Whittier, CA
Southern California University of Health Sciences

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern California University of Health Sciences

Harold

Southern California University of Health Sciences is a sham and the employees there are bullies! Don't waste your time, and more importantly your money applying or attending. I applied to both their DC and PA programs and was first accepted into their DC program. After my acceptance, I kept receiving admissions emails regarding my "admission to their PA program." When I called the school to report the irregularity, I was told by Ms Elizabeth Cruz the email had been sent in error. Strangely, Ms Elizabeth Cruz also told me at that time that applicants were expected to be "professional throughout the application process." - Apparently Ms Elizabeth Cruz says this to "everyone" (despite never saying this to me at any time during our previous phone calls before that). It wasn't after I called to follow up on my PA application (months later) that I was told (more so screamed at) by Mr David Coronado, who told me I would not be accepted into their PA program and that my DC acceptance had been rescinded because I had "altered" their admission emails... When I tried to ask where this accusation was coming from, Mr David Coronado refused to let me speak and threatened to report me to CASPA. When I tried to justify the validity of the emails I had received, Mr Coronado raised his voice at me and told me that my opinion did not matter. Well after months of being told I'd get a call back from the dean of the DC and PA program (which never occurred), I was able to settle the situation with the school and obtain an apology. The school did in fact report me to CASPA and I was also able to obtain a retraction for their libelous claim. At this point I have no desire to attend this school and was glad to see the reality about SCUHS before becoming part of the student body. Ultimately SCUHS and its staff lack the professionalism required to operate a health sciences school and SCUHS' action only discredits the legitimacy of the school. While SCUHS is tasked with training our future healthcare providers, the school doesn't seem to know what it is doing at the administrative level...

haykoushek

I just started my first class at this university and so far it has been nothing but a joy attending this school. SCUH has a very professional staff and amazing professors and my fellow class mates help each other out like we are a big family which makes you enjoy going to school.

Fernando

Southern California University of Health Science is wonderful school that is expanding the type of professions that one can explore. The largest group of students consist of students in the doctor of Chiropractic Medicine program. Other programs include, physician assistant, Licensed Acupuncturist, Doctorate of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, and many more. What attracted me to come to this school for my graduate program is the community of the faculty and staff. They are readily available and willing to help at any given time. There are many opportunities for extra on hands work if needed. During the first term, you dive in hands on with activities which is also very exciting and worthwhile. It helps piece together the information learned throughout the curriculum but in the classroom instead of laboratories. For a student like myself who needs to see and perform activities to make the connection, this is the most beneficial aspect of the program. I’d recommend this school to anybody pursuing a degree in Medicine of any sort.

Michelle

There is a large emphasis on anatomy and medical research at SCUHS compared to some of the other chiropractic schools out the...

There is a large emphasis on anatomy and medical research at SCUHS compared to some of the other chiropractic schools out there.

Just because you are the minority, it does not mean that you can not excel like the others in school. Embrace that you're not the norm for a typical high school student in Ohio. Yes, all the other students in high school think you're weird but that's because they don't realize that individuality is what everyone wants when you get to college and finish. You will be happier later in life if you can believe in yourself now because confidence is all you need. Although no one else at your high school is Buddhist, that doesn't mean you should be ashamed. Although, no one else looks like you, you should be proud. You're quite an exotic beauty and you're smart. One day you'll decide to become a doctor of chiropractic so just keep your head up and work hard. Concentrate on school and embrace your parents and love them; they really do know what's right. We won't live forever, so make the best of everything because high school is just the beginning!

Someone who is not driven, someone who can not imagine working on cadavers, and someone who is not willing to put effort into studying.

Southern California University of Health Sciences administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.