so the next generation can follow along in my footsteps to better themselves and live a better life then the generation before them. So, when you ask me what i will get out of my college experience i feel like making this step can change the world and also make people proud of the things i will achieve.

Aeisha

I have graduated with an Assocaites Degree in Criminal Justice. I also learned how to communicate on a better level, also i learned how to write better. I have established friendships that will most likely last long. I have enjoyed the first 2 years of my college experience and i cannot wait to go further. Attending college has been so valuable because this will definatley help me in the future. I have a four year old son to take care of and i think by furthering my education, my son and i will highly appreciate my decision to go back to school and better myself.

Bethany

Most are nice, and somewhat polite when it comes to learning about the diversity of others. While people enjoyed taking classes together, I didn't feel as "in" because I was not in fraternities and because I am one of the few people who is a single parent, giving me less social time than most.

My school is best known for its humanistic depth psychologogy department, its research and development programs, and its business department.

I have earned my bachelor's degree in psychology. Given the emphasis on business and humanistic approaches, I feel confident in my decision to pursue my Master's Degree in Organizational Development this Fall of 2010. It has been valuable for me to attend SSU because so many of the faculty encouraged me to develop my ideas, not to mention the research data base full of articles on a vast array of subjects! After attending college, I am extremely motivated to continue my education, more committed than ever to instill values of higher learning into my daughter, and am convinced that hard work really does pay off. I am excited to continue my education here at SSU with high hopes of really putting to the test my skills and talents.

Janine

Sonoma State is very business oriented.

Sonoma State is very business oriented.

As a first generation college student, education has always been extremely important to me. I am planning on becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) when I finish school and all of the education I have received so far has brought me closer to my goals. I have also met some great people and faculty that have offered me support and encouragement that are typically received from one's family. Earning my Associate's degree made me very proud of myself and that much more motivated to continue. I am excited to be starting Sonoma State and learning about what this school has to offer.

People planning on becoming business majors.

Maira

My school is small with many students that care about the classes being cut.

My school is small with many students that care about the classes being cut.

I have gotten many things out of my college experience. I have gained an organization that I'm part of; Lambda Theta Nu Sorority Inocorporated. Its like I have two families. They are my second family whom I get motivated to be here. I am attending school because I want to succeed in life. I have gained a lot of time where before I didn't do much. I see myself getting out more. My time is precious now that I am in college. I have gained a lot of knowledge of what I want to get out with my career. It has been valuable to attend because college makes you know what amazing things you can do in your life. Its not all about the money, its also about doing what you want to do in your life and working with something that you love.

I wish that I had known that there wasn't much diversity in our school because it seems like there are only High class Americans that come to this school. I am Latina and was expecting more Latinos. I come from a small town where there aren't much Latinos either and that is why I wanted to be part of a community where I could see more Latinos like me, so that I can help out the Latino Community in making them succeed.

Courtney

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior I would remind myself that hard work and dedication are the keys to obtaining an education. I would inform myself that hard work and dedication in academics is important however those two characteristics are needed in other aspects of transitioning to college and successfully completing the college experience. I was unable to enroll for the spring 2010 semester because I did not work hard to find other means to pay for my education and now I have to involuntarily take a semester off of school because of that lack of determination in that aspect of my college career. I would also tell myself to use those characteristics in extra-curricular activities and community service because my persistence in those areas allowed me to network with other student and craft a place for myself in my school community as a leader. I would share this secret with my high school self because this information is often generalized and intelligent active students like I fall victim to the life lessons we wish someone would have shared.

Devin

Hello anxiously-awaiting-the-start-of-college-high-school-student! Please listen to what I have to say. College may seem like mountain of intimidation with its steep unconquerable slopes, but do not be afraid! Do not hold back from applying to the school of your dreams because you do not think you are good enough. Do not be afraid to move away from home and leave your family and friends behind. Immerse yourself into this exciting new chapter of your life you are about to enter! Read the fine print on every e-mail that comes your way from the college of your dreams, that size 9 point font will get you! Keep a calender of important dates to remember, but really you must remember that you are entering a new time in your life and these changes you are about to face are changes many students before you have surmounted!

I wish I had known more about the strong presence of Greek life on my campus. This aspect was not one that could be readily researched on the school website nor could I discover this on a one day tour of Sonoma State University. If I had known about this beforehand I may have chosen to attend a small liberal arts college that does not have such a prevalent Greek culture. Now that I am here I truly appreciate the efforts Greek makes to unify our students.

The kind of person that should not attend Sonoma State University is unneighborly. Since it is such a small campus there is not the feeling of anonymity you might get at larger schools. This campus has a tight-knit community filled with people who want to help you along your path to sucess. At Sonoma State University you will likely get to know your professors on a first name basis and you are guaranteed to see familiar faces everywhere you go!

Ma

Sonoma State University has a relaxed environment thats give it's students the opportunity to learn and enjoy one self.

I would tell myself to study harder because college is much harder than high school work. Also, be more open to new people and friends because everyone is going through the same experience. Although, the food is difficult, you should be more mindful of your spending habits. Do not work on schoolwork and essays the very last minute becuase it will take more time to write and edit than it did in high school. You will have more time to yourself because you can choose what classes you want and when to take them, so schedule wisely. Do not stress over how many units you have or do not have because there will be more chances to add classes and you will have more priority in the coming years to pick classes. This dorm is not only yours, it belongs to everybody else; so do not take on all of the responsibility of the suite. Do not stress too much over grades and school work; learn to have fun.

Sonoma State University has the finest living style in all of California; it offers less expensive dorms that includes a living room and a bathroom. The campus is beautiful encompasing many different types of trees, a large garden and even a lake. The students are very laid-back and they create a supportive community. The professors create personal connections with their students and truly want all the students to do well and achieve the best that they can achieve. We have an environmentally advanced recreational center and a brand new music building.

Sonoma State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.