Southeastern Illinois College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southeastern Illinois College

emma

it is boring.

Overall, Southeastern Illinois College is a great community college. Teachers are always available to help with homework or answer any questions. Class sizes are relatively small, allowing a friendlier learning environment. But best of all, Southeastern Illinois College is affordable. There are many different scholarship opportunities for those willing to work for them. There is also a variety of student worker jobs available. If you want to get a head start on college, Southeastern Illinois College offers dual credit classes that allow you to start taking college classes while still in high school. There are many opportunities to get involved in theatre or musical programs. There are also many different clubs, from the Math & Science club to successful speech team. The globally recognized association, Phi Theta Kappa, has a branch at Southeastern Illinois College. Maybe you are an introvert and need some private space. No problem there. Southeastern Illinois College offers rooms specified to your major for you to hang out in. The Green Room, for Theatre students, offers a lazy place to hang out and relax. The Music Lab offers music majors a place to jam out or study. The Business lab offers business majors a room full of computers for their personal use. Not only does Southeastern Illinois College have a cafeteria with decent food, but they also have a coffee shop thanks to their amazing Student Government. The Student Government pays special care to meet the needs of students, as well as treating them to special places like the Starbucks Coffee Shop.

Nellani

SIC offers a great online learning experience. I love getting to chat with others in my class that I would have never met otherwise. There is also a wide variety of ages in the classes so you get a lot of different views on subjects discussed. All of the faculty members that I have dealt with are friendly and very knowledgeable. This community college is a great transition from High School to College life. I have enjoyed the online courses that I have taken and will continue to continue my education at this facility this summer.

Kayli

On the night of October 11th, it was my senior night. I had been looking forward to this night since my freshman year, when I had just begun high school volleyball. It seemed like such a special night to all the seniors before me, but as I grew older I did not find it as interesting. As it was approaching, I had forgot to even tell my parents about it because I was not that excited for it. The days leading up to this event had me questioning whether I should be excited, sad, or both for this night. After a day full of schoolwork and stress, I went home to get prepared for this game. As I arrived at the school, my teammates would not let me in the building and I was so confused. After about 20 minutes of me waiting they finally let me inside, where I found the gym was decorated and there were posters with each of the senior’s names and numbers. I was truly touched when I saw this because I was not expecting it. Two of my best friends that are on the team got me a gift and I didn’t know until they gave it to me and it was a small bag full of my favorite candy. To most people, it was just a bag of candy but the fact that they went out of their way to get me candy to make me feel better meant the world to me.